+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 140 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 NBA Discussion thread

Harden coming back to Earth big time...although that twisted ankle he had against the Trailblazers the other night isn't helping the cause. The Rockets need to find another scoring option or just take Harden out for a game or two to get his ankle back up to par. Someone send a memo out to Lin that the high dribble still hasn't been fixed - you aren't the biggest guy to begin with and dribbling the ball up that high is just begging for the guy defending you to take it.

Still fun to watch them play though - one or two more pieces added after this year and this team could make some noise. Right now just not enough scoring punch when Harden goes out.
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion

MMAWeekly Elite mattydeathmetal's Avatar

Faried is the man but holy crap am i laughing my ass off about his wide open missed dunk hahahahaha

the Celtics defense blows.

we all know they will figure it out and at worst get the 6th seed for playoff time but it is difficult as hell watching them lose to sub-par squads.

It figures Phil Jackson wants to come back and coach the Lakers. He's got his 2 top 10 players in the NBA all set and ready to go

Quote Originally Posted by Murphs56 View Post
    It figures Phil Jackson wants to come back and coach the Lakers. He's got his 2 top 10 players in the NBA all set and ready to go
    yep i will never discredit the fact that he has won more championships than Red, but it does come along with a big ass "bitch please" asterisk.

Quote Originally Posted by mattydeathmetal View Post
    yep i will never discredit the fact that he has won more championships than Red, but it does come along with a big ass "bitch please" asterisk.
    That's why I respect coaches like Adelman and Karl...Been dealt some tough situations in their careers and while they haven't won the titles, they win games and enjoy teaching young players...****, if there was no Phil Jackson, Adelman would've won plenty of titles in Portland and Sacramento
    Last edited by Murphs56; 11-10-2012 at 02:26 AM.

He definitely walked into some championship ready teams but managed to get them over the hump with his ego management style. I give as much credit for those rings to Tex Winters and his triangle offense. Bottom line is you cannot sneer at all the rings...but I do agree with you that there is that kind of factor sitting there where you just want to tell him "lets see you build a team from scratch and win a ring you giant remora"
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion

I'm too young, and you're too young, but didn't red have bill Russell and other hof-ers on his squad.

And red won when there wasn't that much competition.

Quote Originally Posted by ocmmafan View Post
    Huh? Having the lowest scoring Laker team in 10 years after 5 games means the offense is fine? Interesting take.

There is absolutely no reason to sign Steve Nash if you are going to say he is not going to handle or distribute the ball. The Lakers defense was fine last year and they ADDED Dwight Howard. Brown over-coached a team that didn't need it because he is a moron. Getting whooped by Dallas after they were a disaster in the pre-season spelled the end for Brown right away. If you have Kobe and a dominant inside presence of Gasol and Howard, why the fck would you get Nash and then implement a system where he cannot create? If Steve Blake is your PG then yeah, it makes sense but not when you have dynamic players.
    their offense was 6th in efficiency, the defense was 23rd.
    Supporting Zuffa....the only promotion spending money to further the sport.

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

Phil or Not, The heat is repeating this year. Howard will be easy target to fouls in the post with lebron and wade attacking the basket constantly. nash and kobe will guard ****. Wade and lebron will vanish howard into fouling out at least 2 games in the series
    Last edited by machete; 11-10-2012 at 02:58 PM.

+ Reply to Thread