+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 140 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 NBA Discussion thread

Been busy as hell, Nuggets turned it around in a big way in 2013, still some mindnumbing losses to inferior teams, but overall much more consistent.

Anyways, my opinion of James Harden still getting laughed at? Yeah probably not.

Don't really like every move the Rockets made to build their squad, especially Lin since I don't think he fits great with Harden, but getting Harden was brilliant.

Oh and if you haven'y noticed, LeBron got a whole lot better this season. Going off the numbers he's one of if not the best jump shooters in the league now, which is just not fair since nobody can stop him from getting to the rim either.

The MVP race isn't remotely close right now and Miami has won 11 straight and don't seem to be letting up so I doubt it gets any closer.

I don't see any team giving the Heat much of a challenge in a 7 game series unless injuries happen. The Pacers are the only team that can come anywhere close to slowing then down but I don't think they have the offense to win 4 games.

The Thunder have real problems without Harden creating good shots in close games, Durant can make really tough shots but that isn't what you really want in the Playoffs, I think 4 or 5 teams out West will give them real problems in a series, but I do still like them to reach the Finals and get their doors blown off by Miami.
    Supporting Zuffa....the only promotion spending money to further the sport.

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

Quote Originally Posted by srdafish View Post
    Been busy as hell, Nuggets turned it around in a big way in 2013, still some mindnumbing losses to inferior teams, but overall much more consistent.

Anyways, my opinion of James Harden still getting laughed at? Yeah probably not.

Don't really like every move the Rockets made to build their squad, especially Lin since I don't think he fits great with Harden, but getting Harden was brilliant.

Oh and if you haven'y noticed, LeBron got a whole lot better this season. Going off the numbers he's one of if not the best jump shooters in the league now, which is just not fair since nobody can stop him from getting to the rim either.

The MVP race isn't remotely close right now and Miami has won 11 straight and don't seem to be letting up so I doubt it gets any closer.

I don't see any team giving the Heat much of a challenge in a 7 game series unless injuries happen. The Pacers are the only team that can come anywhere close to slowing then down but I don't think they have the offense to win 4 games.

The Thunder have real problems without Harden creating good shots in close games, Durant can make really tough shots but that isn't what you really want in the Playoffs, I think 4 or 5 teams out West will give them real problems in a series, but I do still like them to reach the Finals and get their doors blown off by Miami.
    You were really just licking your Bronco wounds. Lets be honest!

With the first pick in the 2014 NBA draft _________ select Andrew wiggins from Toronto Canada.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5mm6F1bFlg

a beast among children.
    Due Up
    http://oi47.tinypic.com/v75gkz.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by nicknobitch View Post
    With the first pick in the 2014 NBA draft _________ select Andrew wiggins from Toronto Canada.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5mm6F1bFlg

a beast among children.
    I've watched a couple of his HS games and a couple of Jabari Parker's (#2 ranked kid, signed to Duke). Parker is probably better right now, but Wiggins looks like he could be a star in the NBA in just a couple of years. So weird to me to see how good some of these kids can be at 17/18.
    "It's hell being a straight white man in America these days." 50% of the posters on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesod View Post
    I've watched a couple of his HS games and a couple of Jabari Parker's (#2 ranked kid, signed to Duke). Parker is probably better right now, but Wiggins looks like he could be a star in the NBA in just a couple of years. So weird to me to see how good some of these kids can be at 17/18.
    I like both players a lot. I think Parker is the more skilled player right now, but Wiggins is the better athlete and is considered to have more upside. Whether he actually achieves it is anyone's guess. The 2014 class looks extremely strong at the top. Another reason why a lot of borderline prospects may bolt this year is they don't want to have to deal with being bumped down with having to go against that group of freshmen next year.
    Last edited by NCJ; 03-01-2013 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NCJ View Post
    I like both players a lot. I think Parker is the more skilled player right now, but Wiggins is the better athlete and is considered to have more upside.
    I agree, but it is SO hard to tell from watching a couple of HS games. I don't envy college recruiters. Judging the talent of a 17-year old is not easy.
    "It's hell being a straight white man in America these days." 50% of the posters on this board.

Parker out for 4 weeks. It'll be interesting if the spurs can hold on to the top spot while Parker is out. I think if spurs hope to make it to finals they have to have to top seed. I think it's too much for the big three to go up against OKC AND clippers in back to back series. Not the way those two teams like to run up and down the court. There's such a big gap between 3 and 4 that being seeded #1 in the west will be a huge advantage.

A lot of teams have had bigger injuries than the spurs but I don't think I've seen so many small injuries hit one team. Against the kings spurs didn't have Parker, Diaw, Neal and Jackson. Only Thiago Splitter has yet to miss a game due to injury. Ginobli gets injured every other game it seems like.

Lakers back at .500. Surprisingly, I think it actually might be the Warriors they catch rather than the Rockets or Jazz

Kobe at 34? Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Murphs56 View Post
    Lakers back at .500. Surprisingly, I think it actually might be the Warriors they catch rather than the Rockets or Jazz
    The tough thing for the Lakers is going to be their closing schedule, they have to have a spot before the start of April or else they probably won't get in at all. They close with 5 of 8 against Western Playoff teams and 1 other game at Portland which is never an easy place to win.

The good news for LA is their March schedule is basically a cakewalk with a couple of exceptions, they play OKC, Indy, Atlanta, and Golden State on the road, but have 5 games against the worst teams in the league (Kings, Orlando, NO) so if they make the Playoffs they will do it in March.

I like the Rockets chances of securing the 6th seed if GS can't break out of their funk. Utah is just weird, how they've been so inconsistent and still in the playoffs is just flat out strange.

I think the interesting race out west is for seeds 3, 4, and 5. Denver still has a legit shot at #3, but they need to beat LA this week and win at least 6 of their 9 remaining road games, which is possible but not exactly likely due to their up and down road performance this season.

I think 55 wins will claim the 3 seed, which certainly gives the Clippers and Memphis an advantage, but given Denver's remaining schedule I wouldn't put it past them to play well enough to give them a shot in the last 4 or 5 games to pull it out.

The Clippers schedule might look pretty easy but they still have 6 remaining back to backs with 5 of the 2nd games on the road.

Basically I think the top 5 seeds out west are clear, but they can end up in a lot of different orders depending on how the teams finish the season.
    Supporting Zuffa....the only promotion spending money to further the sport.

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

+ Reply to Thread