+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cotto vs. Marquez April 13th

Default Cotto vs. Marquez April 13th

Confirmed by Cotto via twitter.

what you guys think of this match up? also Marquez taking a name fighter who is coming from a loss and he is coming from the KO of the yr

I don't know why Marquez would take this fight. Cotto is damaged goods at this point while he's coming off the biggest win of his career. I guess the money will be right with Cotto's following and they can put it on PPV. I won't be buying it though

By the way, I don't see this listed anywhere on ESPN or Twitter or anything. Is this really confirmed?

he took down the twit, wonder why

Marquez wrote on his facebook that he has decided to retire.

"Today at 39 years of age I have decided to retire. I have done what I've had to do in boxing and proven to be the best of the best."

A lot of boxing people aren't buying it and expecting a 5th Pac fight.

that might be the reason of Cotto taking it down. I think is the best option for Marquez. Glad to see him go out like that, i said it on other thread in here that he should go for it, a 5th fight with pacman leads to a possible 6th fight if marquez wins.

why is that ******* Chael Sonnen even talking about JMM??? and has the nerve to mention JMM and roids........hello pot, meet Mr. Kettle.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...rquez/1795187/

Quote Originally Posted by suckerfree View Post
    why is that ******* Chael Sonnen even talking about JMM??? and has the nerve to mention JMM and roids........hello pot, meet Mr. Kettle.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...rquez/1795187/
    Whoa big fella, he is saying he thought he was juicing and has experience with it so maybe he has a better chance of picking someone out of a line-up? Food for thought.

There's talk of a double header with Marquez and Pacquiao co-headlining in April, here's Marquez' promoter saying
    "We are thinking about serious opponents, someone who would make for a good fight. Jessie Vargas and Vyacheslav Senchenko have been mentioned [for us and] for Pacquiao, and perhaps they will allow us choose [the opponent] first."

The winners will then fight later in the year, with the obvious plan of doing Marquez-Pacquiao 5.
    Mike Goldberg: "You know Joe, When Matt and his brother Mark Hughes were growing up, they would pound each other behind the barn."

+ Reply to Thread