+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: If someone pulls out of a scheduled fight due to injury, should the NSAC test them?

Default If someone pulls out of a scheduled fight due to injury, should the NSAC test them?

I think they should. I have a feeling some guys pull the panic button when they cant cycle off the sauce right before a fight and get injured. I mean you shouldnt penalize these guys in case they really are hurt, but there has to be some sort of accountability here to weed out the cheaters. The amount of injuries leading up to a fight would definitely go down. And that would be a good thing. Clean up the sport and reduce ****ed up cards.
    Fighter bashing vs not fighter bashing is like the difference between farting and dropping a silencer in a crowded elevator...

Huh??...they all need tested...the will all fail though.

STILL...100% Pure Hellbilly.

Abortion Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by TNCclubman View Post
    I think they should. I have a feeling some guys pull the panic button when they cant cycle off the sauce right before a fight and get injured. I mean you shouldnt penalize these guys in case they really are hurt, but there has to be some sort of accountability here to weed out the cheaters. The amount of injuries leading up to a fight would definitely go down. And that would be a good thing. Clean up the sport and reduce ****ed up cards.
    The NSAC does some random testing during the lead up to bouts now don't they? Wasn't Overeem suspected of deliberately avoiding pre-bout drug screens?

Except I thought that the UFC requires them to prove their injury and get checked by one of their approved doctors. So whether they'd piss hot or not doesn't matter if they are injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackel585 View Post
    Except I thought that the UFC requires them to prove their injury and get checked by one of their approved doctors. So whether they'd piss hot or not doesn't matter if they are injured.
    This. I have heard Dana say on more than one occasion something like "The UFC doc confirmed the injury".

Quote Originally Posted by Premier View Post
    This. I have heard Dana say on more than one occasion something like "The UFC doc confirmed the injury".
    I wouldn't mind forcing testing on organizations that don't verify injuries though. Start weeding out the idiots sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackel585 View Post
    I wouldn't mind forcing testing on organizations that don't verify injuries though. Start weeding out the idiots sooner rather than later.
    Why are they idiots??? This sport is rampant with drugs users.....

STILL...100% Pure Hellbilly.

Abortion Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by CaveBear View Post
    Why are they idiots??? This sport is rampant with drugs users.....
    Because if they are stupid enough to get caught, lets get those guys out so we don't get a whole bunch of N/C fights later on when they really matter

Quote Originally Posted by TNCclubman View Post
    The only problem with that is that the NSAC randomly tests fighters. If you are taking, you can't really plan a cycle since you can get tested at any time.

Case in point: Roy and Shane were both tested a week ago.

Plus it would be way too expensive.
    9 Time SBFL Champion
    2 Time MMAF Champion
    6 Time UFF Champion
    2011 UFF FOTY
    2011 Fantasy Fighting HOF Inductee
    @parsons99

+ Reply to Thread