+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Early national champions

Wow

Baylor is up 21 - 7 over Kansas state

Oregon playing like **** and losing 7-0 to stanford

Kansas St. got throttled. They ended up losing by 30 and, honestly, it could have been worse. That's the worst game they've played in 2 or 3 years. Just got rattled early and never recovered. Baylor played out of their heads.

So, #1 falls.

Oregon looked completely lost. They were lucky to put 14 pts on the board tonight. WTF is that about? Yeesh. Stanford played a very nice game, but nothing phenomenal. Oregon was just bad.

So, #2 falls.

ND will likely take the top spot, but does anyone really believe they're the best team in the nation?

LSU looked bad and was fortunate to beat an unranked opponent on a last second TD.
    OU looked bad and was fortunate to beat an unranked opponent on a last second TD.

Man, I don't know . . . it's the wild fucking west out here.

Get ready for Alabama to shoot back up and be in the title game. As teams around the country are finding out...its one thing to chase that top spot. Quite another living in it. Only wild card in all this now is Notre Dame. All they have to do is win next week and they will be in it. Who shows up against them...well you know how the voters like themselves some SEC. If I was Notre Dame I would be pissed at both KSU and OU....think with their D they could of beat either of them. But Alabama is something Notre Dame will have serious issues with.

Seriously cannot wait until they have playoffs. All this insanity going on in college football is just begging for it...
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion
    The Underdog Challenge X: Champion

Quote Originally Posted by (v2)ROVPitViper View Post
    Get ready for Alabama to shoot back up and be in the title game. As teams around the country are finding out...its one thing to chase that top spot. Quite another living in it. Only wild card in all this now is Notre Dame. All they have to do is win next week and they will be in it. Who shows up against them...well you know how the voters like themselves some SEC. If I was Notre Dame I would be pissed at both KSU and OU....think with their D they could of beat either of them. But Alabama is something Notre Dame will have serious issues with.

Seriously cannot wait until they have playoffs. All this insanity going on in college football is just begging for it...
    Alabama will be in the title game. They'll throttle Georgia most likely. Aaron Murray has never impressed me going against great teams.

I was right about Stanford's score.. but never did I expect Oregon to get 14 points. Very surprising.

Honestly, if Notre Dame slips to USC (probably not), I could see an Alabama vs Florida MNC game if Florida wins out. I would suspect that Florida would end up #2 in the human polls if this happens.

Ohio State pickeda reeeeally bad year to be on probation.

If Notre Dame loses to USC we could be stuck watching Bama destroy a very, very overrated Florida team for the national championship. The inflated rankings of good not great SEC teams will be shown as the biggest joke in sports if we have to see that crap.

Notre dame beats USC - it will be Bama vs Notre Dame.
    If Notre Dame loses to USC, it will be Bama vs Florida
    If Notre Dame loses to USC and if Florida loses to Florida State, I think it will be Bama vs Oregon

If Georgia somehow beats Bama then replace Georgia for Bama in all the above.
    Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away. ~Elvis

A ND loss that sets that up might be the fast-track to a true playoff system that we've all been waiting for as I think Bama crushing Fla by 30 in yet another uninteresting all-SEC title game would finally bring the curtain down and expose the hype.

Just did some digging on Ole Miss . . who went toe-to-toe with LSU for the entire game and lost with mere seconds to go in the 4th. I can't find a single poll that has them ranked in the top . . . FIFTY (50). Yet, eeking out a miracle W will KEEP LSU in the top 5. It's LOL city up in here with this mess.

You get a hail mary win over #57 and you stay in the top 5.

You lose to #2 by a field goal and you hurdle down to the mid teens.

It's really getting a bit silly.

All Ws and all Ls are not the same. Or, apparently, they are.

#DoneWiffRankings

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomet3 View Post
    Ohio State pickeda reeeeally bad year to be on probation.
    Won't matter after next Saturday anyway!
    Jon Jones is the real deal. I Sven, beg for forgiveness from Mr. Bones for ever doubting him. Thanks for setting me straight Smoke!

Doesn't matter now.

So ND and Bama in the driver's seats. Both have one significant opponent reamining.

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomet3 View Post
    Doesn't matter now.

So ND and Bama in the driver's seats. Both have one significant opponent reamining.
    Not that I think it matters, but Barkley supposedly isn't playing next weekend either. We'll see if the #1 rank gets to ND or not...
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion
    The Underdog Challenge X: Champion

+ Reply to Thread