+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 'Macho' Camacho Boxing Legend SHOT in Puerto Rico

Texas ... what ?? you got a problem with that ?

Default 'Macho' Camacho Boxing Legend SHOT in Puerto Rico

Hector "Macho" Camacho is in critical condition after being SHOT multiple times in Puerto Rico tonight ... this according to multiple reports.

The former boxing champ was reportedly in the passenger seat of a car around 7 PM local time ... when another vehicle rolled up and someone opened fire ... striking Camacho several times in the neck and face.

The driver of Camacho's car was reportedly killed in the attack.

According to reports, Camacho was taken to a hospital and is currently listed in critical condition.

Cops are investigating -- so far, it's unclear if police have identified any suspects.

Story developing ...
    The McRib Has Come Back Like 20 Times Now,
    Ball's In Your Court Jesus.

- Patton Oswalt

I just read he might be taken off of life support today....sucks.

STILL...100% Pure Hellbilly.
    American outlaw, since birth, till death.
    Abortion Inc.

Thats pretty rough.

Enjoyed some of his fights back in the day. RIP

He ain't dead yet, but probably will be soon.

It has been reported that it was drug related.
    And this latest update doesn't make a good case against that.

At least 10 baggies of cocaine were found at the scene where Hector "Macho" Camacho was shot last night ... this according to officials in Puerto Rico.

Cops say ... Camacho's friend, who was driving the car, was in possession of 9 baggies of coke ... and a 10th baggie was found inside the vehicle.
    Cops say the 10th baggie was open when they found it.

As we previously reported, Camacho and his friend Adrian Mojica Moreno were hit in a drive-by shooting while sitting inside of a parked car.

Moreno died at the scene ... and Camacho -- who was hit multiple times in the face and neck -- was rushed to a nearby hospital where he went into cardiac arrest.

Camacho's rep tells TMZ, the boxer is brain-dead ... and doctors have said he will need a miracle to survive.

- Patton Oswalt

Some pictures.

- Patton Oswalt

He has certainly battled his demons inside and out of the ring so the drug angle isn't surprising. Sad, yes but sounds about right. Regardless, I always enjoyed watching him fight and this is a horrible deal. I can still hear him saying "what time is it? MACHO TIME!" loved that ****

Latest Update
    Boxing legend Hector "Macho" Camacho will be taken off life support today, the boxing legend's rep tells TMZ.
    According to the rep, Camacho's family made the decision to remove him from life support after doctors declared he was brain dead.

The rep says the family is currently making funeral arrangements -- and are deciding between holding the services in either Puerto Rico or New York.

As we reported, Camacho was shot multiple times in a drive-by shooting on Tuesday in Puerto Rico. He was rushed to a nearby hospital where he went into cardiac arrest.

The former boxing champ was reportedly in the passenger seat of a car ... when another vehicle rolled up and someone opened fire ... striking Camacho several times in the neck and face.
    The driver of Camacho's car was killed in the attack. Cops say they recovered 10 baggies of cocaine from the car, 9 of which were on the driver's person.

- Patton Oswalt

I just saw on ESPN that his family has decided to wait 2 more days to take him off life support. Although doctors declared him clinically brain dead today. I suppose they are waiting in hopes of a miracle turn for the better or something. I guess I can't blame them, personally I, for sure, would never want to be kept alive by machines, but if it was a loved one I might want to give everything possible before pulling the plug.
    Last edited by Straight_Crown; 11-23-2012 at 12:40 AM.

MMAWeekly Elite mattydeathmetal's Avatar

so he was blowing lines in the parking lot of a spot called "Gotcha" when he was shot?

somehow i failed to not chuckle at that.

MMAF Revival 4-2
    EFCF 2-1

couple of things. Rest in peace one of Puerto Rico's Top 10 Champs. No matter his ethics in the ring and outside, the guy still fought tough competition and never got knocked out. I believe he started something close to 40-0 until he lost for the first time.He was a lovable guy in Puerto Rico, obviously not at the caliber of Tito (no one will ever be). I read that the reason he is still on life support is to maintain his organ fresh to donate all of them, there is no such thing as miracle from brain dead. is technically dead, only that your organs can still work with machines, unlike other organs failures. Also his family is trying to raise money because for some stupid reason they want to have 3 funerals. I believe one in FL, one in NY then one in PR then bury him there. Which i think is way too stupid, dude was born in the island, and also died there. I still dont get it. Now, something that u guys may not know, this is not the first time that macho was shot in a car. first time was around 3 yrs if my memory is right,but he got lucky, both times were trying to kill the guy next to him. Also, the police got the guy who shot him, but he got away... how efficient is the force in the island. smh
    Last edited by machete; 11-23-2012 at 03:58 AM.

+ Reply to Thread