+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bellator to match UFC offer to Alvarez.

Default Bellator to match UFC offer to Alvarez.

MMAjunkie.com is reporting that Bellator has offered a contract to Alvarez matching the UFC terms.

No specifics provided.

Sucks for Eddie if he has to stay in the small pond. Sucks for the fans too.
    A Black Belt is just a White Belt who didn't quit.

Ufc probably low balled him anyways. Now, they can run a smear campaign about lost opportunities

for Alvarez n'shlt.

TBF this will test Eddie and where he wants to take his career, UFC have signed way to many so called big names from other orgs with huge reputations who have then done nothing in the UFC, I dont blame them for paying an average price for the guy, let him earn the big cash contract!

Personally I dont think he'll even be top 5 in the UFC! LW is seriously stacked!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

How does the money stack up? I've always thought that I would personally like to be the big fish in a small pond. Less pressure. Decent money. Everyone loves you.

Michael Chandler is the big fish, and its a nice little lake not a pond.

called it.
    Fighter bashing vs not fighter bashing is like the difference between farting and dropping a silencer in a crowded elevator...

MMAWeekly Regular

Seems very unfair to me that Eddie HAS to agree now that Bellator has matched the UFC's offer.

The money might be equal but I bet Eddie knows DAMN WELL his chance to progress his career lies with the UFC and would rather sign him.

I don't think it's fair that fighters are considered "objects" in this way without a choice.

I realize he must have signed some kind of contract with Bellator initially which stated this so it was originally his "choice" most likely however, but I don't know the specifics.

Well, looks like Eddie is going to have no one to give him good competition other than Chandler or MAYBE Hawn.

He'll never reach the top of the sport if he can't get into the UFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Toehold View Post
    Seems very unfair to me that Eddie HAS to agree now that Bellator has matched the UFC's offer.

The money might be equal but I bet Eddie knows DAMN WELL his chance to progress his career lies with the UFC and would rather sign him.

I don't think it's fair that fighters are considered "objects" in this way without a choice.

I realize he must have signed some kind of contract with Bellator initially which stated this so it was originally his "choice" most likely however, but I don't know the specifics.

Well, looks like Eddie is going to have no one to give him good competition other than Chandler or MAYBE Hawn.

He'll never reach the top of the sport if he can't get into the UFC.
    He shouldn't have signed such a ****ty contract...that being said if Bellator is matching than at least he gets paid.

I read that Bellator made a counter-offer rather than match the UFC's contract. I would imagine that the money is comparable to what Dana & co. offered but makes no mention of potential PPV income.

From what I've read it appears the Eddie is seeking legal advice to ascertain whether or not this counter = matching for the purpose of retaining his rights.

so what if UFC offered $1. And Bellator matches $1. Doesnt he have a right to say, nice, but I dont accept this ****ty contract?
    Fighter bashing vs not fighter bashing is like the difference between farting and dropping a silencer in a crowded elevator...

+ Reply to Thread