+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 140 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 NBA Discussion thread

Harden has been monster for the Rockets with his scoring and good defense, but Asik has been just as good a pick up for the Rockets. He's top 5 in the league in rebounding and is a presence that adds to the defense. Now if we could just get a point guard who knew how to play defense we would really be cooking with gas...
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion
    The Underdog Challenge X: Champion

Quote Originally Posted by (v2)ROVPitViper View Post
    Harden has been monster for the Rockets with his scoring and good defense, but Asik has been just as good a pick up for the Rockets. He's top 5 in the league in rebounding and is a presence that adds to the defense. Now if we could just get a point guard who knew how to play defense we would really be cooking with gas...
    Lin is playing A LOT better than earlier in the year. But yeah. He's still going to turn the ball over a ton and going to get burned on D. But his distributing is much improved from last season

Super excited I get to see Uncle Drew live tomorrow...Kyrie is one of my favorite players to watch

Last edited by Murphs56; 12-29-2012 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphs56 View Post
    Lin is playing A LOT better than earlier in the year. But yeah. He's still going to turn the ball over a ton and going to get burned on D. But his distributing is much improved from last season
    Yah - I criticize Lin a lot but remind myself that he is still recuperating from the knee injury and learning the game. Just astounds me that someone at the NBA level still has that high dribble and doesn't know basic defensive rotations. Having been a PG/SG myself I am a bit over critical of the position when I see someone not playing it right. If you get away from the freak physical specimens like Magic and look for the person who fits the "normal" mold and played the position the best it could possibly be played, watch John Stockton. You didn't see him jumping in the air to pass the ball, every pass was simple, and he was great at every part of offense/defense (minus his post up defense which his size didn't allow for great defense).

Go back and watch Stockton then come forward and watch Lin or some of our other "star" PG and the flaws and bad play are glaring. I know comparing people to one of the all time greats is bit unrealistic, but Stockton didn't do all time great stuff each play...he just did the smart/solid play every time up or down the court and that was what made him special. No need to be super fancy, no need to get your face on ESPN, just solid to great plays by doing the smart simple basketball play...and it took him to being the best at his position ever (Magic to me is the best at PG ever but not the best at it in terms of pure PG play...splitting hairs I know).

How much are good seats at an NBA game? Maybe not directly behind the bench, but like 30 rows back or so. I been thinking about making the 3 hour drive to Cleveland to check out a game live one day, as I've never been to one.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Crown View Post
    How much are good seats at an NBA game? Maybe not directly behind the bench, but like 30 rows back or so. I been thinking about making the 3 hour drive to Cleveland to check out a game live one day, as I've never been to one.
    Really depends. Go on Stub Hub. Depends on who they are playing etc. Knicks tickets are the most expensive I've come across but Nets tickets I've gotten pretty decent seats for like 15-20 bucks

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Crown View Post
    If its a Cleveland game they'll probably pay you to come in to help fill seats so it looks like someone cares.

i got second floor tickets for the hawks vs celtics last playoffs for the last 3 games at ATL for $10 each, amazing view btw. you should find them for at least $15 for something very decent for the cavs. stub hub is the best source

Quote Originally Posted by (v2)ROVPitViper View Post
    Rondo is the better floor general and overall leader (and has the championship to prove it). CP3 is right behind him but still relies more on his talent than his brain. Watch Rondo bring the ball up no matter what the situation and he is ALWAYS looking for the best play/open guy....CP3 is much the same except he wants the highlight reel play as opposed to the simple one. Oh and...let me know when CP3 gets within sneezing distance of Magic's double digit assist record like Rondo did...
    if CP3 got hooked up with Ray Allen, Pierce, and Garnett in 2007, they win way more then 1 championship

just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by ajl416az View Post
    if CP3 got hooked up with Ray Allen, Pierce, and Garnett in 2007, they win way more then 1 championship

just saying.
    Quite possible - CP3 is damn good. Having those weapons around you is always helpful. But as we are seeing with the Clippers who just completed the 3rd ever undefeated month, he still doesn't pass like Rondo does and sometimes hurts the team with the showtime first instead of the simple pass. Put that back on the Celtics where he chases the highlights instead of just doing the right thing like Rondo did and who knows if they end up with a ring... all what if type stuff though. Since CP3 has the weapons this year we'll see where he ends up and then we can revisit this...

+ Reply to Thread