+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Rousey First UFC Female Fighter. End Of Strikeforce

I've already lost much interest in mma due to over saturation, weak cards, and the smaller divisions, so wasting a fight on the main card with a women's fight would really be the last straw for me.
    "I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you **** with me, I'll kill you all."
    -Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

womens fighting on your fuel channel , maybe , on a PPV you have to shell out loadsa bucks for...?!

I'll take a Tate vs Kedzie type fight on a PPV over some of the crap we've seen recently for sure. I'll also take any womens fight over any 125lb mens fight.

"I'll fuck you 'til you love me, faggot!" - The Dynamite Kid: Iron Mike Tyson

"I wish they had hot dogs in jail..." - Takeru "The Tsunami" Kobayashi

MMA Eliminator XXVII Winner

2x UFF Champ

Abortion Inc.

Lord Abortion
    BigPappaStump
    LittlestHobo
    Cavebear
    MattyDeathMetal

I get that some of you are okay with women in the UFC but do you really think that this will help the UFC at all? I like watching Ronda fight too, just seems like a bad idea to mix women and men sports regardless of whether or not they are competing against eachother. Just look at what a joke the WNBA is, imagine your forced to watch a mini WNBA game in the middle of your regular NBA game. Would that make more people watch?

I`d watch women fighting men

Quote Originally Posted by tdog628 View Post
    I get that some of you are okay with women in the UFC but do you really think that this will help the UFC at all? I like watching Ronda fight too, just seems like a bad idea to mix women and men sports regardless of whether or not they are competing against eachother. Just look at what a joke the WNBA is, imagine your forced to watch a mini WNBA game in the middle of your regular NBA game. Would that make more people watch?
    Rhonda's fights will draw attention. Other fights? Not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Abortion View Post
    I'll take a Tate vs Kedzie type fight on a PPV over some of the crap we've seen recently for sure. I'll also take any womens fight over any 125lb mens fight.
    quoted for truth.

i do enjoy the 125 fights, but if i have to choose between those two, I would pick women all the time.

I'm ok with it, as long as they don't start fighting like half the men do!

Women do actually bring it!

Trouble is they won't promote women's mma, they'll promote Rhonda Rousey! So as soon as she loses, they are ****ed! They'll end up with a division they don't particularly want ruled by someone nobody has heard of!

Amazed at the length Dana White will go to tap some ass?!!!

there's no talent pool in womens mma which makes for entertaining fights but there's a serious lack of competition for the top 2-3 female fighters right now, how are they going to build new divisions without dilluting their product? a womens TUF? seriously? dammit! this popped in my head as a sad joke and now I realize that's exactly how they're going to build their divisions

its a no brainer to bring ronda over to the ufc and build a women's division around her. she is a star, by far the biggest draw left in strikeforce, and has a serious chance to become a much bigger draw. there aren't many fighters out there with her natural star quality and fighting ability.

not only do MMA fans like her, but the mainstream media is very interested in her as well. she will get espn stories and more mentions than most fighters do. also, by having a women's division in the UFC, it will lead to more women joining mma, especially accomplished wrestlers, judo, bjj, etc... you will see more ronda type athletes fighting over the next few years

+ Reply to Thread