+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Early national champions

The way Bama's O-Line took over that game late was very fun to watch. I cannot believe Georgia didn't clock the ball with 15 seconds left. That's time for two plays. Instead he rushes them to the line, runs it down to 8 seconds, and throws a pass that wasn't getting caught, even if it doesn't get tipped at the line.

Georgia could have played better, but Alabama deserved the win. They've had some "off" moments this season, but it's hard to deny them another shot. Most of the resentment comes from the Obama-esq treatment they get in sports media. I wanted Georgia to win ONLY because the guys on TV were openly rooting for Alabama all night long. It's embarrassing and I'd love to hear Herbstreet rationalize a 2-loss season for the NFL caliber dream team and argue for them to still get a title shot.

KState looked much better after their week off and easily dispatched a solid Texas squad. Unfortunate hicuup at Baylor or they're in the dance. Baylore kept the fire going and took out a flat OK State team that looked hungover from that fantastic Bedlam OT thriller. OU looked pretty flat as well, and was fortunate to come away with a win and a share of the Big XII title. They could see an at large BCS bid, but looking at the series of squeekers vs. WVU, OSU, and TCU leaves some serous room for doubt concerning their defense and ability (now and historically) to win big games.

Nebraska has maybe the biggest meltdown I've seen all year. I don't even want to talk about that mess. You're looking at a top 10 ranking and a BCS berth and you roll out there in the season finale and give up 70 pts to an unranked team? Good lord, son!

It doesn't matter about winning in big games and what not to get into a BCS Bowl game.

All that matters is how well you travel to destinations (and OU travels well), but the bigger issue is whether all the BCS Bowl Bids available are taken.

We know the MNC is Alabama and Notre Dame.
    We know that the Sugar Bowl will be Florida vs whoever.
    We know that the Rose Bowl will be Stanford vs Wisconsin (yikes!)
    We know that the Orange Bowl will be Florida State vs whoever.
    We know that the Fiesta Bowl will be Kansas State vs whoever.

Now there's a bunch of like other tie-ins that I forget. Louisville needs to go as the Big East representative. No more SEC teams can go to a BCS Bowl since Alabama and Florida are in. If Northern Illinois or Boise State ends up in the top 16 of the BCS they get to go to a BCS Bowl Game too (which is why Bob Stoops voted NIU #24 in the Coaches Poll..). Oregon will definitely go to a BCS Bowl.
    Last edited by XFactah416; 12-02-2012 at 03:59 PM.

You know Oregon is going to play in the Fiesta against Kstate. That's almost guaranteed. It would be awesome to see Oregon play Florida but that's not the game we will get and instead they will get a much lower ranked team to pad their record against.

Georgia CAN'T play in a BCS game, but Northern Illinois can.

I'm normally for the small schools busting into the BCS but this is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by what the? View Post
    Georgia CAN'T play in a BCS game, but Northern Illinois can.

I'm normally for the small schools busting into the BCS but this is a joke.
    Its still a maximum of 2 schools per conference. If the get rid of the rule and maintain the ridiculous ranking system we will see 4 SEC teams in the BCS every year and not many want that either.

Quote Originally Posted by ocmmafan View Post
    Its still a maximum of 2 schools per conference. If the get rid of the rule and maintain the ridiculous ranking system we will see 4 SEC teams in the BCS every year and not many want that either.
    I'm not an SEC nuthugger or anything, hell I'm a Penn State fan for crying out loud, and have been my whole life. But they need to drop that 2 team rule ASAP. And if there are 6 SEC teams playing in BCS games every year, then so be it, as long as they deserve to be there. And I also dislike the whole tie-in system they use. IMO #1 and #2 should play for the national championship, and then teams ranked #3-#10 should play in the 4 BCS games, no matter what conference they come from. I wouldn't even care what team played what, as long as every team in the top 10 got a BCS bowl game.

They would never drop the 2 team rule.

The BC$ is about $$$$ and if the SEC gets all of the money, then what the hell?

Just looking over the bowl selections you've got to be pretty disappointed I think. I can't remember a time when I was looking forward to so FEW bowl match-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomet3 View Post
    Just looking over the bowl selections you've got to be pretty disappointed I think. I can't remember a time when I was looking forward to so FEW bowl match-ups.
    I agree. Wisconsin/Stanford, and Florida State/Norther Illinois, no interest in them whatsoever. And with a lot of good teams missing out on BCS bowl games because of the 2 team rule and all the tie-in rules, a lot of the bigger non-BCS bowls are total mismatches IMO, at least on paper.

+ Reply to Thread