+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I thought JDS was the standup king?

Default I thought JDS was the standup king?

How does a "wrestler" like Cain "the walking La Raza billboard" Velasquez beat up the fighter
    virtually everyone says is the best boxer in the MMA game.

JDS had his hands down the whole fight. Got totally clocked several times.
    By a wrestler.
    Did the best striker on the planet forget how to perform the mechanics of striking?

Brazilians (like Dos) don't make excuses. His fans might, but he won't. I think

Floyd explained it best, though. Cain's frenetic pace, didn't allow Junior

to plant that one hitter quitter or let alone... even look

for open angles.
    give me becky

He could had also taken a dive....

Quote Originally Posted by Premier View Post
    He could had also taken a dive....
    If he took a dive, he sure as hell sold it pretty well!

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Crown View Post
    If he took a dive, he sure as hell sold it pretty well!
    Yeah...he didn;' wanted to get caught.

MMAWeekly Regular

Quote Originally Posted by marvin destin View Post
    How does a "wrestler" like Cain "the walking La Raza billboard" Velasquez beat up the fighter

By a wrestler.
    Did the best striker on the planet forget how to perform the mechanics of striking?
    Maybe it turns out that Cain is actually a much better striker than some thought?

I am willing to admit it, except I always thought he could do fairly well in the standup department in the rematch, just not THAT well and that if he kept it standing eventually JDS would beat him.

By the same token, he couldn't finish JDS, and JDS did finish him with his standup in the first fight, so which of them OVERALL has better stand up is still debatable.

If you take out the takedowns, the ground game, the kicks and the knees, it's an entirely different fight, and yes, I STILL think that in more cases than not, in a PURE MMA boxing match with 4 oz gloves where JDS has nothing else to worry about, he'd be the favorite more often than not.

And obviously Cain is NOT just a "wrestler", he trains at AKA...so obviously he has trained his ass of in kickboxing and boxing.

He's a Mixed Martial Artist, not a wrestler.

I don't know why JDS kept his hands down so much but I am sure he will address the problem and come back better next time.

I HATE these threads after these fights happen.

"Oh, so I guess the ex-champ or 'X fighter' isn't any good because he lost".

Get out of here with that shiit.

Maybe certain elements of his game have been overrated, maybe not, maybe certain elements of Cain's game were underrated?? (I think that is more the case).

No excuses, JDS got outstruck, but there is no need to point fingers and laugh at those who think he's a great striker, and I still do think he's a great striker.

Kings get dethroned.

MMA fans are the worst when they see a fighter lose that has not lost in a while. For a lot of idiots, if you are not the champ, you're a chump.
    Quote Originally Posted by (v2)ROVPitViper View Post
    hell TOIAP said a lot of you PM'd him to create the "50 reasons to dislike ROV" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by marvin destin View Post

By a wrestler.
    ...and I thought mongoloids could not write sentences properly, yet here you are.

Cain has nice hands, but JDS is also the "striking king" only in the sense that he's got good handspeed in power among a very thin division where guys like Mir and Nog don't bring much athleticism to the table. You could take all the fast-twitch muscle in the HW division not attached to Cain and JDS and fit it inside Dana's hair follicles. JDS in a kickboxing match with Bonjansky or something like that would be, I think, humiliating. He's got bad habits galore and doesn't use most of his tools.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jinete II View Post
    ...and I thought mongoloids could not write sentences properly, yet here you are.
    The mystery of how a mongoloid could pen a cogent question is equalled perhaps by how a humanoid
    whose skull is without a brain can use a computer to ask a question about the mongoloid.

+ Reply to Thread