+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Boxing "The Fights" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by machete View Post
    i was also wondering what would be next for Marquez. Mayweather is clearly out of the picture, that first fight was total domination, but floyd might even set it up for the money. Now a 5th fight with pacman i feel torn about it. Do machida deserves a 3rd fight? he might, but we all know that shogun won that first fight also, at least the majority. Same thing happened with pacman in the last 2 fights. he got away with two ****ty decisions and finally marquez sealed the deal with a vicious KO. If they actually do a 5th and marquez wins, then what? they will be 2-2-1. does that means a 6th fight? I rather see Marquez hangs his gloves RIGHT NOW. retire in top of the world.
    I don't think Marquez wants to retire after a win like that. These fighters never do. The only one that was smart and realized he probably was going to start getting his ass kicked was Lewis. The rest, they all go out like a punching bag

that is the problem with fighters, must of them retire when they know they can't compete anymore at the same level. I do understand Marquez can milk a couple of millions with a win like that in his next fight, and he clearly can still fight at least 2 more fights. but who is out there? He can milk millions with a rematch with Pacquiao, but high risk to lose. Floyd is a guaranteed UD lost. The rest are not going to give him the quantity that he can milk out of this win. dude is 40 with over 60 fights. I say he should really consider leaving with a devastating KO win over his "nemesis". Recent example was Cotto. He fought really good against Margarito and beat him in a very satisfying fashion. what happens next? he decides to fight Floyd, no shame there to challenge the best. Now he lost to him, then fight so new up and comer champ and lost very bad and looking awful at it. now he is saying he wants to retire after losing two times in a row. He did retire at least 20millions richer in those 2 fights, but he was considering retirement after the death of his dad, what kept him to not retire was that margarito lost, he avenged it, that would be perfect picture retirement.

I think a really good question to ask is where Marquez ranks as far as the greatest Mexican fighters of all time. I think this performance actually puts him past Morales and Barrera...Not sure about Oscar. Def not Lopez or Chavez

Quote Originally Posted by Murphs56 View Post
    I think a really good question to ask is where Marquez ranks as far as the greatest Mexican fighters of all time. I think this performance actually puts him past Morales and Barrera...Not sure about Oscar. Def not Lopez or Chavez
    his stock is way higher than barrera & morales imo. & i'm a big morales fan.
    http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii52/BOBOPLATA/moi_zps0d8ce89f.jpgEverybody know my gamey. Everytimey. I go for knockouty or submission.

Thank you for my fuzz.

Quote Originally Posted by boboplata2.0 View Post
    his stock is way higher than barrera & morales imo. & i'm a big morales fan.
    Yeah, i'm a big Morales fan too. Morales did beat Pacquiao/Barrera but they weren't dominant wins and he got beat in the rematches. I had him ranked ahead of Marquez before last night though. I don't think that's possible anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Murphs56 View Post
    I think Marquez, Morales and Barrera are much greater than Lopez. He's the greatest strawweight ever but his competition in comparison to MAB, Morales or Marquez isn't even close. Nothing he could do about it though. Slim pickings. Hell, he fought like a 3-0 Muay Thai fighter for a world title his competition was so thin.

Garcia vs Salido is tomorrow. Really excited about that matchup. Also Golovkin is fighting

Without spoilers would anyone mind PMing me a good spot for these from last night? I wasn't awake to stream and I don't have a go to boxing site.

Golovkin is the man. I want to see him matched up with Sergio ASAP

Big Fight this weekend. Cloud vs Hopkins. I don't know how much B-Hop has left in the tank at age 48, but it's one more chance to win another major world title and eclipse his own record as oldest champion in boxing history

+ Reply to Thread