+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 140 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 NBA Discussion thread

I haven't been posting much because a lot of stuff has been going on, but this has been a very interesting season so far. Quick thoughts:

Despite all the "criticism" they took for working out together in the off-season, LeBron and KD clearly improved each other's games. LeBron is shooting better than ever from outside of the paint, and since a horrible start from the free throw line is making over 80% of his free throws in the last month. The man is just displaying a total control of the game that I haven't seen since MJ, Bird, and Magic. The guy can do whatever he wants on the court and even if he had a horrible shooting night still be the best player on the floor. Also, he is about to join the 20,000 point, 5,000 rebound, and 5,000 assist club baring a season ending injury. The list is eleven players long right now, and all are already hall of famers or sure-fire first ballot guys.
    I know Viper and some others hate the guy, but he is by far the best player of his generation, and I am just enjoying getting a chance to watch him.

The only guy who is in his stratosphere as far as numbers and ability go right now is Durant. The man is playing much better defense and passing the ball much better than he ever has before. He sees the goal and has taken it on himself to try to reach it. Seeing these two go head to head over the next few years will be epic.

Chris Paul is the best PG in the league and it is not even close. I love Rondo and have followed him since he was a freshman at Kentucky, but he is not the player that Paul is. The thing that I love most about his game is how he does everything to keep his team happy and with the ball where they want it for 3.5 quarters, and then just morphs into this unstoppable force at the end of games. Those should be the three names at the top of the MVP list. LeBron should be number one, but I won't lose my mind if Durant or Paul win it.

The Lakers look horrible, but it isn't just the coach, although he is not helping things. The truth is Dwight is not the player he used to be. I don't know if it is the back injury, lack of effort, or because he really hates playing with that team, but he is not near the defensive presence he used to be. Combine that with the total misuse of Gasol over the past two years, and the fact that they can't keep anyone out of the paint or running on them, and you get the awful season we have so far. Even funnier is the fact that if they do miss the playoffs, Orlando could be looking much better in that trade.

The Knicks are a good story, and Melo is playing his best ball since the trip to the WCF, but I would be surprised if they get past the second round. I would take Indiana, Atlanta, and Boston over them in a playoff. That is not even getting into Miami. Will be interesting if they can pull off a trade for Amare, but I highly doubt it.

Russell Westbrook is one of the 10 best athletes in the league and may have a higher ceiling, but James Harden is the better basketball player today. I still like Westbrook, and have more patience for his game than some, but Harden is the truth, and I love what the Rockets are building. If Lin continues to improve on defense and he can learn to play with Harden, they could put a scare into a lot of teams.

Love requires surgery in his hand. out for 8-10 weeks. Varejao also needs surgery in his knee, he is already been out for 3 weeks, now is up to 8weeks out after surgery. Ouch for both teams.
    Last edited by machete; 01-09-2013 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by machete View Post
    Love requires surgery in his hand. out for 8-10 weeks. Varejao also needs surgery in his knee, he is already been out for 3 weeks, now is up to 8weeks out after surgery. Ouch for both teams.
    How do you think I feel. First RG III and now Love. I've had a horrible week

Denver is finally at full strength and don't have to rely on Corey Brewer to be their scoring wing off the bench, in other news I can actually not go crazy watching Nuggets games anymore.

Finally get to play OKC this season, have 2 games in 5 days one each at home for each team.

Also Denver is now 7 games above .500 with still 8 games to play this month, will be hard to get to 30 wins by the end of January, but not impossible with all but 2 games at home against some decent not great teams except for the 2 against OKC. Have 2 against the Rockets one at each place, but I think Houston's style plays into Denver's hands and Denver is better defensively.

I really think the addition of Chandler will help Gallo the most as he won't have to play nearly as many minutes at the 4 where he gets out-muscled quite frequently, Chandler excelled at the 4 in New York. Should be an exciting few months.
    Supporting Zuffa....the only promotion spending money to further the sport.

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

MMAWeekly Elite mattydeathmetal's Avatar

block of the year

Chandler hit the 3 that won the game last night, his slow release worries me at times, but I'd rather he take his time than rush the shot like a lot of guys do.

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

I don't see ANY team that can stop a Miami/OKC finals. West looks competitive now but come playoff time I don't think the top teams in the west did enough to beat OKC. Clippers looks good but come playoff time when teams force them to play half court offense they're gonna struggle. Spurs looks good again and could make a run but they didn't get any younger in the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by slik View Post
    I don't see ANY team that can stop a Miami/OKC finals. West looks competitive now but come playoff time I don't think the top teams in the west did enough to beat OKC. Clippers looks good but come playoff time when teams force them to play half court offense they're gonna struggle. Spurs looks good again and could make a run but they didn't get any younger in the offseason.
    OKC is the clear favorite in the west, but I want to see how Denver matches up with them. Kevin Martin has played and fit in well, but I don't think he would be all that hard of a match up for Lawson. Then Denver can switch Iguodala, Gallo, Brewer, and Chandler between Westbrook and Durant. The key to matching up with great players is giving them as many different looks as possible and I think Denver can do that better than anybody else in the West due to their stockpile of guys that can play on the wing.

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

Quote Originally Posted by srdafish View Post
    OKC is the clear favorite in the west, but I want to see how Denver matches up with them.
    well, they are pretty much 30pts down right now. OKC and Miami will be in the Finals again. I will keep that as my two teams to make it, and the Heat winning again. I know is the most obvious choice. I been watching a lot of OKC games and Westbrook has improved a lot his game. This finals are going to 6 games if not 7.

+ Reply to Thread