+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva to Attend UFC 154 in Montreal...

what if Condit wins? or its a barnburner fight that calls for a rematch.

Silva and GSP are both pussies. Both will fight smaller men, but won't move up. Hell GSP moving up 15 lbs is less then Anderson moving up 20 lbs. And lets face it, GSP, Anderson and Jones are all big for their weight class and easily could fight the next class up. This is where you respect a guy like BJ Penn who said **** it and moved up, depending only on his skills and not giving a damn about size.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovecindy View Post
    what if Condit wins? or its a barnburner fight that calls for a rematch.

Silva and GSP are both pussies. Both will fight smaller men, but won't move up. Hell GSP moving up 15 lbs is less then Anderson moving up 20 lbs. And lets face it, GSP, Anderson and Jones are all big for their weight class and easily could fight the next class up. This is where you respect a guy like BJ Penn who said **** it and moved up, depending only on his skills and not giving a damn about size.
    Let me get this straight, GSP was smaller than Alves, Fitch, Koscheck (1st time) and Hardy, but is a coward for not fighting at his walking around weight? GSP is not a big WW. Koscheck, Fitch, Alves, Story, Hardy, hendricks, Kampmann and Ellenberger are all as big or bigger.

Silva is a bigger MW, but there are plenty of MWs that are bigger than him.

Quote Originally Posted by grappler4life View Post
    So what weight should they fight at? 180? 175? Can Silva make anything below 185? I think 180 is reasonable and no extra pound allowance. Silva would still be over 200 by fight time and GSP would be 190ish.

As far as how the fight goes, I see it much like Silva vs Sonnen. GSP has better striking than Chael which allows his takedowns to be more effective. His top control is probably similar to Chael. I would predict a Silva tko, but I can absolutely see GSP by decision if he can get the takedowns.

I am not sure why GSP wouldn't take the fight. He is smaller and expected to lose. Thus he has a lot more to gain than he has to lose. Silva would get props for a win, but not as much as one might think. A silva loss would really hurt his legacy.

It would be huge regardless, and both guys would be Mitt Romney rich when it was all said and done. If GSP loses to Condit, this is all talk for nothing anyways. I hope he keeps his focus on condit for now and isnt looking on mma websites this week.
    If Silva wants this fight, he should meet GSP midway.

Dam if this fights ever happens and Anderson wins, GSP fans already have their excuses ready.

Quote Originally Posted by airjasper View Post
    It's dead on? You've seen the fight?

Size definitely could be just way too much to overcome...However 100% writing off a guy with the best takedowns in all of mma...And arguably the best gameplanner in the sport is a bit ridiculous imo. Silva doesn't just instantly ko people who try to land a takedown. Basically everyone at the very least gets a hold of him...If GSP can't get him down asap then ya, he will get skull****ed. But if he lands a td relatively easily at the start of the fight, the guy will probably pass to side control and a decent chance of getting full mount. This will then be repeated for the next 4 rounds.

*this is assuming that GSP is back to his old self come next Saturday

Im not ruling out a skull****ing here...I'm just not talking in certainties when this is the sport of mma.

If Silva does enter the cage it will be very interesting to see just how much bigger he is than GSP.
    Wow, So if GSP gets any easy TD in the first round, that means he'll naturally get the same in the next 4 rounds?! Bit of a stretch there isn't it?! I mean, you'll just presume that the last 20 mins of a fight will play out like the 1st 5?

Well, it worked for Hendo, Marquart, Chael, Lutter.... Oh no wait, nope, no it didn't!

I know you like shining up GSP's balls but statements like that are somewhat silly?!!!

If these guys do fight, the front row fans will be covered in vaseline.
    Fighter bashing vs not fighter bashing is like the difference between farting and dropping a silencer in a crowded elevator...

Quote Originally Posted by lynchman View Post
    Let me get this straight, GSP was smaller than Alves, Fitch, Koscheck (1st time) and Hardy, but is a coward for not fighting at his walking around weight? GSP is not a big WW. Koscheck, Fitch, Alves, Story, Hardy, hendricks, Kampmann and Ellenberger are all as big or bigger.

Silva is a bigger MW, but there are plenty of MWs that are bigger than him.
    Myth, myth, myth, and myth. Stop perpetuating it. Only guy you mentioned who was bigger than GSP in the cage to any significant degree was Alves. What these guys walk around weight is, is irrelevant, what matters is how big they are when they step into the cage and GSP has rarely been the smaller man. Same size maybe but not smaller.

It's ok for GSP to destroy a LW in penn, but Anderson can't?

Quote Originally Posted by BJPENNSTATE View Post
    It's ok for GSP to destroy a LW in penn, but Anderson can't?
    didnt bj beg to fight gsp?
    "doesn't nothing ever last forever?"

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Jensen View Post
    Myth, myth, myth, and myth. Stop perpetuating it. Only guy you mentioned who was bigger than GSP in the cage to any significant degree was Alves. What these guys walk around weight is, is irrelevant, what matters is how big they are when they step into the cage and GSP has rarely been the smaller man. Same size maybe but not smaller.
    Are you on crack? Most of these guys that I listed have talked about weight and said what they walk around at. Dude, if you cut from a heavier weight, you are a bigger guy. Hardy has said, after weighing in, he sometimes gets as big as "Light heavyweight". He is on record. Fitch passed, when Serra got hurt, on facing Hughes because he was over 200 pounds and could not cut the weight in time. Koscheck cuts from 190+. Joe Rogan, during fights, has said that Rick Story walks around at 200 lbs.

In taking about 30 seconds to look up one fighter:
    Hendricks:
    "Well I'm usually around 205-210 so (I cut) anywhere from 35 to 40 pounds."

Take some time and read.
    Last edited by lynchman; 11-08-2012 at 10:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread