I love the loadouts. I have three that I use for different purposes

For Slayer and Dominion...

Battle Rifle
    Suppressor
    Plasma Grenades
    Promethian Vision
    Firepower
    Dexterity

For Big Team Slayer and CTF on big maps....

DMR
    Plasma Pistol
    Plasma Grenades
    Active Camo
    AA Efficiency
    Ammo

And for CTF on small maps and King of the Hill....

Assault Rifle
    Magnum
    Frags
    Jet Pack
    Grenadier
    Explosives

Quote Originally Posted by PatSox View Post
    I love the loadouts. I have three that I use for different purposes
    I have three main loadouts I use. Depending on the playstyle of the opposing players, I'll play the one that suits me. Once I unlock the other specializations, I'll probably change it up a bit.

I always start with:
    DMR
    Magnum
    Plasma Grenades
    Promethean Vision
    Shield Package
    Awareness

This is quickly becoming my primary.

Light Rifle
    Magnum
    Plasma Grenades
    Promethean Vision
    Shield Package
    Explosives

Against real aggressive opponents, and then the Left/ is for smaller maps and /right for larger maps

Assault Rifle
    Plasma Pistol / Battle Rifle
    Plasma Grenades
    Promethian Vision / Shield
    Firepower / Shield Package
    Ammo

I'm sitting on two red ringed boxes (one an Elite). I'm hoping I can get a new one soon so I can play here at home.

Quote Originally Posted by PatSox View Post
    You would be

Whenever there is a gripe that's popular with the "purist / elitist" types, I alway fully expect you to fall in line

It's an improvement. The game still plays like Halo, only now they added one of the BETTER elements that COD popularized. People who hate COD just can't get over it whenever another game acknowledges that the most popular FPS in the world just may be doing something right
    Actually I'm not a CoD hater. MW was one of my favorite FPSs ever, played the hell out of it and spent 4 straight months in the international top 250 back when they had a ranking system in place. I however admit that IMO, the cross-platform development rather than porting that later CoDs did hurt it a bit.

I am a major advocate of changes needed in gaming, especially FPSs to keep them good. My worry was that they'd try to mimic CoD match point rewards too much, which even you have to admit wouldn't be a good thing for the kind of gameplay Halo is. The way they implemented the features though was actually very fitting for Halo, and more developers should take note on how to use other games' functions as inspiration rather than copy/paste.

Wasn't Halo 3 amazing until 9 months later and everyone realized that it was gay?

Quote Originally Posted by Time Warner View Post
    Wasn't Halo 3 amazing until 9 months later and everyone realized that it was gay?
    I liked the Campaign a lot....have loved every Halo campaign actually, besides ODST, which was just okay

The multiplayer though, I was not big into it as much as Halo 2's. Probably more so because I was so into COD and Battlefield at that point. But even though I still love those two, I was ready to really try Halo's multiplayer again with 4 and MAN am I loving it

And that has as much to do with the Loadouts and Perks as it does with the gameplay and maps

What's everyone's favorites maps, by the way?

I'm really loving Meltdown and Exile the most. Love the donut like maps, with mutiple levels of elevation and multiple vehicle options

Not a fan of Haven at all. Not that I don't like small maps, Adrift, Abandon and Solace are really good for slayer, but something about Haven throws me off. Even if I'm having a great game on that map, I don't enjoy myself. And that sucks because it's like the Nuketown of Halo 4

When it's up for the pre-match vote, at least 75% of the people, in every lobby I'm in, vote Haven immediately......oh well
    Last edited by PatSox; 11-12-2012 at 11:12 AM.

I'm a close quarters guy and I'm dam good at it.

Its not that I'm not good at the big maps, I can do just fine with a DMR or BR, but I enjoy the up close, all in your face kinda battle. I'm the guy who tosses one frag and then finishes you off with about 1/3 of his AR's clip, due to astonishing foe anticipation and a deadly target accuracy. I'm extremely good at keeping my bead on my enemy, especially with the AR, I hold it down but am still able to keep it dead center on whatever my target is. I routinely out maneuver DMRers, granted they're not all MLG players(ugh, hate that ****, how boring, reminds me of a GSP fight, no thanks) by unorthodox movement and my jumps serve a variety of purposes...And when its super close, my beatdowns are money. Of corase there are times I get caught with my pants down using the AR and get owned, but even on big maps, I'm great at bobbing and weaving throughout in a manner that usually give me the jump on my opponents. I probably average 2 stickies game, but its not uncommon that I get 4, 5 or more.

I'm a close quarters guy, plain and simple. Its not that I have less skills, thats just my preferred battle radius, I thrive in chaos and usually walk way with a double kill. Aside from that oddly enough, I really like sniping. I'm not great at it, but If I get a sniper, I can usually pick up 5 kills with it and get my ordnance. I typically get between 15-20 kills a slayer game. Not ridiculously good, but I'm consistent.

So I like Solace, Haven and another that slips my mind. I want more maps though dammit, greedy *******s.

My usual set up is:

AR
    Magnum
    Stickys
    Hologram
    Resupply
    Nade perk, forget what its called.

Just recently got the Nade perk and Camo though, so I've been rocking the camo instead of hologram. I know most people hate hologram, but if you deploy it correctly, it'll at least get the enemy to hesitatefor a second or 2 dam near every time...I literally laugh out loud how often I catch a guy going for it...On my camo loadout, I use the ability assist perk, the camo lasts super long anyways and when it comes back so quickly, you basically have camo the entire game. Anytime I'm in battle, mid way through I click on my camo and after I kill the guy I immediately crouch and I'm no where to be found...Wait a good 15 seconds and I'm full Armour again and I attack my enemies support/backup, usually getting the kill...then I camo again and slide off out of battle.

I just played through Halo 1-3.. I just picked up Halo 4. I know I won't be disappointed.

Let's Go Red Wings
    2x Former ACFL Champion
    ACFL Record: 31-27-3
    MMAF Record: 30-27-2
    EFCF Record: 13-16-1

Quote Originally Posted by Jackel585 View Post
    I have no faith in this game, I think it is going to absolutely suck.

I really hope I am wrong.
    I thought the exact same thing, then I played it. Ended up light years better than what I expected. 8.8/ 10 IMO.

+ Reply to Thread