+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 45

Thread: Should Silva Vacate or UFC force it?

  1. #31
    Member Kris the Greased Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Edmonton Alberta Canada
    Posts
    667

    Default

    Anderson's ducking of opponents is beginning to surpass Tito. And yes, any time you say you won't fight a guy you are ducking him, screw ANY reason why. Silva took fights with who in the past, yet guys like Bisping and Weidman aren't good enough and now he wants money? Go out and kill Leites/Maia.... And fans would still flock to watch him. He has never been as huge of a draw as he could have been, and to me it is his own fault, and I don't buy that all of a sudden he is worried about money.

    He might not be scared of anybody, but fear is not a prerequisite for ducking somebody.

    That is all.....
    If you can't get a wrestler off of you then train harder next time and change your gameplan. Justify NOT awarding the win to the man who controls his opponent and never gets hurt in the least. It is the onus of the fighter on the bottom to do something about it, not the person controlling.

    Quote Originally Posted by locogato11283 View Post
    youre about dumb.

    That is all.....

  2. #32
    Member zakath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    NB
    Posts
    1,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kris the Greased Pig View Post
    Anderson's ducking of opponents is beginning to surpass Tito. And yes, any time you say you won't fight a guy you are ducking him, screw ANY reason why.
    Money is the reason why. No one has to like it but it's a big reason why people fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kris the Greased Pig View Post
    Silva took fights with who in the past, yet guys like Bisping and Weidman aren't good enough and now he wants money? Go out and kill Leites/Maia.... And fans would still flock to watch him. He has never been as huge of a draw as he could have been, and to me it is his own fault, and I don't buy that all of a sudden he is worried about money.
    At 37 Silva has at best something like 4-5 fights left if he doesn't want to go the combat sports all-to-commonroute of getting KO'd every fight at 45 for $10,000. It makes complete sense that he looks to maximize his earning potential and a fight with GSP is as big as it gets in a $$$ and draw sense. This makes even more sense when, in your words, he hasn't always been a big of a draw as he could be.

  3. #33
    Member TNCclubman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    2,461

    Default

    I still cant believe people really believe in the rankings and 'belt'... This is a private company trying to sell PPV's... wake up people.
    Fighter bashing vs not fighter bashing is like the difference between farting and dropping a silencer in a crowded elevator...

  4. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TNCclubman View Post
    I still cant believe people really believe in the rankings and 'belt'... This is a private company trying to sell PPV's... wake up people.
    There is a lot of truth in that statement. In my opinion Weidman is clearly the next in line for a shot. But because he doesnt have a big name the UFC makes him build a name before a shot at gold. Look at all of the former Pride guys that got immediate title shots or maybe one fight, like Rampage, first then a title shot. They all had a name. If they followed the logic of "unifying the belts" as they claimed, why didnt Hector Lombard get an immediate title shot? If for nothing more than to show how superior the UFC is to Bellator?Anderson got a shot after one fight in the UFC. That is because in his one fight he destroyed a guy, Leben, who had a name already. Then I recall him shooting down the idea of people getting a title shot after only one fight. Weidman just destroyed Munoz who is slowly building a name. Tell me this, if in stead of beating Munoz he had destroyed Bisping or Belfort, would he have gotten a title shot? probably. Yet for all practical purposes Munoz is the same level fighter as Bisping. The belt will never be fair. The rankings however are not a private company. They are voted on by people in the industry. They are more accurate than who gets title shots.

  5. #35
    MMAWeekly Regular Premier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NY -> KC -> FL
    Posts
    18,358

    Default

    LMFAO to all these ducking talks.....seriously, who the f#ck is Chris Weidman is the big scheme of things and what has he done to be mentioned in the same sentence as Anderson. Anderson has more title defenses that Chris Weidman has career fights.

    Anderson doesn't want to fight him because it bores him. Because he will gain nothing by beating a guy that 99% of you had no clue who he was ONE year ago.

    That said, if Anderson refuses to fight, go ahead and strip him. Its only fair to the contenders like Weidman himself. But don't make it seem like he is scared of anyone at 185. Dude is just bored. Not interested.

  6. #36
    MMAWeekly Elite CaveBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Elk Creek
    Posts
    28,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Premier View Post
    LMFAO to all these ducking talks.....seriously, who the f#ck is Chris Weidman is the big scheme of things and what has he done to be mentioned in the same sentence as Anderson. Anderson has more title defenses that Chris Weidman has career fights.

    Anderson doesn't want to fight him because it bores him. Because he will gain nothing by beating a guy that 99% of you had no clue who he was ONE year ago.

    That said, if Anderson refuses to fight, go ahead and strip him. Its only fair to the contenders like Weidman himself. But don't make it seem like he is scared of anyone at 185. Dude is just bored. Not interested.
    yepper dude....



    STILL...100% Pure Hellbilly.
    American outlaw, since birth, till death.
    king of the derelicts
    i am honkey kong
    Abortion Inc.

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    8,410

    Default

    Not one person in this thread has said ANYTHING resembling fear for why Anderson has openly said he doesn't want to fight Weidman. Anderson is ducking Weidman because he doesn't want to lose in the UFC and the UFC doesn't want him to lose until they get a few more paydays. By the time Weidman is given a title shot, Anderson will have walked away or set up a superfight with GSP and then retired.

    Anderson will fight Belcher, Bisping or Vitor but he will never fight Weidman. Ever. Too dangerous.

  8. #38
    MMAWeekly Regular Premier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NY -> KC -> FL
    Posts
    18,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ocmmafan View Post
    Not one person in this thread has said ANYTHING resembling fear for why Anderson has openly said he doesn't want to fight Weidman. Anderson is ducking Weidman because he doesn't want to lose in the UFC and the UFC doesn't want him to lose until they get a few more paydays. By the time Weidman is given a title shot, Anderson will have walked away or set up a superfight with GSP and then retired.

    Anderson will fight Belcher, Bisping or Vitor but he will never fight Weidman. Ever. Too dangerous.
    Isn't that fear....of losing?

    Same thing applies.

  9. #39
    Member BJPENNSTATE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    4,185

    Default

    Anderson afraid of Chris weidman? HAHAHAHAHA


    Cool story brah.

  10. #40
    Member Godzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Yep, Silva is scared of Weidman... Like he was scared of Sonnen... And Henderson...

    Well, he's even scared of Bones...

    What a coward!
    Ju-Jitsu has given me a better life. You should try the same.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts