+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 140 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 NBA Discussion thread

Mann Linn can't be missin those free throws

Wake me up when this season is over. My team is in shambles with all the injuries. Ready to start watching hockey and it pains me to say that

Quote Originally Posted by srdafish View Post
    OKC is the clear favorite in the west, but I want to see how Denver matches up with them. Kevin Martin has played and fit in well, but I don't think he would be all that hard of a match up for Lawson. Then Denver can switch Iguodala, Gallo, Brewer, and Chandler between Westbrook and Durant. The key to matching up with great players is giving them as many different looks as possible and I think Denver can do that better than anybody else in the West due to their stockpile of guys that can play on the wing.
    You have been on quite the roll here lately there Fishy...first you call out your Donkeys to destroy the Ravens then want to see how your squad matches up with OKC....
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion
    The Underdog Challenge X: Champion

Win or lose tonight, I still see the Lakers making a run and getting into the postseason. If they can somehow manage to steal the 6th seed, they pose a very dangerous matchup. I just don't think they can beat the Thunder or Clippers

Dwight has no confidence at the line.

Lebron is taking games OVER down the stretch these days.

MMAWeekly Elite mattydeathmetal's Avatar

the refs just fuked the Celtics out of a great comeback win.

with 16 seconds left in a must foul situation their is no biased opinion involved when i say that the refs sh1t the bed and called a jump ball after Pierce got fouled at least 3 times before having the ball touched for half a second and the whistle being blown.

that was retarded.

MMAF Revival 4-2
    EFCF 2-1

Portland and Houston are starting to crumble. The Lakers are too talented not to get in

Like Murph said, Lakers will need to make the 6th seed in order to attempt a serious run in the playoffs and build some momentum. Now, that means they will play the Spurs in the first rd and also means they would have to do a better job than the Nuggets which we all have to agree, they are having a very decent season thus far. But it will be hard to achieve that. Mavs are also getting at it and getting some wins also. Is going to be a fierce battle for the 7th and 8th spot in the West. Sacramento is also not that far behind them and DMC is having big games lately.

I'll go ahead and say it, Lakers won't get to the playoffs. If they do, it would mean that 4 of the following teams will not make it:

Golden State
    Houston
    Portland
    Utah
    Dallas
    Denver
    Sacramento

Out of those teams I will say Golden State, Portland and Denver are going to the playoffs. There's something about Harden that I can't trust his talent will last all season long. Maybe is his disapparating act in the finals last year when pressure was on. For Utah, it depends who they will pick up for Jefferson (maybe Cousins? problems with organization might lead to a possible trade), rumors are that they will attempt to trade him close to the trade deadline, which I always think is a mistake because is less time for both teams to sync and create chemistry for whatever is left of the season. For Dallas, it all depends on Dirk's progress. Sacramento can make a good run if Thorton and Evans are consistent in their game AND showing up to games, both of them are combining a high amount of missed game due to personal reasons, injuries and what not. DMC seemed like his temper cooled down after the team suspension and he is having monster games ever since. Reason I added GS to that list is because of Curry's history of not staying healthy lately. His current injury is not that serious, but IMO it all depends on him staying healthy for the rest of the season, him out of the team can make a serious damage to their record and actually out of the playoffs, if they were on the East, they could hang with Curry, but is the West what we are talking about. Only reason Minnesota are not even mentioned is because of the injury plague they are facing up there right now, is awful, but if they manage to be where they are right now and only stay a couple games behind, remember that Love is indeed coming back for the last 15 games I believe. He can make a difference. Not trying to rise your hopes up, Murph. But Pekovic being out, for a few days can lead them to loss a couple of their next game.

Lakers can make a serious run in the last month tho. They will play 3 key games that are must win in order to make it.

Dallas
    Portland
    Houston

They also will have to face Spurs and Clippers who will be locked to be in the playoffs and most likely play on a slower pace. two very winnable games for the Lakers if those teams decide to lay low and rest. Unless the first spot in the west is up for grabs.

I think they will go 3-4 in the rest of this month, then having a 7 game road trip ending in Miami then flying back to LA and play with little time to rest after the road trip. They got 18 H games and 24 A games left in the season. Must of those home games are though games with teams like Portland, OKC, Memphis, Boston, Utah, Clippers, San Antonio, Chicago, Houston. Is a very hard road ahead of them.

Right now it looks like this:

5) Golden State - 0.0 GB
    6) Denver ------- 1.0 GB
    7) Utah --------- 3.0 GB
    8t) Portland ----- 3.5 GB
    8t) Houston ----- 3.5 GB
    10) Minnesota --- 6.0 GB (2.5 GB 8th seed)
    11) L.A. Lakers -- 6.5 GB (3.0 GB 8th seed)
    12) Dallas-------- 8.5 GB (5.0 GB 8th seed)
    13) Sacramento - 10.0 GB (6.5 GB 8th seed)
    Last edited by machete; 01-19-2013 at 02:58 PM.

Man, ROV, you should be embarrassed. I had Rubio, ak and d leaguers

Quote Originally Posted by Murphs56 View Post
    Man, ROV, you should be embarrassed. I had Rubio, ak and d leaguers
    Eh...what'd I miss?
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion
    The Underdog Challenge X: Champion

+ Reply to Thread