+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Halo 4

Default Halo 4

just got my copy. About to pop it after a few hrs of assassins creed 3. sunday is going to be a short one.
    http://forums.mmaweekly.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=13630&dateline=141504  6931
    Crafting your identity since '14
    Currently on tap:
    Vanilla/Coconut Porter
    Brown Ale

I have no faith in this game, I think it is going to absolutely suck.

I really hope I am wrong.
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.

“No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand.”

as a straight forward hater of halo and fps games (except borderlands series) this game seems like fun. again is only the beggining and is reallly slow at first. but this game is 2 disks. i expect it to escalate quickly once i push myself to play the first few hours.
    http://forums.mmaweekly.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=13630&dateline=141504  6931
    Crafting your identity since '14
    Currently on tap:
    Vanilla/Coconut Porter
    Brown Ale

Quote Originally Posted by machete View Post
    as a straight forward hater of halo and fps games (except borderlands series) this game seems like fun. again is only the beggining and is reallly slow at first. but this game is 2 disks. i expect it to escalate quickly once i push myself to play the first few hours.
    I'm worried because they pretty much got a bunch of beginners making this game. Usually that is a bad sign, hopefully they turn out to be the next big thing.

My problem with the Halo series in general is they set the perceived standard of FPSs among fratboys and morons, who don't realize that it is actually an extremely limited, badly programmed game compared to what is already out there not on consoles. Is it good for consoles? Yes. Should consoles settle for Halo, no, they should be screaming bloody murder, WHY MUST WE HAVE ONLY THIS!!!!

I'm more interested in the Multiplayer as outside of the story (to an extent) Halo shouldn't be looked at as a single player purchase.
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.

“No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackel585 View Post

No you don't

Quote Originally Posted by PatSox View Post
    No you don't
    And it looks like you ARE indeed wrong

IGN review is up and they gave it a 9.8......holy SHIT!!!!

Last edited by PatSox; 11-01-2012 at 04:32 AM.

fu<kkkkkkkkkkk - I'm excited as **** for this now. I originally hadn't planned on getting it right away, but now I want it immediately. Really kicking myself in the ass for not pre-ordering it from Newegg when it was $45.
    Underdog Challenge V Champion

I'm worried because they pretty much got a bunch of beginners making this game. Usually that is a bad sign, hopefully they turn out to be the next big thing.

My problem with the Halo series in general is they set the perceived standard of FPSs among fratboys and morons, who don't realize that it is actually an extremely limited, badly programmed game compared to what is already out there not on consoles. Is it good for consoles? Yes. Should consoles settle for Halo, no, they should be screaming bloody murder, WHY MUST WE HAVE ONLY THIS!!!!

I'm more interested in the Multiplayer as outside of the story (to an extent) Halo shouldn't be looked at as a single player purchase.
    fps on console is still alien to me. i am a little bit rusty but i would probably pwn some of this hardcore gamers in counter strike on any version or engine.

Well my box is red-ringed so I won't be getting it (yet). My best friend out here is though and next weekend he is taking Friday off and we are going to pretty much play multi-player through the entire weekend. Neither of us liked Halo's single-player in the past. ODST and Reach were the best of the single-player. Anyone know if you need to be a gold member to play as the guest? I know you needed to for some game modes but not all in the previous, same case this time around?

Well my box is red-ringed so I won't be getting it (yet). My best friend out here is though and next weekend he is taking Friday off and we are going to pretty much play multi-player through the entire weekend. Neither of us liked Halo's single-player in the past. ODST and Reach were the best of the single-player. Anyone know if you need to be a gold member to play as the guest? I know you needed to for some game modes but not all in the previous, same case this time around?
    Assuming they are using the usual Halo multiplayer system, they will have some "ranked" playlist, in which you have to be Gold, and some "unranked" playlists, in which you can bring guests.

Have you suspended your account while you're red-ringed or something? If for some reason they've changed and you have to be gold, or if you want to play the "ranked" ones, eBay generally has a ton of 48-hour codes for $1... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xbox-live-48...item2a24d85c13
    Underdog Challenge V Champion

+ Reply to Thread