+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Do we need to change FOTY scoring for 2013?

  1. #1

    Default Do we need to change FOTY scoring for 2013?

    We've been through a lot of different methods for scoring FOTY. The past 2 or so years, here is the system we have used:

    Your score +
    30 Title win
    20 #1 Contender win
    10 Contender win
    20 KO win
    15 Sub win
    10 Dec win
    5 Draw
    10 Fighter of the night


    Some people have mentioned they have issues with this system. One being that if you miss one single event over the entire year it is VERY hard to come back and win FOTY because you get no score for that event. Another issue was taking out extra points for method of victory because you can't control your opponents score.

    If we change anything I'd like for it to be a general consensus, not just one or two people having a problem with certain things

    I'd like as much feedback as possible here, espically from the vets who have been here through the systems of the past
    2007 MLB Playoffs Pick 'Em Champ
    2009 MMAF 32 Man Grand Prix Champ
    2009 MMAF Fighter of the Year
    Former MMAF Champ (4x)
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a27/ncarlton/vitorip5.gif

  2. #2
    Member maggotbrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    GWA
    Posts
    651

    Default

    Id rather see high PPE averaged get rewarded over someone who ko's A guy with a low score. Jmho.

  3. #3

    Default

    Even if we get rid of the extra points for Sub/KO wins, I think there still needs to be points given for a W in general instead of just using PPA. Maybe we need to make all wins worth like 10 or 15 instead of having a different value for each type of win
    2007 MLB Playoffs Pick 'Em Champ
    2009 MMAF 32 Man Grand Prix Champ
    2009 MMAF Fighter of the Year
    Former MMAF Champ (4x)
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a27/ncarlton/vitorip5.gif

  4. #4
    Senior Member parsons99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Courtice, ON, Canada
    Posts
    5,422

    Default

    Whatever you think is best I'm cool with.
    9 Time SBFL Champion
    4
    Time MMAF Champion
    6 Time UFF Champion
    2011 UFF FOTY
    2011 Fantasy Fighting HOF Inductee
    @parsons99




  5. #5
    Member maggotbrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    GWA
    Posts
    651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonDerris View Post
    Even if we get rid of the extra points for Sub/KO wins, I think there still needs to be points given for a W in general instead of just using PPA. Maybe we need to make all wins worth like 10 or 15 instead of having a different value for each type of win
    I agree, it is a H2H competition. I just don't think the ko/sub win pts are always as deserving as the guy who won a SD but outscored the guy who ko'd some low scorer

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maggotbrain View Post
    I agree, it is a H2H competition. I just don't think the ko/sub win pts are always as deserving as the guy who won a SD but outscored the guy who ko'd some low scorer
    I would agree with this.

  7. #7

    Default

    30 Title win
    20 #1 Contender win
    10 Contender win
    10 Win
    25 Top Scoring Fighter
    20 2nd Highest Scoring Fighter
    15 3rd Highest Scoring Fighter
    10 4th Highest Scoring Fighter
    5 5th Highest Scoring Fighter
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Clay Guida beats Takanori "The Fireball Kid" Gomi by Submission (Gulliotine Choke) at 4:27 Rd 2

    This sig was bestowen upon me by XXXvaletudoXXX

  8. #8

    Default

    Also, I say throw out 2 total events for the year.

    Example, if there is 25 events, then FOTY is decided on top 23 scoring events.

    Thats probably asking to much, I know its a lot of work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Clay Guida beats Takanori "The Fireball Kid" Gomi by Submission (Gulliotine Choke) at 4:27 Rd 2

    This sig was bestowen upon me by XXXvaletudoXXX

  9. #9

    Default

    Throwing out a couple events would be a bitch.

    Some people don't like using the scores every event because if you miss an event you are basically done (happened to kcbowser, metalmike, etc this year)

    What if....instead of getting 0 for a missed event, you get like 5 minus the lowest score? That way you're not totally shut out, but you don't beat anyone who got their picks in. You'd take a hit in the standings, but it wouldn't ruin your entire year
    2007 MLB Playoffs Pick 'Em Champ
    2009 MMAF 32 Man Grand Prix Champ
    2009 MMAF Fighter of the Year
    Former MMAF Champ (4x)
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a27/ncarlton/vitorip5.gif

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    MMA fan in Tennessee
    Posts
    220

    Default

    sounds like a good compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonDerris View Post
    Throwing out a couple events would be a bitch.

    Some people don't like using the scores every event because if you miss an event you are basically done (happened to kcbowser, metalmike, etc this year)

    What if....instead of getting 0 for a missed event, you get like 5 minus the lowest score? That way you're not totally shut out, but you don't beat anyone who got their picks in. You'd take a hit in the standings, but it wouldn't ruin your entire year

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts