+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul: 'Our Constitution Has Failed'

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Just to let you know:

"Religion is the Opium of the Masses" was not a call to use religion to control people. It was the foundation of the USSR's ideological goal of universal Athiesm. That the Bourgeois used religion to control the working class.

They severely limited the number of churches that could exist, (largely giving in to the reality that people will not give up religion for government, they never followed through with closing all churches. They did however have control over any anti-government propoganda the churches may have wanted to utter.

In other words, you are wrong.
    +1

I was about to type the same thing after reading his comment. Thanks for saving me the time and effort lol

I don't think its fair to lump the current crop of secular youth with the Stalinist exercises of political control.

Quote Originally Posted by CatSmasher View Post
    I don't think its fair to lump the current crop of secular youth with the Stalinist exercises of political control.
    Shut up commie.

Quote Originally Posted by CatSmasher View Post
    Nor do I.

Teen angst and a gradual social progression away from primitive superstition are two distinct phenomenon. The former is merely a biological annoyance; the latter an important cultural development that does NOT undermine morality, necessairily, and may even refine it.

Quote Originally Posted by zakath View Post
    Shut up commie.
    Good One!!

i feel sorry for my yet to be had grand kids and hope they don't have to fight in another civil war to get this mess worked out...
    "Be Polite. Be Professional. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet. It's not being paranoid, it's being prepared." - General James N. Mattis United States Marine Corps

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Just to let you know:

"Religion is the Opium of the Masses" was not a call to use religion to control people. It was the foundation of the USSR's ideological goal of universal Athiesm. That the Bourgeois used religion to control the working class.

They severely limited the number of churches that could exist, (largely giving in to the reality that people will not give up religion for government, they never followed through with closing all churches. They did however have control over any anti-government propoganda the churches may have wanted to utter.

In other words, you are wrong.
    And just to let you know I understand the historical context of the statement. I'm saying that if the Commies were really interested in destroying another country by insidious methods religion would be one of the best ways to go about it. I used the "opiate of the masses" statement to illustrate it because while Stalin era was a call in the opposite direction Garth's thesis it would make perfect sense.

I'll make sure to explain everything in great detail from now on in so the internet education police don't pounce on me again.

/exaggerated eye roll here
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion

Quote Originally Posted by (v2)ROVPitViper View Post
    And just to let you know I understand the historical context of the statement. I'm saying that if the Commies were really interested in destroying another country by insidious methods religion would be one of the best ways to go about it. I used the "opiate of the masses" statement to illustrate it because while Stalin era was a call in the opposite direction Garth's thesis it would make perfect sense.

I'll make sure to explain everything in great detail from now on in so the internet education police don't pounce on me again.

/exaggerated eye roll here
    eastern orthdoxy, russia's de facto religion, is still christian. no way they could brainwash the masses with messages of forgiveness. & neither would the politburo share power & authority with the head of the church & its thousands of priests. no amount of theosophical/political manipulation could they convince people to start a "holy war" against an already christian majority world.
    http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii52/BOBOPLATA/moi_zps0d8ce89f.jpgEverybody know my gamey. Everytimey. I go for knockouty or submission.

Thank you for my fuzz.

Quote Originally Posted by boboplata2.0 View Post
    eastern orthdoxy, russia's de facto religion, is still christian. no way they could brainwash the masses with messages of forgiveness. & neither would the politburo share power & authority with the head of the church & its thousands of priests. no amount of theosophical/political manipulation could they convince people to start a "holy war" against an already christian majority world.
    Who said anything about a holy war? All you have to do is spin two or three verses from the bible while twisting it so it looks like something out of what you want people to do and you'll have all their heads nodding in no time. If I wanted to take over the world...religion would be the fastest way to do it. And you wouldn't have to fire one bullet in the process. In the meantime once you have all the heads nodding in unison you get the really die hard fanatics sent off on suicide missions real quiet like to those who oppose you.... sound familiar? And before you can drop the word Islam or Muslim just remember...the most evil religious power in the world resides at the Vatican....
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion

Quote Originally Posted by (v2)ROVPitViper View Post
    Who said anything about a holy war? All you have to do is spin two or three verses from the bible while twisting it so it looks like something out of what you want people to do and you'll have all their heads nodding in no time. If I wanted to take over the world...religion would be the fastest way to do it. And you wouldn't have to fire one bullet in the process. In the meantime once you have all the heads nodding in unison you get the really die hard fanatics sent off on suicide missions real quiet like to those who oppose you.... sound familiar? And before you can drop the word Islam or Muslim just remember...the most evil religious power in the world resides at the Vatican....
    And before you can drop the word Islam or Muslim just remember...the most evil religious power in the world resides at the Vatican....

does the shah of iran know your ip address? afraid of getting a fatwah? you just literally described muslim extermism then pointed at the vatican.
    http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii52/BOBOPLATA/moi_zps0d8ce89f.jpgEverybody know my gamey. Everytimey. I go for knockouty or submission.

Thank you for my fuzz.

+ Reply to Thread