+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2013 NFL Playoff Discussion Thread

The Ravens are old, and it showed down the stretch. I don't see them having anything for Denver. They'll play tight for a while, but Denver will pull away early in the 2nd half. Final Score Denver 27 Baltimore 10.

Similarly, while I keep chiding myself not to be overconfident, I don't see any way the Texans beat the Patriots. I don't expect it will be the same kind of blowout we saw a month ago, but I really like our rested team's chances. NE 34-24.

On the other side, San Fran has a hell of a D, and GB isn't going to ride roughshod over them. Yes GB's D has been better down the stretch, but not good enough. San Francisco 27- GB 24.

Atlanta vs. Seattle could be the best game of the week if you like deliberate defensive football. Seattle looks to control the clock and keep Matty Ice off the field. They know they aren't going to win a shootout. If they can be successful and keep the Falcon's offense from putting together a rhythm, this could be another awful performance for Atlanta. Having said that, Atlanta's too good to go down that way, I think. They break out just enough in the second half and win it late. Atlanta 27-21.
    A Black Belt is just a White Belt who didn't quit.

Quote Originally Posted by ocmmafan View Post
    So, you are trying to say you think Champ is a better teammate than Ray Lewis? Both are HOFers but I don't think anyone is comparing the two - who is everyone? I think this is the way you get yourself fired up to root for your own team and hope someone compares the two so you can argue about it.

I do agree the game won't be close. Denver will move the ball at will on them.
    Nobody on here is talking about it, I get that, I post a lot of stuff I hear on radio, cause I have no where else to post it. The bottom line is Champ Bailey is respected by more NFL players than Ray Lewis, as evidenced by Reggie Wayne a Hurricane calling Ray Lewis dancing at the end of the game disrespectful.
    Supporting Zuffa....the only promotion spending money to further the sport.

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

Quote Originally Posted by srdafish View Post
    Nobody on here is talking about it, I get that, I post a lot of stuff I hear on radio, cause I have no where else to post it. The bottom line is Champ Bailey is respected by more NFL players than Ray Lewis, as evidenced by Reggie Wayne a Hurricane calling Ray Lewis dancing at the end of the game disrespectful.
    Champ is awesome - no doubt about it. I too like the guys who let their play speak for them.

Did you take Ray's dance to be disrespectful? I didn't and I openly hate the attention grabbing celebration stuff. But Ray Lewis' last home game ever? He's an original Raven and the greatest player in the history of the franchise, so I think it was a big game to end his home career on. The fans wanted it, cheered him and he's been doing it for 17 years. Reggie is probably miffed because they lost.

Champ is awesome - no doubt about it. I too like the guys who let their play speak for them.

Did you take Ray's dance to be disrespectful? I didn't and I openly hate the attention grabbing celebration stuff. But Ray Lewis' last home game ever? He's an original Raven and the greatest player in the history of the franchise, so I think it was a big game to end his home career on. The fans wanted it, cheered him and he's been doing it for 17 years. Reggie is probably miffed because they lost.
    Everybody involved in the NFL knew the AFC Championship game in 1999 was John Elway's last home game, he didn't make it all about him. He took a lap around the field WITH his teammates, giving high fives to fans. Lewis made the game and the moment about him, that's disrespectful to his own team. His ego is now bigger than his impact on the field, that's clear as day.

Ever wonder why Joe Flacco seems to stay more or less the same player rather than improving year to year? You don't think that has anything to do with Lewis and the defense wanting to keep the mystic of them being the main reason they are a good football team? Trent Dilfer said it himself on ESPN, Lewis wants and needs the recognition of being the "team leader" even if he can't back up that claim on the field anymore. The truth is Joe Flacco is a better QB right now than Ray Lewis is a linebacker, but Lewis doesn't allow Flacco to lead that team.
    Supporting Zuffa....the only promotion spending money to further the sport.

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

Quote Originally Posted by purekane View Post
    Suck?.. I'm curious to see what Cousins can do, if it's true.
    He'd do OK...I just don't think he would elevate the team to another division title. RG III is a special dude with a unique skill set. There aren't many like him

Oh my god.....who...the hell.....Caaaaaaressssss???

