+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Overeem vs. Bigfoot Silva

I think Big Foot is a game opponent for most people but I don't see him getting the 'Reem to the floor which is his only shot at winning this.

He might have to stand and trade with Alistair and that isn't going to end up pretty..

Have Bigfoot face Roy and make Hunt/Overeem.

Quote Originally Posted by lynchman View Post
    Have Bigfoot face Roy and make Hunt/Overeem.
    i like big foot against roy but hunt/overeem makes no sense overeem already subbed him in less that a round and he'd destroy him again ... rather see him fight kongo, barnett or cormier but i want cormier to just move down.... BUT with jones tuf'ing chael maybe he'll see if he can make a run @hw first and overeem is the man to beat to be next in line

It's perfect marketing and that's all it is Bigfoot "looks" scary and tough and most casual fans don't even remember the Cain fight. So, when Overeem absolutely destroys him, all the dumb ass fans will be screaming how this muscle bound monster needs the title shot. Poor Bigfoot being used for a countdown show highlight reel. It is what it is. I like Bigfoot and have rooted for him in the past but he's getting pimped in this one. While I feel bad for him, I get it and I also want to see the REEM vs the JDS/ Cain winner. It's just the fight we HAVE to see for the love of god!!!

i would rather Roy Nelson

Silva is too slow for Overeem. I will however bet against Overeem actually making it to the fight without getting popped for ...uh.... horsemeat...if you know what I mean...
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion

dammit. i'm rooting for bigfoot.
    http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii52/BOBOPLATA/moi_zps0d8ce89f.jpgEverybody know my gamey. Everytimey. I go for knockouty or submission.

Thank you for my fuzz.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorsoul View Post
    Antonio Silva beating Fedor has 0 relevance here, Fedor is the size of your average MW in the UFC, plus Silva has been TKO'd multiple times since then.. this is a feeder fight to get Overeem a chance to win spectacularly and hopefully pass his test. test(s) Also, Overeem has always been a beast physically, and he's always shown tremendous heart and toughness imo what he has lacked is the ability to take/absorb a punch on the button, even after adding size in K1 we've seen him have some trouble but his technique has improved dramatically and I don't attribute that to steroids. . . he will land and he will land flush on Silva's ginormous chin, lights out

and I think it's a little silly to assume that Overeem will be training/fighting with anything less than the maximum testosterone ratio allowed, don't expect it to look like Mark Kerr's comeback fight lol
    when has overeem ever shown a slight amount of heart, let alone "tremendous heart and toughness"? I can't think of a single fight he ever had in which he got hurt, took it and came back to get the in. Pretty much everytime that his opponent didn't crumble and fought back to hurt him, Overeem was stopped pretty quickly. and most times opponents got on top of him and began pounding, he got stopped. The biggest thing that he lacks is heart and toughness.
    its been a solid 5 years since he was last hurt in an MMA fight back against Sergei where he literally turned his back and ran. that was about 35 pounds ago though, and before he became this giant monster. I would think his extra size and power may help him take a shot better than before, and may also give him more confidence to be tougher than his early days, but this guy will never be confused with fighters like Diego Sanchez, Nick Diaz, Frankie Edgar, and Martin Kampman who do have ridiculous heart and toughness. I still expect Overeem to crumble when pushed hard, but doubt that Bigfoot will be the guy to make that push.

back to the roids, I do think its a legit argument, and wouldn't be very suprised to see a smaller Overeem. he will be getting random tests, and has been getting tested randomly for a while now. he will have to be much more careful. to claim that his roid usage didn't have a huge impact on his career is just stupid. his technique has improved in some ways, but he is also much slower than he used to be. the big difference is that he has become Ivan Drago like, whatever he hits, he destroys. technique is a part of that, but 50 pounds of rock solid muscle is the bigger reason. he threw some of the best knees in MMA back when he was a 205 pounder and landed many of them. back then, the knees hurt his opponent, now they destroy the opponents.

wow...big hoof is gonna get ****ing wrecked.
    “And now...farewell to kindness, humanity and gratitude. I have substituted myself for Providence in rewarding the good; may the God of vengeance now yield me His place to punish the wicked.”

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Abortion View Post
    This off steroids thing is absolutely retarded. Number one, he won't miss his cycle and will probably still be juiced to the max. Number 2, like Floyd, they aren't some miracle that magically makes you the best striker in MMA. That's technique, that's skill, that's the goddamn thunderhorse... UBERREEM!!!!!!!!!!!
    This guy isn't on steroids at all, how dare you people...
    i understand that you like overeem a lot,

but he's definitely not the best striker in mma, and he's not even the best striker at lhw or hw.
    "doesn't nothing ever last forever?"

+ Reply to Thread