+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Most incorrect you have ever been re: MMA

MMAWeekly Regular xxxVALETUDOxxx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Garth View Post
    Yup. I never should have slept on Cain though.
    I knew you were nuts when you stated that he literally had 0% chance. I figured it was just an exaggeration of course, but I figured by now you would know better.
    Proudly supporting: Equality, Work placement for all monetary handouts ,Nick Diaz, Anderson Silva, Welfare Drugtesting, Junior Dos Santos, Alessio Sakara, Blatant Video taping of all police arrests by the public to be put on youtube for all to see, Deep sea spear fishing, Edson Barboza, Bill Murray, Glover Texeria, Non-GMO, 100% organic produce , Chemtrail research and investigation, Boycotting Monsanto, Photography and Art programs in our school systems, Squirters

MMAWeekly Regular

Props on admitting you were wrong Garth, it takes a big man, I try to do it as much as possible, although you DID TOTALLY "sleep on Cain" lol.

No offense, but that would be an understatement, in regards to this fight you were in a freakin coma against Cain hahah.

Man, this would be a very hard one for me, I think there could be any number of answers.

But the one that immediately comes to mind with the least amount of thought, is, believe it or not, Royce vs Sakuraba 1.

You know, I have been a fan since UFC 1 in 1993, I first got on a BJJ mat in 1995 and had seminars with Royce throughout the 90s and he actually knew who I was for a while (I doubt he still remembers me) and I have been training on and off since 1996 (A LOT of off due to injuries and many other reasons).

But back then, I (and many others) thought Royce was invincible.

I had gone through my period of doubting him, UFCs 1-4, and didn't accept he was the man until UFC 5 when he fought Shamrock to a draw.

After that, I thought he couldn't lose, that BJJ was the only art ANYONE EVER needed to know (I have since learned otherwise).

I didn't see the fight till I knew the result.

But I went to my BJJ class back whatever year that was, and asked my friends the result, and I was in SHOCK to hear that Sakuraba had not only beaten Royce, but had actually come close to subbing him with both a kneelock and standing armlock.

There hadn't even been a question in my mind that he might lose.

That took some getting used to and was my wake up call that there is more to MMA than just BJJ.

MMAWeekly Regular xxxVALETUDOxxx's Avatar

I thought Tito was going to beat Randy. I'll admit it.
    Proudly supporting: Equality, Work placement for all monetary handouts ,Nick Diaz, Anderson Silva, Welfare Drugtesting, Junior Dos Santos, Alessio Sakara, Blatant Video taping of all police arrests by the public to be put on youtube for all to see, Deep sea spear fishing, Edson Barboza, Bill Murray, Glover Texeria, Non-GMO, 100% organic produce , Chemtrail research and investigation, Boycotting Monsanto, Photography and Art programs in our school systems, Squirters

"I Train UFC."

I thought Chuck had a cake walk with Rashad. To that point Rashad hadn't shown much with his hands, and I didn't think he'd get Chuck down. His movement and willingness to commit to punches that night made him look like a completely different fighter in my opinion. I was really looking forward to Chuck fighting Forrest on UFC 92...too bad.

MMAWeekly Regular

Quote Originally Posted by triplej2345 View Post
    I thought Chuck had a cake walk with Rashad. To that point Rashad hadn't shown much with his hands, and I didn't think he'd get Chuck down. His movement and willingness to commit to punches that night made him look like a completely different fighter in my opinion. I was really looking forward to Chuck fighting Forrest on UFC 92...too bad.
    Yeah, I also thought it was a complete given that Chuck was going to EASILY knock Rashad out and that he was just more fodder for Chuck.

I was CERTAIN that Sokodoju was going to revolutionize the sport. A high level judoka with freak, Predator athleticism and sick hands comes on the scene and decapitates two top 10 LHWs in short order (Arona, KO; Little Nog, KO). And then . . . he just started sucking???

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomet3 View Post
    I was CERTAIN that Sokodoju was going to revolutionize the sport. A high level judoka with freak, Predator athleticism and sick hands comes on the scene and decapitates two top 10 LHWs in short order (Arona, KO; Little Nog, KO). And then . . . he just started sucking???
    And he was in Dan Henderson's camp....wtf?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky Supafly View Post
    There's no need to go Fox News on this shit, you fucking dildo.
    Quote Originally Posted by d3murf View Post
    This is me vs you. One on Bum!

seeing Tito get that glorious last win againts Bader was pretty unexpected

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Serra/GSP
    Shields/Hendo
    Randy Couture
    Agree. Henderson/Shields.

Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Agree. Henderson/Shields.
    I don't think Hendo and Shields counts though, based completely on the fact that I buy totally Dan's "excuse" of terrible back problems. If they fought tomorrow and Shields did it again I would be more incorrect than I was for Cain and JDS, and that's fucking incorrect as incorrect can be.
    If Frank Mir had been in PRIDE he would be the GOAT

+ Reply to Thread