+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Revisiting BJJ

might be a silly question considering you know your injury pretty well (c5/c6, c6/c7 - is this your back or neck?) but have you tried the chiropractor? i throw my neck out a couple times a year training, chiropractors have dem magic fingers.. esp. if it's just like you can't move your neck in a certain direction, something is probably just out of alignment or whatever, only takes a day to get back to training

good **** though, I'd really like to join a jiu jitsu class but my options are pretty limited around here, we have **** tons of boxing clubs but hardly any places to roll

Quote Originally Posted by warriorsoul View Post
    might be a silly question considering you know your injury pretty well (c5/c6, c6/c7 - is this your back or neck?) but have you tried the chiropractor? i throw my neck out a couple times a year training, chiropractors have dem magic fingers.. esp. if it's just like you can't move your neck in a certain direction, something is probably just out of alignment or whatever, only takes a day to get back to training

good **** though, I'd really like to join a jiu jitsu class but my options are pretty limited around here, we have **** tons of boxing clubs but hardly any places to roll
    Yeah, the last part of my neck going into my thoracic spine. I wanted to go to a chiropractor too but my doctor said they have their place but don't let them touch a herniated disk, too much of a chance of them impinging a nerve and leaving an arm possibly partially paralyzed. All of my pain now is due to poor posture and an overstressed neck, I would say 98% muscular at this point.

If you aren't, take boxing, I actually like boxing more than I do BJJ now. Used to be reversed but now I feel boxing would better prepare me for a possible worst case scenario encounter... I'm sticking with BJJ til I get my purple, just so I know I progressed, after that, I'm retiring from BJJ.

I found a good chiro when I started bjj, and see him at least once a week. That being said, it won't save you from dumb ass training partners.....
    everyone had one thing before they lost......a chance

I cant believe you were boxing with that injury, damn. Ive rolled a few times since, but i have mostly stopped grappling since mid-summer bc of all these small, but accumulating injuries.
    will aRmbAr 4 cHeEseSteAk

+ Reply to Thread