+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 140 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 NBA Discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Murphs56 View Post
    I wonder when was the last time an all white lineup graced the NBA before my Wolves this year lol

Ridnour-Shved-Kirilenko-Love-Pekovic
    I don't know, but whatever lineup the TWolves use just gives my Rockets fits....game isn't over yet but man everytime the Rockets play them it is painful.
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion
    The Underdog Challenge X: Champion

Quote Originally Posted by (v2)ROVPitViper View Post
    I don't know, but whatever lineup the TWolves use just gives my Rockets fits....game isn't over yet but man everytime the Rockets play them it is painful.
    You won. Harden was trash the whole game and then all of a sudden turns into the Superstar he's become. Just got to the rack like nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Murphs56 View Post
    You won. Harden was trash the whole game and then all of a sudden turns into the Superstar he's become. Just got to the rack like nothing
    Yah...saw the highlights this morning. Still though - whatever it is the TWolves do (I didn't see the game so I can't comment on it) just drives my Rockets crazy. Always a painful game.

And by the way...if we had KMart still instead of Harden...we lose that ballgame. KMart is a great shooter but relies too much on that outside shot (and not playing defense). Minnesota gets us in that game if we have KMart shooting from 30 feet instead of Harden driving it to the rack.

Denver blew the doors off the Lakers last night, good win after a bad loss in LA on Christmas. If the Nuggets make their 3's they are almost impossible to beat, the problem is they aren't good enough from 3 thus they are up and down like a god damn roller coaster.
    Supporting Zuffa....the only promotion spending money to further the sport.

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

The lakers big 4 are good, but the rest if the team sucks ass, minus mwp.

Besides Dwight, lakers can not rebound. When u are relying on Meeks, duhon, hill, and Morris for bench PTs, you are screwed.

They desperately miss Lamar odom, he's doing wonders for the clips 2nd squad.

Avery Johnson.... Fired. Bad year for black coaches.

First Mike Smith and now this .... Haha
    Last edited by purekane; 12-27-2012 at 01:13 PM.
    even when I'm far away from home i can see Cali with my eyes closed

Avery Johnson got fired because Deron Williams can't shoot a basketball well anymore, that's the life of an NBA coach.

People may not realize it but Williams has been terrible since Jerry Sloan quit, hell he can't even hit 40% of his shots.

People put way too much stock in assist totals, especially for guys that always handle the ball. If you have the ball in your hands 90% of possessions and your team averages around 100 points a game, you should average 8+ assists right?

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

Dwill is playing like **** this year. Westbrook has a better fg% and apg.
    http://forums.mmaweekly.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=13630&dateline=141504  6931
    Crafting your identity since '14
    Currently on tap:
    Vanilla/Coconut Porter
    Brown Ale

Quote Originally Posted by srdafish View Post
    Avery Johnson got fired because Deron Williams can't shoot a basketball well anymore, that's the life of an NBA coach.

People may not realize it but Williams has been terrible since Jerry Sloan quit, hell he can't even hit 40% of his shots.

People put way too much stock in assist totals, especially for guys that always handle the ball. If you have the ball in your hands 90% of possessions and your team averages around 100 points a game, you should average 8+ assists right?
    Williams is playing like sh!t because Avery has 2 problems as a Coach:

1. He was trying to be everyone's buddy instead of a Coach

2. His playcalling x/o's sucked

There is talent on that team but the Coach is there for a reason - to make sure everyone is doing what they are supposed to be doing. Avery was so busy trying to be one of the guys that he forgot that he is supposed to be the whip when the team is dragging and the carrot when they are running high.

Bottom line is he got what he deserved and hopefully they get someone in there that will actually install an offense that takes advantage of Dwill's abilities. He's not Kobe...but Avery played him out there like he was. Stupid.

Deron Williams is playing like **** because he isn't the same player he was pre wrist surgery. Not sure how anybody can blame a coach for a player's shooting % to drop almost 10 %, 3-5% I could see but Williams was consistently over 47% for his career and now as a Net he's 35, 40, 39.

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

+ Reply to Thread