+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone watching UFC on Fuel?

Quote Originally Posted by bbstorm View Post
    Just watched the video of the fight, very clean hook. Not only was rich holding his hand low but he was throwing very weak punches as well.

ya, rich looked like he was doing a lite sparring session, rather than fighting.
    "doesn't nothing ever last forever?"

WAR Cung Le!!!!!!!!!

viet pride!!!!!!!

damn missed it live had to catch in on the dvr just now man the face plant was more brutal than the punch but awesome finish for the event, it would have been a bust if not for those last couple fights

anyone see Fukuda's fight? I've been a closet Fukuda fan since he whooped Ninja, I hope AKA helped his game a little

Got home from work at 8am and fully intended to watch this, but I ended up falling asleep. Luckily, Angelo had it set to record on our DVR, so I can catch up.

God damn that was a vicious KO. Unexpected too. I really though Rich would pick him apart.

Oh well, you were great once Ace! Time to hang em up me thinks. That glass jaw can't take any more Liddel-ings.

Just finishing watching the DVR and oh my god, what a knockout finish in the main event. That was stunning --- I really thought Franklin would have an easy time with Le but nope, Rich decided to spend more than five seconds standing, which was an extremely dumb idea when your opponent's only strength is world-class striking. This might be it for Franklin, I really don't think he can last against any good strikers anymore. It also spells the end for Wanderlei, since if he couldn't land anything against Rich in five rounds, he should hang it up too.

Mac Danzig got jobbed by the judges. Weird standups by the ref in Mizugaki/Hougland but it didn't matter in the end since Miz won anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Stoppage View Post
    Just finishing watching the DVR and oh my god, what a knockout finish in the main event. That was stunning --- I really thought Franklin would have an easy time with Le but nope, Rich decided to spend more than five seconds standing, which was an extremely dumb idea when your opponent's only strength is world-class striking. This might be it for Franklin, I really don't think he can last against any good strikers anymore. It also spells the end for Wanderlei, since if he couldn't land anything against Rich in five rounds, he should hang it up too.

Mac Danzig got jobbed by the judges. Weird standups by the ref in Mizugaki/Hougland but it didn't matter in the end since Miz won anyway.
    Did you miss the part in those five rounds where he knocked Rich silly and the fight could have (maybe should have) been stopped?

"I'll fuck you 'til you love me, faggot!" - The Dynamite Kid: Iron Mike Tyson

"I wish they had hot dogs in jail..." - Takeru "The Tsunami" Kobayashi

MMA Eliminator XXVII Winner

2x UFF Champ

Abortion Inc.

Lord Abortion
    BigPappaStump
    LittlestHobo
    Cavebear
    MattyDeathMetal

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Stoppage View Post

Danzig had a terrible gameplan. The salad eating fly lover should have out grappled Gomi but instead thought too highly of his very average stand-up. Close fight but easy to see him losing that decision, IMO.

^I'm guessing that he thought he was up 2 rounds to none going in to the 3rd round, by what his corner was telling him and by how the fight had gone (finished both rounds on top if I recall correct) but he simply did not deliver in that last round.. and Gomi did the opposite, he brought it at the end ya know, so good decision imo but by UFCs criteria I thought it could have been 29-28 Danzig too

MMAWeekly Elite mattydeathmetal's Avatar

i thought that card(or what i saw of it) sucked.

i saw the time of the videos for both the Zhang and Mizugaki/Houghland fights and decided i'm decisioned out for one day so i did not see those fights.

unless either was a FOTY contender, i give this card a 4/10

MMAF Revival 4-2
    EFCF 2-1

+ Reply to Thread