+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: AR 15 owners

Quote Originally Posted by Str8loco1 View Post
    I think their feeding ramps are different as well, as far as I know.
    buffaloblue has different feeding ramps too

One for Ben and Jerry's and one for boneless buffalo wings

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Garth View Post
    Barrel length doesnt figure, but yes. And M4/16 are only semi-auto as well but they have two modes of semi auto: single fire and 3 round burst

When I was in the Army my M16 shot Full auto.. Granted that was along time ago lol 1988

On a side not. I just passed my Concealed handgun license today

Just have to get the finger prints done, 2 passport photo's and the final FBI background check done.

I was the 2nd best shooter of the 40 people

Quote Originally Posted by Daywork View Post
    On a side not. I just passed my Concealed handgun license today

Just have to get the finger prints done, 2 passport photo's and the final FBI background check done.

I was the 2nd best shooter of the 40 people
    1st place went to Estelle Getty

image.jpg

There's my bad boy.
    "I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you **** with me, I'll kill you all."
    -Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

^^ Nice .

Quote Originally Posted by PatSox View Post
    1st place went to Estelle Getty

That bitch can shoot !!

Quote Originally Posted by Daywork View Post
    ^^ Nice .
    Thanks. Only thing that sucks is its California legal so instead of having the magazine well welded shut at the bottom with an internal magazine, the magazine release doesn't push in, you have to push a pin or something small in to release the magazine. I guess the latter is better but both suck..
    "I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you **** with me, I'll kill you all."
    -Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

Quote Originally Posted by locogato11283 View Post
    Sorry, but you don't need an AR-15 decked out to fulfill a hobby. Maybe you should take up model airplane flying or something that involves less violence.

Here you are on MMAWeekly planning your deadly attack on an intruder. You're trigger happy and you know it. You can't be trusted with any gun.
    You sir, are an idiot spouting the usual smug, loony-liberal "I know what's best for everyone" nonsense.

"Deadly attack on an intruder?" More classic coddle-the-poor-misunderstood-victim-of-society ***** talk. Hilarious in its naivete' and Pollyannish simplicity. Yes, let's all wring our liberal hands at the possible
    ABUSE (loony libs love that word) of an intruder.

A question to heighten the hilarity: WHAT, Mr. Crazy (Male) Cat, would you propose we do with intruders? Serve 'em a meal and throw 'em a couple bucks?

Y'see, that might not be what the poor "intruder" has in mind....

EDIT: The censored word above was a vulgar reference to a vagina, used to modify the word "talk". Just to be clear.
    Last edited by cybergod; 12-23-2012 at 07:40 AM.

"It ain't easy bein' a black man in America. Pimpin' be hard work."
    -- A few of the black guys who used to be on this forum.

The differences between the military M16 &M4 and their civilian counterpart, the AR15 are as follows.

1. The M16 is a select fire direct gas impingement rifle with a 20 in barrel. it can be had in flattop configuration, M16-A3, or with a fixed carry handle,M16-A2. There are actually 2 other A model designations but I won't go into that as it will get real confusing. it can fired in semi-automatic, three-round burst, and in some cases full auto. it can be outiftted with quad-rail handguards just as other from this family of rifles.

2. The M4 is the carbine configuration of the M16, and comes standard with a 14.5 in barrel. It too is direct gas impingement and can fired three different modes depending on configuration, semi, full-auto, and three round burst. Everything else is identical between the 2 other than the rear sight aperture adjustment which differs by 200 meters of elevation adjustment. But both are capable of delivering precision shots out to 600 meters plus with the right shooter behind the trigger.

3. The AR15 is the civilian version of this rifle. It only has 1 mode of fire, semi-auto. It can be had in many different barrell lengths, with the most popular being the 16 in barrel. It can be had in 16, 18, 20, and even in 14.5 (only in certain instances such as pinned and welded muzzle advice such as a flash suppressor or muzzle brake.) Anything shorter than those listed can be legally obtained, with a NFA federal tax stamp, but the wait is upwards of 6 months and the background check for the stamp is such that they know your prostate condition by the time you receive your stamp. I actually have a 10.5 barrel Noveske carbine, as well as some Colt shortys. The sights, range capability, feedramps, operating parameters, are identical between the military version and the civvy version.
    Last edited by JROD; 12-23-2012 at 11:23 AM.
    ut ceteri vivant

+ Reply to Thread