Keep showing how stupid you are. I never said anything about black QBs or "running" QBs. That's all you claiming RGIII is a running QB which no one agrees with because it's wrong, and still it has nothing to do with what I said. The only person defining players as strictly a running QB is you. I don't think every QB needs to be as fast as RGIII nor run like him. I said the lead foot, non mobile QBs are NOT the future. For you to continue to claim Rogers is a pure pocket passer shows what a stubborn moron you are. The skillset needed to play QB in the NFL is evolving and mobility is a necessity - those that have the speed and agility to get first downs with their feet, ala RGIII, Wilson, Kaepernick, Luck, Rogers and others are in demand more so than a Dan Marino, Dan Fouts or Tom Brady.

You keep saying Cam is a running QB yet he's thrown for 8000 yards hos first two years in the league. You keep saying Rogers is a pure pocket passer yet he average 8 yards per carry on 3rd downs last year when he won MVP. He scrambles and uses his feet by RUNNING to get 1st downs. Apure pocket passer averages 8 yards per carry on 3rd down? Anyone that watches the Packers sees Rogers using pump fakes and his feet to get first downs in EVERY game.

You have no clue what you are talking about.
    So Rodgers career 16 yards per game average rushing means he's the future and way different than the QB of the past? Did you even read what I posted or did you just go into turbo dumb mode? I don't care what his averages are on any down. Look above again and see the 16 yards per game average. If he gets half those on 3rd down means that teams are sitting in deep dime packages and he has that room to run...something he doesn't do the rest of the game.

Here's another fun fact for you:

Aaron Rodgers rushing TD 2012: 2

Tom Brady rushing TD 2012: 4

But in your mind Brady doesn't use his legs at all...just a big statue out there that is a thing of the past while Rodgers is the next coming of Fran Tarketon!

You are a genius bub...
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion

Everybody involved in the NFL knew the AFC Championship game in 1999 was John Elway's last home game, he didn't make it all about him. He took a lap around the field WITH his teammates, giving high fives to fans. Lewis made the game and the moment about him, that's disrespectful to his own team. His ego is now bigger than his impact on the field, that's clear as day.

Ever wonder why Joe Flacco seems to stay more or less the same player rather than improving year to year? You don't think that has anything to do with Lewis and the defense wanting to keep the mystic of them being the main reason they are a good football team? Trent Dilfer said it himself on ESPN, Lewis wants and needs the recognition of being the "team leader" even if he can't back up that claim on the field anymore. The truth is Joe Flacco is a better QB right now than Ray Lewis is a linebacker, but Lewis doesn't allow Flacco to lead that team.
    So Ray does 17 years as a LB with multiple pro bowls and defensive player of the year and Superbowl MVP, but hasn't earned the right to go out his way? And who the hell is Trent Dilfer to be commenting on anything when his job was to throw the ball out of bounds or hand off? And please enlighten us on where you think Flacco will be at his 17 year mark in the league? Oh wait a minute...he'll be lucky to reach 10 as a starter....
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
    Dr. James Andrews will perform surgery in about 6 hours. Diagnosis already made that ACL graft of @RGIII's 2009 surgery is complete tear

@mortreport
    Redskins QB Robert Griffin III will undergo total reconstruction of knee for complete tear of ACL and LCL. Recovery projection: 6-8 mos.

@SportsCenter
    Redskins fans can exhale. @RGIII is expected to be ready for the 2013 season opener.

I Hope to hell not. I want him nowhere near a football field until 2014

Quote Originally Posted by (v2)ROVPitViper View Post
    So Rodgers career 16 yards per game average rushing means he's the future and way different than the QB of the past? Did you even read what I posted or did you just go into turbo dumb mode? I don't care what his averages are on any down. Look above again and see the 16 yards per game average. If he gets half those on 3rd down means that teams are sitting in deep dime packages and he has that room to run...something he doesn't do the rest of the game.

Here's another fun fact for you:

Aaron Rodgers rushing TD 2012: 2

Tom Brady rushing TD 2012: 4

But in your mind Brady doesn't use his legs at all...just a big statue out there that is a thing of the past while Rodgers is the next coming of Fran Tarketon!

You are a genius bub...
    Really? That's the stat you pull out? Good call Fish...

Rodgers has 18 career rush TD's and averages nearly 5 yds per carry in 85 games.

Brady has 14 career TD's and averages less than 2 yds per carry in 177 games.

Stop reaching and using stats to support your weak argument.

I think it's pretty clear you and oc have different definitions of pure pocket passer and running QB; me? I'd lean more toward OC's definition because it makes sense.

RGIII's arm is an elite one, he just happens to have 4.4 speed, that's why he runs for twice as many yards as Rodgers.

He's a special kind of player, so they use him in a special kind of way. He's not a 'pure pocket passer' or a 'running QB'.

+ Reply to Thread