+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 733

Thread: Official 2013 NFL Playoff Discussion Thread

  1. #121
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ocmmafan View Post
    One rookie QB took his team on the road and won a playoff game. Luck and RGIII had outstanding rookie seasons, but Wilson was better than both of them at the end of the year and really played great the second half.

    Watch out Atlanta - here come the Seahawks.
    Hard to disagree with you, but at the same time, Wilson had the luxury of playing with an elite defense. He had a top 10 defense and played on the 3rd best rushing team in the league.

    RGIII's defense was horrible against the pass all year long, one of the worst in the league (although the Redskins averaged 8 ypg more on the ground than the Hawks)

    Luck had no running game and no defense.


    If the draft was happening again today, I'd take Luck all over again, followed by Griffin, and then Wilson, but honestly you win with all three of them.

    If Griffin wasn't such an injury concern, I'd quite possibly take him over Luck.


    Edit: Not at all taking anything away from Wilson, he was RIDICULOUSLY impressive and the poise he showed was unreal. He just happened to be drafted with 2 of the best rookies in NFL history, imo.
    Last edited by mmaguru333; 01-08-2013 at 02:07 AM.

  2. #122
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ocmmafan View Post
    The fact that you listed Aaron Rogers as a pure pocket passer shows your absolute lack of knowledge. He excels at moving the pocket to escape pressure and makes plays on the move. Have you ever watched a Packers game?? You earlier describe Andrew Luck as a pure pocket passer? Comedy. Have you ever watched Andrew Luck play?
    This, plain and simple.

    ROV just likes to argue, imo.

    Saying Rodgers is a pure pocket passer is laughable, same as Luck, but Rodgers even more so.

  3. #123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ocmmafan View Post
    I realize you don't watch football nor have any basic understanding of the game, but I'll try and make this elementary for you. Name another recently drafted, successful QB with no mobility? The last one is probably Matt Ryan but he's much more mobil than Brady. Flacco is mobil (though not real successful). Dalton - mobile. Kaepernick, RGIII, Luck, Newton, Tannehill - mobile. All of them can escape pressure because they are FAR quicker than Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, etc. I never said they had to be black (what you keep jumping on) nor whatever you determine to be a running QB (again, because RGIII is black you claim he is Michael Vick).

    The days of Dan Marino are gone. Dead. Finished. Brady and Manning are two of the best ever but they are close to the end of their careers and we won't see similar players coming up. Hell, you don't see them right now playing college ball. Philip Rivers is now too slow to play successfully unless he has an awesome O-line. 10 years ago he was a desirable 1st round pick. The fact that you listed Aaron Rogers as a pure pocket passer shows your absolute lack of knowledge. He excels at moving the pocket to escape pressure and makes plays on the move. Have you ever watched a Packers game?? You earlier describe Andrew Luck as a pure pocket passer? Comedy. Have you ever watched Andrew Luck play?

    Who are the successful QBs coming up in the draft or recently drafted that fit your description and are the future. Throw your list out there. You can't because it doesn't exist, and you wouldn't know if it did.
    Your level of retard is starting to go off the meter. There is a big difference between "mobile" and "running QB". Ben is mobile, as is Rodgers - Crapernick, RGIII, and Cam are runners ... no matter how you want to define it.

    To put it in simpler terms for you since you seem to be going flatline with each post, when your QB gets near 1k yards rushing (go look at RGIII's #'s), you are a running QB. You want to know how many yards Rodgers had rushing this year? 256. That means over 16 games Rodgers averaged 16 yards rushing a game. Watch out Dickerson! Here comes that running QB named Rodgers!

    Thanks for playing there bub. Get back to me when you actually do more than form opinions without facts....
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion
    The Underdog Challenge X: Champion

  4. #124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmaguru333 View Post
    This, plain and simple.

    ROV just likes to argue, imo.

    Saying Rodgers is a pure pocket passer is laughable, same as Luck, but Rodgers even more so.
    Please tell me you aren't following the rabbit down the hole like ocmma is. Rodgers is a pure pocket passer who happens to be a bit mobile to make people miss. Missing the point here - you guys are trying to define pure pocket passer as a guy who just drops 3/5/7 and stands in one place, which is pure fallacy even with someone like Dan Marino. And saying that guys like that have no place in the game anymore means a lot of you are falling for the same trap that Shanahan did - you see an advantage with guys like RGIII...while I see someone who if they don't wise up and learn that throwing the ball away is as good as a play (that avoids a bit hit) as gaining 10+ yards rushing while getting obliterated by the defense.

    You win meaningless regular season games with the running QB. But ultimately the pocket passer wins championships. Its called history...might want to go check it sometime...
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion
    The Underdog Challenge X: Champion

  5. #125
    MMAWeekly Regular purekane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    wood grain grippin'
    Posts
    11,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Murphs56 View Post
    man, so many rumors floating around about Griffin's health. One has that he could potentially miss the entire season and wouldn't be ready to go until 2014. Damn that would just really suck...
    Suck?.. I'm curious to see what Cousins can do, if it's true.
    give me becky

  6. #126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by purekane View Post
    Suck?.. I'm curious to see what Cousins can do, if it's true.
    Cousins would do just fine because teams are going to be zero'n on Morris now - as for RGIII last few rumors I saw had partial tears to ACL and MCL. But until they get a full diagnosis done and release the findings its all speculation.
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion
    The Underdog Challenge X: Champion

  7. #127
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    6,476

    Default

    I'm happy that Denver plays the 1st game of the weekend, after they bitch slap the Ravens again I can enjoy the rest of the Divisional round.

    I'm laughing SO hard at all this talk about Ray Lewis, his career will end on Saturday in a game where he'll be one of the biggest weaknesses for his team. I also love how everybody is acting like Ray Lewis is liked more by his teammates than a guy like Champ Bailey, that is false as ****. Unlike Lewis, Champ while confident in his ability never takes credit or the limelight for himself, he isn't out there dancing or any of that look at me bull****, he shows up and does his job without the showboating Ray Lewis is famous for.

    I'll take Champ Bailey on my team over Ray Lewis every damn day of the week.
    Supporting Zuffa....the only promotion spending money to further the sport.

    Peyton Freaking Manning

    Winning!

  8. #128
    Senior Member ocmmafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    8,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by (v2)ROVPitViper View Post
    Your level of retard is starting to go off the meter. There is a big difference between "mobile" and "running QB". Ben is mobile, as is Rodgers - Crapernick, RGIII, and Cam are runners ... no matter how you want to define it.

    To put it in simpler terms for you since you seem to be going flatline with each post, when your QB gets near 1k yards rushing (go look at RGIII's #'s), you are a running QB. You want to know how many yards Rodgers had rushing this year? 256. That means over 16 games Rodgers averaged 16 yards rushing a game. Watch out Dickerson! Here comes that running QB named Rodgers!

    Thanks for playing there bub. Get back to me when you actually do more than form opinions without facts....
    Keep showing how stupid you are. I never said anything about black QBs or "running" QBs. That's all you claiming RGIII is a running QB which no one agrees with because it's wrong, and still it has nothing to do with what I said. The only person defining players as strictly a running QB is you. I don't think every QB needs to be as fast as RGIII nor run like him. I said the lead foot, non mobile QBs are NOT the future. For you to continue to claim Rogers is a pure pocket passer shows what a stubborn moron you are. The skillset needed to play QB in the NFL is evolving and mobility is a necessity - those that have the speed and agility to get first downs with their feet, ala RGIII, Wilson, Kaepernick, Luck, Rogers and others are in demand more so than a Dan Marino, Dan Fouts or Tom Brady.

    You keep saying Cam is a running QB yet he's thrown for 8000 yards hos first two years in the league. You keep saying Rogers is a pure pocket passer yet he average 8 yards per carry on 3rd downs last year when he won MVP. He scrambles and uses his feet by RUNNING to get 1st downs. Apure pocket passer averages 8 yards per carry on 3rd down? Anyone that watches the Packers sees Rogers using pump fakes and his feet to get first downs in EVERY game.

    You have no clue what you are talking about.

  9. #129
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    6,476

    Default

    So Boldin "was hoping to play the Broncos", lol dude got dominated in the 1st game, not a single catch and was so pissed his only recourse was to cheap shot Chris Harris late in the 4th quarter.

    The Ravens are soft period. If you get ahead of them they fold like a tent and then they will try and cheap shot you, because they are led by a goon. Denver is gonna put it on them on Saturday, because they are simply a better football team. The final score most likely won't represent just how badly Denver will beat them, because Denver is led by John Fox who actually has class.
    Supporting Zuffa....the only promotion spending money to further the sport.

    Peyton Freaking Manning

    Winning!

  10. #130
    Senior Member ocmmafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    8,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by srdafish View Post
    I'm happy that Denver plays the 1st game of the weekend, after they bitch slap the Ravens again I can enjoy the rest of the Divisional round.

    I'm laughing SO hard at all this talk about Ray Lewis, his career will end on Saturday in a game where he'll be one of the biggest weaknesses for his team. I also love how everybody is acting like Ray Lewis is liked more by his teammates than a guy like Champ Bailey, that is false as ****. Unlike Lewis, Champ while confident in his ability never takes credit or the limelight for himself, he isn't out there dancing or any of that look at me bull****, he shows up and does his job without the showboating Ray Lewis is famous for.

    I'll take Champ Bailey on my team over Ray Lewis every damn day of the week.
    So, you are trying to say you think Champ is a better teammate than Ray Lewis? Both are HOFers but I don't think anyone is comparing the two - who is everyone? I think this is the way you get yourself fired up to root for your own team and hope someone compares the two so you can argue about it.

    I do agree the game won't be close. Denver will move the ball at will on them.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts