+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Overeem vs. Bigfoot Silva

MMAWeekly Regular xxxVALETUDOxxx's Avatar

If this fight was to happen at any other time I'd go with Overeem all day everyday. But when the bouts outcome has ALOT to do with the future of the UFC's HW division (JDS vs Overeem is going to do HUGE numbers if promoted correctly, as would Cain vs Overeem), I never count out the underdog. UFC has bad, BAD luck when it comes to situations like this one.

But otherwise, Overeem should be able to clinch this guy against the cage and just wreck him.
    Proudly supporting: Equality, Work placement for all monetary handouts ,Nick Diaz, Anderson Silva, Welfare Drugtesting, Junior Dos Santos, Alessio Sakara, Blatant Video taping of all police arrests by the public to be put on youtube for all to see, Deep sea spear fishing, Edson Barboza, Bill Murray, Glover Texeria, Non-GMO, 100% organic produce , Chemtrail research and investigation, Boycotting Monsanto, Photography and Art programs in our school systems, Squirters

I cannot stand Bigfoot and think he sucks. I can't recall ever having a nice thing to say about him as a fighter and believe he is incredibly overrated and a bum. However, I would probably take my chances on him if he is a big dog. Reem's first fight back and off the juice could see him revert to the man with no cardio and someone who can be easily beat in round 2.

If they put Bigfoot at 3-1 or higher I will bet on him.
    Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away. ~Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by ocmmafan View Post
    I cannot stand Bigfoot and think he sucks. I can't recall ever having a nice thing to say about him as a fighter and believe he is incredibly overrated and a bum. However, I would probably take my chances on him if he is a big dog. Reem's first fight back and off the juice could see him revert to the man with no cardio and someone who can be easily beat in round 2.

I bet on Bigfoot when he fought Fedor

I think bigfoot will be to slow for Overeem. I don't think he'll get it to the ground and Overeem will pick him apart standing

the juice factor could be interesting. overeem will have to be clean for a while since he will most likely be taking random tests. if he fails another test, it would probably be like a 2 year suspension which would almost destroy his career. will overeem be a scary 260, or somehow drop down to 240 because he wants to increase his speed (or whatever he might claim)

Quote Originally Posted by ocmmafan View Post

I am trying really hard not to be a turd with my response but please educate yourself about steroid use if you are going to use it as a basis for your argument. Steroids are not a miracle drug that will make Overeem turn into living beef jerky once he stops. On top of that, if he was juicing, he will continue to do so but will be smarter about how he cycles. Thirdly, carrying all that weight while on the sauce killed his cardio too, which is why he gassed within two rounds of fighting Werdum. I see your point but I think too many people are grossly misinformed about steroid use.

Antonio Silva beating Fedor has 0 relevance here, Fedor is the size of your average MW in the UFC, plus Silva has been TKO'd multiple times since then.. this is a feeder fight to get Overeem a chance to win spectacularly and hopefully pass his test. test(s) Also, Overeem has always been a beast physically, and he's always shown tremendous heart and toughness imo what he has lacked is the ability to take/absorb a punch on the button, even after adding size in K1 we've seen him have some trouble but his technique has improved dramatically and I don't attribute that to steroids. . . he will land and he will land flush on Silva's ginormous chin, lights out

and I think it's a little silly to assume that Overeem will be training/fighting with anything less than the maximum testosterone ratio allowed, don't expect it to look like Mark Kerr's comeback fight lol

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd1982 View Post
    I am trying really hard not to be a turd with my response but please educate yourself about steroid use if you are going to use it as a basis for your argument. Steroids are not a miracle drug that will make Overeem turn into living beef jerky once he stops. On top of that, if he was juicing, he will continue to do so but will be smarter about how he cycles. Thirdly, carrying all that weight while on the sauce killed his cardio too, which is why he gassed within two rounds of fighting Werdum. I see your point but I think too many people are grossly misinformed about steroid use.
    How am using it as a basis and why do I need to educate myself? He's had a lengthy layoff and will have to change his regime of whatever he is taking. Maybe he will be smarter about how he cycles or maybe it will hinder him - do we really know? He's now fighting under more restrictive rules than he ever has in the past. Overeem has never had good cardio and is an explosive guy who deteriorates as the fight goes on. I think he may be worse now that he is farther along in age, coming off a year + layoff and has more attention on him. I'm not knocking him for juicing but also won't pretend things will be the same or better. Maybe they will be but I will take another big HW, even a poorly skilled fighter like Bigfoot, if the odds are 3-1 or better.
    Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away. ~Elvis

In OC's defence, not that he wants my backing, but you have to acknowledge the mental edge given by inflated test levels. I have seen people become a total mess when they stop, or adjust cycles.

This off steroids thing is absolutely retarded. Number one, he won't miss his cycle and will probably still be juiced to the max. Number 2, like Floyd, they aren't some miracle that magically makes you the best striker in MMA. That's technique, that's skill, that's the goddamn thunderhorse... UBERREEM!!!!!!!!!!!

This guy isn't on steroids at all, how dare you people...

"I'll fuck you 'til you love me, faggot!" - The Dynamite Kid: Iron Mike Tyson

"I wish they had hot dogs in jail..." - Takeru "The Tsunami" Kobayashi

MMA Eliminator XXVII Winner

2x UFF Champ

Abortion Inc.

Lord Abortion
    BigPappaStump
    LittlestHobo
    Cavebear
    MattyDeathMetal

That man is a demi-god. Bigfoot Silva is a bum. Give me a break...

"I'll fuck you 'til you love me, faggot!" - The Dynamite Kid: Iron Mike Tyson

"I wish they had hot dogs in jail..." - Takeru "The Tsunami" Kobayashi

MMA Eliminator XXVII Winner

2x UFF Champ

Abortion Inc.

Lord Abortion
    BigPappaStump
    LittlestHobo
    Cavebear
    MattyDeathMetal

+ Reply to Thread