+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hot Stove..

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Crown View Post
    lol that's funny because I could have sworn I opened the thread about the US incarceration rate and started reading and it was that one. Then I read your post about 7 game series' and I was really confused lol
    Well, in hindsight I guess it could have been a pretty good prank but I just ****ed up.

Holy bad deal Batman!

We have the new leader for bad deals so far. The Red Sox just took the Russel Martin Pirates deal and made it way worse.

Shae Victorino at 3/39 Mill, wow! Just plain bad

Quote Originally Posted by Bak3d View Post
    Holy bad deal Batman!

We have the new leader for bad deals so far. The Red Sox just took the Russel Martin Pirates deal and made it way worse.

Shae Victorino at 3/39 Mill, wow! Just plain bad
    You really think the Russel Martin/Pirates deal was that bad? I think it was a fairly good signing. Not great or anything, but decent. Catcher was a MAJOR hole in our lineup and defense last year. Barajas couldn't hit a beach ball and teams stole 2nd base on us basically every time it was open and they had a guy on 1st. I mean, do I think they over paid? Yeah, a little. But do you realize how hard it is to get any type of name to sign with this organization?

You really think the Russel Martin/Pirates deal was that bad? I think it was a fairly good signing. Not great or anything, but decent. Catcher was a MAJOR hole in our lineup and defense last year. Barajas couldn't hit a beach ball and teams stole 2nd base on us basically every time it was open and they had a guy on 1st. I mean, do I think they over paid? Yeah, a little. But do you realize how hard it is to get any type of name to sign with this organization?
    Oh I know and I feel for you. I just think they overpaid for him is all. It wasn't that bad of a deal just too much cash. I hope he can at least hit .250-.270 for you guys. The only reason was the money man, Martin hasn't sniffed .230 in ages, honestly I don't know what happened to him.

Oh I know and I feel for you. I just think they overpaid for him is all. It wasn't that bad of a deal just too much cash. I hope he can at least hit .250-.270 for you guys. The only reason was the money man, Martin hasn't sniffed .230 in ages, honestly I don't know what happened to him.
    Yeah I hear you. I think everyone here would be way more than happy if he hits .250, which is a shame, but it's the truth.

Well we wanted to re-sign Affeldt, Pagan, and Scutaro.

Check, Check, Check! Perfect money deal on Scutaro.

Poised to repeat.

Have the Nationals said what they plan on doing with Strasburg this upcoming season? Is he going to be on a set number of innings for the year again? If so, is it going to be more than this past season? Or are they just gonna let him pitch all year, regardless of how many innings he racks up?
    Idk, what I do know though is that my interest for the playoffs last year was at an all-time low because of it.

That kind of shit with stashing Strasburg away is what kills having interest in the sport and why low ratings are going to happen.

It was hard to give whoever won their due. Giants have won two in three years, so I give them a little more props then if somebody else got it. So congrats to the Giants, but...
    Quote Originally Posted by IMSAYIN
    Can you read? Are you stupid? No.. youre just a big mouth chicken crap piece of crap
    ill take my vid cam to Orlando.. kick his ass. Then post it on my YouTube channel
    I will kick your door down.. kick your ass.. and then let your skank serve me eggs Benedict...in your facking bed
    You suck cock and you.know it. We all know it. The whole board has seen it goofs

^^^ Real Talk From A Real G

Well we wanted to re-sign Affeldt, Pagan, and Scutaro.

Check, Check, Check! Perfect money deal on Scutaro.

Poised to repeat.
    Scutaro is the most underrated guy in the league.

Youkilis to the Skanks??

And not too sure wether to smile at my M's signing Jason bay or to look at his numbers the last few injury riddled seasons and say, wtf? If he can put up 25/80+ numbers, I'll be happy.

Also, I struck him out twice in a Provincial championship game. True story!

Pretty major trade sending Shields to KC and KC giving up super prospect Wil Myers and former stud prospect Mike Montgomery. Jake Odorizzi has also been mentioned as a top 50 prospect so that's 3 A-B level minor players for a stud pitcher. Seems like a solid trade for KC as they have a lot of young, offensive talent but have been lacking an ace to lead the rotation. Tampa can afford to give up an arm to get a bat.

Rays acquired OF Wil Myers, RHP Jake Odorizzi, LHP Mike Montgomery and 3B Patrick Leonard from the Royals for RHPs James Shields and Wade Davis and a player to be named later.

Myers, 21, batted .314/.387/.600 with 37 homers and 109 RBI over 134 games in the Royals' minor league system last season and is the arguably the best hitting prospect baseball. Baseball America's minor league player of the year, Myers projects to open the 2013 season with the Rays in a starting role and has the potential to add some much needed power to their lineup. It hurts to give up Shields and Davis, but Myers is quite a get.

+ Reply to Thread