View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • GSP vs.

    47 85.45%
  • Diaz

    8 14.55%
  • Rory vs.

    34 61.82%
  • Condit

    18 32.73%
  • Hendricks vs.

    43 78.18%
  • Ellenberger

    9 16.36%
  • Jim Miller vs.

    25 45.45%
  • Showtime

    25 45.45%
  • Aldo vs.

    28 50.91%
  • Edgar

    22 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52

Thread: GSP vs. Diaz!

  1. #21
    Member Fasthands25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Burnaby B.C Canada
    Posts
    1,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marvin destin View Post
    And like the all-in GSP greatest of all time school your response is what they all say.

    Nick Diaz onn his back is not just some guy.

    GSP wants Nick on the ground, good.

    Go get em george.

    Nick trains with great wrestlers including Jake.
    But more than just him.

    GSP didnt exactly dominate Jake shields.
    He moonwalked Jake and he will try to moonwalk Nick.
    He cant knock nick out so he wont go there, he certainly cant out box nick.
    and you can yap all you want about his wrestling.
    GS will not want to take Nick to the ground unless hes sure he can get side control
    But even then. Diaz is big. Looked as big as shamrock at 182.
    GSP will find Diaz the hardest guy to control.

    Hell be doing he jackson camp shuffle
    One good thing. I expect Nick to do a ton of pre fight smacktalking.

    Anything to get Girlie Scent Pierre to fight/.



    Bet on that.
    Yeah, people are counting out Nick way too much. The guy is going to bring his A game, and regardless of peoples opinions of Nick, that is A LOT! I expect a war, and as tough and disheartening as a fight it may be to watch I'm rooting for the bad guy. WARDIAZ!

  2. #22
    MMAWeekly Regular purekane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    wood grain grippin'
    Posts
    12,075

    Default

    Man. If Georges loses. ...my squad of homeboys will self ignite.

    No disrespect to the champ n'shlt, but I'm all in for this kid.

    War Diaz...
    give me becky

  3. #23
    MMAWeekly Regular airjasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    10,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marvin destin View Post
    And like the all-in GSP greatest of all time school your response is what they all say.

    Nick Diaz onn his back is not just some guy.

    GSP wants Nick on the ground, good.

    Go get em george.

    Nick trains with great wrestlers including Jake.
    But more than just him.

    GSP didnt exactly dominate Jake shields.
    He moonwalked Jake and he will try to moonwalk Nick.
    He cant knock nick out so he wont go there, he certainly cant out box nick.
    and you can yap all you want about his wrestling.
    GS will not want to take Nick to the ground unless hes sure he can get side control
    But even then. Diaz is big. Looked as big as shamrock at 182.
    GSP will find Diaz the hardest guy to control.

    Hell be doing he jackson camp shuffle
    One good thing. I expect Nick to do a ton of pre fight smacktalking.

    Anything to get Girlie Scent Pierre to fight/.



    Bet on that.

    I don't know what is better...your ability to break down a fight or your scoring system.
    23-3 at Avatar/Sig/Self Ban

  4. #24
    Senior Member OliG83v.2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by airjasper View Post
    I don't know what is better...your ability to break down a fight or your scoring system.
    Both pale into insignificance when held up against your ability to suck on George's nutsack!

  5. #25
    MMAWeekly Regular airjasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    10,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OliG83v.2 View Post
    Both pale into insignificance when held up against your ability to suck on George's nutsack!

    New material any time soon would be greatly appreciated.
    23-3 at Avatar/Sig/Self Ban

  6. #26
    Member sinceufc2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    the mean streets
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by austmma View Post
    I hope this is true....
    Yeah, I mean why would we want Diaz to stay in the sport. It's not like he's been involved in some of the most exciting fights in the history of the sport. Gomi, Lawler, Daley, Karo, Diego, etc. etc. etc. What the **** is wrong with you, asswipe?
    While a cheap hooker may be able to get you off a cheap attorney never will

  7. #27
    MMAWeekly Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    10,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marvin destin View Post
    And like the all-in GSP greatest of all time school your response is what they all say.

    Nick Diaz onn his back is not just some guy.

    GSP wants Nick on the ground, good.

    Go get em george.

    Nick trains with great wrestlers including Jake.
    But more than just him.

    GSP didnt exactly dominate Jake shields.
    He moonwalked Jake and he will try to moonwalk Nick.
    He cant knock nick out so he wont go there, he certainly cant out box nick.
    and you can yap all you want about his wrestling.
    GS will not want to take Nick to the ground unless hes sure he can get side control
    But even then. Diaz is big. Looked as big as shamrock at 182.
    GSP will find Diaz the hardest guy to control.

    Hell be doing he jackson camp shuffle
    One good thing. I expect Nick to do a ton of pre fight smacktalking.

    Anything to get Girlie Scent Pierre to fight/.



    Bet on that.
    I don't think GSP is necessarily the greatest of all time, but you are ignoring common logic.

    Of course GSP would rather take Diaz down even if it means being in his guard because the one and only area that Diaz has over GSP is hands.

    I agree GSP can't knock him out, but with all Nick's scar tissue he can cut him up badly and possibly get a TKO.

    Nick Diaz on his back has a very good guard, but still probably not good enough to sub GSP.

    Maybe he can, we will see.

    GSP had a pretty easy time with Shields, it was a one sided fight where he outboxed him and Shields offered very little offense.

    I don't care how many good wrestlers Diaz trains with, if you see him stuffing more than one of GSPs shots MAX you are crazy.

    He cannot stop GSP from taking him down and cannot take GSP down, it just ain't happening, both because GSP has great wrestling and Diaz has ****ty wrestling.

    I think it would be pretty cool if Nick can beat him, but it's going to be HIGHLY unlikely.

    The fact that you think Diaz can easily beat GSP speaks for how little you are able to comprehend this style match up and Diaz's weaknesses when faced with good wrestlers who also have good leg kicks, good top control and good sub defense.

    This fight is going to look a LOT like Bendo vs Nate minus GSP landing the significant punches standing that Bendo did.
    Last edited by Toehold; 01-09-2013 at 01:49 PM.

  8. #28

    Default

    Didn't Nick have surgery to remove the scar tissue and make himself harder to cut?
    A Black Belt is just a White Belt who didn't quit.

  9. #29
    MMAWeekly Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    10,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Didn't Nick have surgery to remove the scar tissue and make himself harder to cut?
    Oh yeah I think he did, but has he had any cut stoppages since then??

    Anyways, I'd imagine it couldn't all be gone, but that could work in his favor.

    I really don't see GSP stopping him unless it's via cut, and don't see Diaz stopping GSP, so I think it will be one more 5 round UD.

  10. #30
    Member kingofthering81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    AKA
    Posts
    1,232

    Default

    Gsp lay and lay more. He will have problems with the pace


    "Believe in yourself. Believe in your own potential for greatness. Believe that you can change the world. It is something that is within each of us."

    --Evan Michael Tanner 1971-2008

    I feel like I am running out of time!!

    --Nick Diaz

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts