+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 155 Live Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by bbstorm View Post
    JDS looked lost before that crack. Like I posted earlier his tdd was on poit but his striking was non existent.
    I'm not trying to be a dick or be condascending but a rudimentary or casual understanding of the fight game won't let somebody analyze this fight proficiently. I'm no expert but I know enough to tell you that pressure changes fighters. Why do you think people said Anderson was off against Chael? It wasn't true, it was Chael pressuring Anderson with the constant TD threat and pressure striking. Anderson didnt know what to do in the first fight and even he second fight up until the spinning backfist o' doom.

JDS was trying, he just couldn't get his rhythm, timing, or range b/c he was constantly on his heels and retreating. That is why we all laugh at GSP about his riddum but he is telling the truth. Find yours while not letting your opponent find theirs. I know I won't convince you but even JDS mentioned Cain's grappling and pace, it threw him off.

And again, not to toot my horn here but this played out exactly like I predicted (it could, I also gave JDS a good shot at winning), these superb strikers need time to set up, don't give it to them and they turn into average fighters.

I Would love to see JDS vs overeem with winner getting a shot at belt. Give Cain werdum to keep cAin busy
    Last edited by BabaluLoosegoos; 12-30-2012 at 01:06 AM.

No Lord Garth? Imagine that. Cain didn't do too bad for a guy who had "literally a 0% chance" of winning. This fight is exactly why it is dumb as hell to ever give someone no chance whatsoever in a fight. But I figured LG would be in here making excuses about something being wrong with JDS, but not showing up at all may be worse.

Now in all fairness, if I'm gonna talk **** on LG for his prediction, I have to eat a little crow myself. In the other thread I said Cain had a 30-35% chance of winning this fight. I also questioned whether or not Cain was even championship material to begin with based on who his biggest wins were over in a different thread. I thought JDS would win this for sure, and Cain really impressed me tonight. He looked great and totally dominated the champ on his way to taking back his belt. Congrats to him.

Lauzon tweeted that he got 40 stitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd1982 View Post
    I'm not trying to be a dick or be condascending but a rudimentary or casual understanding of the fight game won't let somebody analyze this fight proficiently. I'm no expert but I know enough to tell you that pressure changes fighters. Why do you think people said Anderson was off against Chael? It wasn't true, it was Chael pressuring Anderson with the constant TD threat and pressure striking. Anderson didnt know what to do in the first fight and even he second fight up until the spinning backfist o' doom.

JDS was trying, he just couldn't get his rhythm, timing, or range b/c he was constantly on his heels and retreating. That is why we all laugh at GSP about his riddum but he is telling the truth. Find yours while not letting your opponent find theirs. I know I won't convince you but even JDS mentioned Cain's grappling and pace, it threw him off.

And again, not to toot my horn here but this played out exactly like I predicted (it could, I also gave JDS a good shot at winning), these superb strikers need time to set up, don't give it to them and they turn into average fighters.
    couldn't agree with u more. i knew Cain would keep pressuring even if he couldn't get the takedowns. He did that and Jds hadn't experienced that before.

This is the one time where sticking to your game plan was almost a bad thing. Cain stuck with the takedowns but he had plenty of chances to finish.

Please Dana,

Give Overeem the title shot after he smashes Bigfoot,

So that Cain can outwork him and make steroidreem gas in 2 minutes with his relentless attack.

Holy ****. That was brutal...I don't think it was so much as JDS snot being himself, but more of him not getting the chance to ever be himself.

Holy **** just went back a few pages to the start of the fight really and the ****ing EXCUSES are insane!!! "JDS looks like crap" etc. How about that Cain is a ****ing relentless beast and just completely dominated the guy that had "100%" chance of winning, as predicted by many on here.

Then there's THIS gem...

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomet3 View Post
    And Cain couldn't finish a guy who offered up little resistance for 25 minutes.

Not impressed.
    Just wow. Not impressed???

I knew Cain had this fight. He's the best heavy weight of all time. And he will soon prove that. He's a completely different animal.

+ Reply to Thread