+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Buddy Roberts of THE FREEBIRDS has passed away.

Default Buddy Roberts of THE FREEBIRDS has passed away.

Very bummed to hear that Buddy Roberts passed away. Buddy came to fame when he joined Terry Gordy and Michael Hayes as part of The Freebirds. I remember watching, on UHF TV, them battle with the Von Erichs in Dallas.
    Last edited by lynchman; 12-02-2012 at 09:43 AM.

The Freebirds were awesome. Rip Buddy and Terry.

I knew them from Crockett NWA that then became WCW growing up. Never saw the Dallas stuff till later. Which is awesome.

RIP Ronnie. \m/

one of the classic tag teams, i used to watch the freebirds feud with the von erichs from the Dallas Sportatorium in world class.

i would guess he was in his 60s and died pnemonia related to lung cancer, most likely from smoking.

so from the 6 von erich brothers and 3 freebirds, there are only 2 people left now, michael hayes and kevin von erich

Damn, RIP Buddy. Definitely one of the classic tag teams.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonkl View Post
    one of the classic tag teams, i used to watch the freebirds feud with the von erichs from the Dallas Sportatorium in world class.

i would guess he was in his 60s and died pnemonia related to lung cancer, most likely from smoking.

so from the 6 von erich brothers and 3 freebirds, there are only 2 people left now, michael hayes and kevin von erich

Buddy beat throat cancer a few years back but was using a voice box in later years. He admitted he had throat cancer from heavy smoking over the years.

And yeah its sad between that whole dallas territory how many guys died so young.

RIP Ronnie. \m/

+ Reply to Thread