+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Halo 4

Quote Originally Posted by boonebaker View Post
    I've got one that I'm going to use. It still just pisses me off. There is no reason why I should have to install the multiplayer, I should be able to play it straight from the disc.
    Looks like I wont install multiplayer as I have first gen HD as well.

Hopefully I can still do multiplayer co-op

About the storage space; In the latest update the upped the cap for flash drives, now is up to 32gb from 16bg. Means that you can put two 32gb flash drives to increase space.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/11/09/x...rage-increase/
    .Pride is Forever.

MMAWeekly Elite mattydeathmetal's Avatar

played Slayer or whatever the equivalent is called in this game for about 6 hours last night and for about 2 earlier today.

really dig this game especially the(i believe they were called) Solace and Havok maps.

i have no problem with the frag grenades, but much like you guys my old roommates who are DIEHARD Halo fans were let waaaaay down and i ended up playing alone for most of the evening as they think the game sucks. that was fine by me when i had a 60+ inch HD screen all to myself for the evening while they played WoW instead lol

MMAF Revival 4-2
    EFCF 2-1

Raquetball in the morning and then whiskey, beer, and halo 4 all day/night/morning. Can't wait, though I'm a bit upset that they brought the CoD elements into it.

Quote Originally Posted by mattydeathmetal View Post
    played Slayer or whatever the equivalent is called in this game for about 6 hours last night and for about 2 earlier today.

really dig this game especially the(i believe they were called) Solace and Havok maps.

i have no problem with the frag grenades, but much like you guys my old roommates who are DIEHARD Halo fans were let waaaaay down and i ended up playing alone for most of the evening as they think the game sucks. that was fine by me when i had a 60+ inch HD screen all to myself for the evening while they played WoW instead lol
    My buddy got the game a day before me, so he's a higher level. He just got the grenade perk and said its badass, so I'm ok with it as long as there was a way to make the grenades how they've been for so many years.

TBH, I can see how some hardcore fans might be disappointed, definitely. I however am happy with the game, although I do feel like 343 might have sold out here and there, but the game is deeper now and its still Halo, one of the most enjoyable games to play ever on any console.

Today I played about 5-7 games and for the first time, it felt like just plain old regular Halo. I think once the game isnt so new, most of the unhappy players will settle in and realize its still HALO, theres just some more features and the game overall has a wider spectrum of variables.

Thruster pack is absolutely ridiculous though, its more worthless than Obama. LOL who would use that? I honestly can not envision someone actually using it and being even mildly effective with it.
    Last edited by LiddellBback; 11-09-2012 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackel585 View Post
    Raquetball in the morning and then whiskey, beer, and halo 4 all day/night/morning. Can't wait, though I'm a bit upset that they brought the CoD elements into it.
    You would be

Whenever there is a gripe that's popular with the "purist / elitist" types, I alway fully expect you to fall in line

It's an improvement. The game still plays like Halo, only now they added one of the BETTER elements that COD popularized. People who hate COD just can't get over it whenever another game acknowledges that the most popular FPS in the world just may be doing something right

If anyone wants to get down on some halo, hit me up. I'm not on right now, but I have quite a few days off work the over the next 2 weeks and I plan on getting some Halo gameage in for sure.

Light Rifle in multiplayer is pretty BALLS

Stronger single shot than the DMR when scoped and similar burst to the BR when unscoped. Kind of giving you the best of both worlds. Only downside is the reticle is sort of hard to use at long ranges. Which I guess kind of balances it out with the DMR, which is much easier to line up head shots with

Cookingwithguns is my new gamer tag and I will be on all night
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.

“No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand.”

Haven't played the campaign (outside of Ops, which we did all on legendary in about an hour), don't care about campaign.

As for the MP though. The way they integrated the so called "CoD" features was actually very good, and welcomed. The guns feel great, the light rifle and the assault rifle are ****ing deadly. The biggest let-down though, is a real lack of maps per mode. With the exception of two or three, most of them seem to be lacking a bit too. I'm sure that most of the DLC will be extra maps and eventually opening up the game to community maps, and that gripe will go right out the window. The way the loadouts are handled are great, and glad they allow 5.

We ran into some of the server issues that have been affecting players, but that only lasted about 15 minutes, and I"m sure it is only related to the launch.

The gameplay is great for a arcade shooter on a console, arguably behind only Reach when it comes to modern arcade shooters. None of us that have played really felt like we getting into it as much as we did 2, 3, Reach, but that could just be because of a lot of distractions at the time. Some more time into it, less downtime because of server issues in Big Team Slayer, I'm sure it'll be just as addicting. I am looking forwards to working through more of the commendations. I'm hoping leveling slows down (just a little bit), I got up to almost 30 pretty quick which is over half way through the first set of levels. I'm looking forwards to working on the specializations though, I LOVE that addition to the game.

A few minor non-gameplay annoyances though. I love the new layout while loading games/maps, however I think the post-game reports need to be changed up a bit. I miss the accuracy stat, but besides that, all the data seems to be... small, and if you aren't going back to the lobby, you don't always get to view everything you want before the next game starts.

+ Reply to Thread