+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 74 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2013 NFL Playoff Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by purekane View Post
    Awesome input. Was that a question asked in the post game interview?
    I think I saw that in Peter Kings Monday Morning QB article on cnnsi.com

So I'm guessing most people are expecting the Pats/Ravens to be the closer game Sunday?

I got some cash on the 9ers and the Ravens... Had a good weekend last week
    Quote Originally Posted by (v2)ROVPitViper View Post
    hell TOIAP said a lot of you PM'd him to create the "50 reasons to dislike ROV" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by PatSox View Post
    Yeah. I saw that at the time, but I thought he was just covering for Fox. Which is admirable
    I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. With as conservative as Fox is, especially last Saturday, I can def see him calling a run there and hoping to catch the D sleeping on the run and pick up 10 yards there.

Crabtree questioned for sexual assault...oh snap!
    if everyone is fuccin dimes why the ugly bltches gettin' pregnant?

People are really sleeping on Atlanta. I think i'm in the minority, well me and Stephen A Smith, but I think they aren't getting any respect being at home where they were 7-1. Yes, Seattle came back and almost beat them but remember what Seattle did to the 49ers not so long ago? They crushed them at their place. I think this going to be close..I'm not sure i'm willing to say Kaepernick does what he did last week on the road

Quote Originally Posted by Murphs56 View Post
    People are really sleeping on Atlanta. I think i'm in the minority, well me and Stephen A Smith, but I think they aren't getting any respect being at home where they were 7-1. Yes, Seattle came back and almost beat them but remember what Seattle did to the 49ers not so long ago? They crushed them at their place. I think this going to be close..I'm not sure i'm willing to say Kaepernick does what he did last week on the road
    I don't think Kaepernick NEEDS to do what he did last week.....hell he didn't have to do it last week. San Fran would have won anyway. It just would have been a little closer

Atlanta isn't getting any respect because even when they finally "earned" it, they sort of didn't. That was almost an EPIC collapse there and if not for Pete Carroll's time out, it would have been a complete one. They are clearly a talented group, but there have been a lot of those that fell flat in the postseason. Peyton Manning has been on a ton of them

San Fran, to their credit, have won a couple big playoff games the last two years, beating two recent Superbowl champs in the Saints and Packers and barely losing to another, the Giants, because of a couple flubbed punt returns. They barely missed making the Superbowl last year and have put themselves right back in the NFC title game with a chance to go this year. They also excel at the thing that, even in this day and age of huge offensive numbers, still proves itself out come the last few weeks of the postseason, and that's defense. So everyone knows that team is legit and a serious threat to win it all

Atlanta, on the other hand, have put themselves in a spot where there is still well deserved doubt. They can prove all that wrong and be standing in front of a mic after the Superbowl, saying "no one thought we could do it, no one....." But because of all their prior failures and how close they came to flushing themselves down the drain again, until they at least win another playoff game, the doubters are still very much justified
    Last edited by PatSox; 01-19-2013 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PatSox View Post
    I don't think Kaepernick NEEDS to do what he did last week.....hell he didn't have to do it last week. San Fran would have won anyway. It just would have been a little closer

Atlanta isn't getting any respect because even when they finally "earned" it, they sort of didn't. That was almost an EPIC collapse there and if not for Pete Carroll's time out, it would have been a complete one. They are clearly a talented group, but there have been a lot of those that fell flat in the postseason. Peyton Manning has been on a ton of them

San Fran, to their credit, have won a couple big playoff games the last two years, beating two recent Superbowl champs in the Saints and Packers and barely losing to another, the Giants, because of a couple flubbed punt returns. They barely missed making the Superbowl last year and have put themselves right back in the NFC title game with a chance to go this year. They also excel at the thing that, even in this day and age of huge offensive numbers, still proves itself out come the last few weeks of the postseason, and that's defense. So everyone knows that team is legit and a serious threat to win it all

Atlanta, on the other hand, have put themselves in a spot where there is still well deserved doubt. They can prove all that wrong and be standing in front of a mic after the Superbowl, saying "no one thought we could do it, no one....." But because of all their prior failures and how close they came to flushing themselves down the drain again, until they at least win another playoff game, the doubters are still very much justified
    49ers defense is good and has helped get them to the playoffs, but quite frankly once there the D hasn't been that good. Blame it on taking on elite QB or whatever you want, look at the two games last year and the one so far this year and its been the offense that has carried the day. I disagree with your assesment on Crapernick not needing to have that kind of offensive day...remember the Packers still loaded 31 on them....good enough to beat most teams...and definitely good enough to beat the 49ers w/o what their QB did that day.

I think the 49ers will beat the Falcons, but just like against the Seahawks this is going to come down to a field goal in my opinion. Everyone looking past Atlanta at home as just some punching bag for the 49ers haven't been seeing what this team has done at home.

As for the Patriots/Ravens....not really sure how the Ravens cover all the options Brady has at his disposal, but then again I thought the same thing last year and it was that drop in the endzone and a missed fieldgoal that stopped the Ravens from beating the Patriots. Just like the other game I am thinking whoever has the ball last takes it.

Both games 27-24 (ish)...
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion

The 'Stick..you know, the NFC Championship Game

Here we are again Patsy... exactly 1 year later in the same spot(s).... Both our team playing for the right to play each other in the Super Bowl. It should have been us beating you last year but 2 unfortunate fumbles from he whose name shall not be spoken proved otherwise. Yes this year, Mr KW is out for the year and HE won't be the one screwing us out of #6. Can't believe its been a full year. I think it will be SF vs NE this year ... I called us winning the Super Bowl this year the minute after we blew the NFCC last year. You better hope we lose cup, you guys ould WAX the Fas but probably would get an ass whoopin' (again...?) from us. Good luck man. Can't wait.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Mifojei#p/a/u/0/NsFlAmRFL8Q

How could you believe that the life within the seed
    That grew arms that reached
    And a heart that beat.
    And lips that smiled
    And eyes that cried.
    Could ever die?

80s music... real talk.

The 'Stick..you know, the NFC Championship Game

Roddy White flapping his gums at our KO artist secondary ... not smart.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Mifojei#p/a/u/0/NsFlAmRFL8Q

How could you believe that the life within the seed
    That grew arms that reached
    And a heart that beat.
    And lips that smiled
    And eyes that cried.
    Could ever die?

80s music... real talk.

+ Reply to Thread