+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: In the spirit of giving...what's the biggest scam (charity)

Forgetting for a moment that the US's taxes are basically a charity now...

The biggest scam out there from the big-named charities would probably be IMO The Red Cross. They ****ed over New Orleans during Katrina, they literally said no to giving Sandy victims what they actually needed, and they have a history of not giving incident-specific donations to that recovery.

rap albums.
    http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii52/BOBOPLATA/moi_zps0d8ce89f.jpgEverybody know my gamey. Everytimey. I go for knockouty or submission.

Thank you for my fuzz.

People still pay for albums?

Greenpeace is the biggest non-profit/charity scam imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ~ViSioN~ View Post
    peta

giant scam

F them & greenpeace.
    http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii52/BOBOPLATA/moi_zps0d8ce89f.jpgEverybody know my gamey. Everytimey. I go for knockouty or submission.

Thank you for my fuzz.

Quote Originally Posted by CatSmasher View Post
    so... it sort of ****s on your philanthropic theories of private enterprise doesn't it?
    Yep. 100% shjt on because we found a handful of examples of high-profile, international, mega-charities that sit on most of their donations.

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomet3 View Post
    Yep. 100% shjt on because we found a handful of examples of high-profile, international, mega-charities that sit on most of their donations.
    So your conclusive research presented earlier is suddenly a handful of examples? Interesting way to present your information.

To be fair, I said "sort of ****s on"

In between Aunt Jemima and Mrs. Buttersworth

Whoever the b1tch is ringing the bell outside the grocery store. Every cent could go to a charity, and I still wouldn't donate because the woman is so over-the-top. She says Merry Christmas to you, and if you just reply back "hi how are you doing this evening," she'll respond "MERRRY CHRISTMAS" in a ticked off voice. She'll just stare you down, making you completely uncomfortable. All the while knowing I'm in Publix every day, and see her every day, and I've already donated like 5 times.

Not cool, I'd like to punch her. She even stared down two birka wearing women for not replying Merry Christmas back to her. They said hello happy holidays, but nope, that wasn't enough.

And don't get me started on the bell. I get it. You're helping people. You're also helping ear doctors everywhere gain customers. Enough with the bell already.
    "We have no martyrs and we have no saints."
    -Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by The Forum
    Well Done Jackel

Quote Originally Posted by CatSmasher View Post
    So your conclusive research presented earlier is suddenly a handful of examples? Interesting way to present your information.

To be fair, I said "sort of ****s on"
    To be equally fair, I said "many of the bigger name charities" are inefficient and mostly eat your money. Others are much better; some are excellent; and charity does not require name recognition, certainly not on a local, personal, intimate level which is what I would encourage.

**** the United Way for a few reasons:

1. They aren't a charity. They are an administrative organization which collects donations for, and disperses money to charities. In doing so they inherently create an extra (and significant) level of overhead. I'll donate my time and money directly to organizations that have a humanitarian purpose.

2. These bastards come into people's workplaces, and get company management to do a high pressure sales pitch to get ongoing donations. While it's almost never the case that your boss will overtly say "We expect you to donate and will hold it against you if you don't" it's the subtext of the whole thing. I find it underhanded and immoral.

3. Their executive compensation is outrageous.
    A Black Belt is just a White Belt who didn't quit.

+ Reply to Thread