+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebuilding Babylon

Nothing like public failure/success.

Managed a 120 kg front squat for 7 reps last night after a decent clean and jerk session up to 110 kgs. Starting to get some momentum here. Hopefully this continues and intensifies.

Got a 97 kg snatch that felt ok, but not great. That's still around 70 lbs away from my peak a few months ago.

Got a 145 back squat for a nice set of 5. That's decent, but I've done 185 for 5 before so we're still a ways off, guys.

Crawling out of the primordial goo.

Snatch to 100.
    FS to 120 x 5.
    BS to 165.
    OHS to 90 x 5.

Rest on Sunday.

Today I'll be looking to get outside for some sprints and agility work, then back in for some CnJ, incline dumbbells, heavy KB swings, and maybe wrap-up with some bent rows or chins. Still working mobility every session. Feeling solid.

What kind of agility drills do you do?

Leg swings - forward, backward, sideways
    Band stretches (see MOB WOD)
    PVC dislocates and related drills
    High skip + backward
    Kareoka (side shuffle)
    High knees
    Butt kicks
    Possibly some sprinting, change of directions drills/cone drills, jumping (lateral and vertical), or something like burpees

These are basically movements you'd see football, soccer, track athletes performing prior to a training session or competition plus some other stuff I've mixed in that works well for me or addresses specific issues I have. Point is to prepare your body and CNS for dynamic, end-range movements at full capacity with low risk of injury.
    Last edited by Baphomet3; 02-05-2013 at 08:46 AM.

Also hit a front squat at 123 kgs x 5 last night. Not much to hang my hat on but progress is progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomet3 View Post
    Leg swings - forward, backward, sideways
    Band stretches (see MOB WOD)
    PVC dislocates and related drills
    High skip + backward
    Kareoka (side shuffle)
    High knees
    Butt kicks
    Possibly some sprinting, change of directions drills/cone drills, jumping (lateral and vertical), or something like burpees

These are basically movements you'd see football, soccer, track athletes performing prior to a training session or competition plus some other stuff I've mixed in that works well for me or addresses specific issues I have. Point is to prepare your body and CNS for dynamic, end-range movements at full capacity with low risk of injury.
    I've incorporated sprints and box jumps to my regimen since I began reading your posts. I will be sure to incorporate some of these. Thanks man.

You can get ideas from YouTube. Search for gymnastics warm ups, mobility drills, football warm-ups, soccer warm-ups, track and field warm-ups, agility and speed drills, and just see what comes up. You get a bunch of ideas and expirament with it and keep what you like.

Pretty frustrating day. Snatched up to 101. Missed 105 several times. Seems like my focus is really off.
    Hit some front and back squats light just to get reps in.
    Finished up with bent rows and presses, light, and a bit of free-form jogging.

+ Reply to Thread