+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Early national champions

Quote Originally Posted by Daywork View Post
    Oh Ocmmafan.. E high five on the Aggie win
    Yeah, awesome. My brother had the moneyline at +400 for $100 but I didnt touch that and stuck with the 14.5.

I did get on Boston College plus 21.5 (bought a point) and have Cal plus 31.5 (bought half point) and over 67. Its been a good gambling day outside of the Kstate over (which I also liked alot).

I took Idaho plus 40 and over 51 with the logic that if they score one TD I can either go 1-1 or 2-0. Well, they scored a TD but will probably lose by 50, lol.
    Last edited by ocmmafan; 11-10-2012 at 10:48 PM.
    Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away. ~Elvis

Just pointing out that the almighty Ducks are having a hell of a time right now with lowly Cal - just goes to show that matchups dictate games and how they turn out. And that Oregon would have a hell of a time with Alabama...especially since their defense isn't very good. Any team can look bad one week and a world beater the next...
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion
    The Underdog Challenge X: Champion

Quote Originally Posted by (v2)ROVPitViper View Post
    Just pointing out that the almighty Ducks are having a hell of a time right now with lowly Cal - just goes to show that matchups dictate games and how they turn out. And that Oregon would have a hell of a time with Alabama...especially since their defense isn't very good. Any team can look bad one week and a world beater the next...
    yeah, remember two years ago Cal totally shut them down? Weird. And their QB just got hurt so this could get interesting. Tough to keep winning road games but Oregon usually turns it up a notch in the 2nd half
    Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away. ~Elvis

Well, Oregon runs away with it, winning 59-17. Oregon's fast, break neck pace wears down opponents as well.

BCS will have Kansas St. #1, Oregon #2, Notre Dame #3. Eventually I would suspect that Oregon will be #1 with an undefeated season, but 1 or 2 doesn't really matter in the BCS. Just don't be #3.

Quote Originally Posted by XFactah416 View Post
    Well, Oregon runs away with it, winning 59-17. Oregon's fast, break neck pace wears down opponents as well.

BCS will have Kansas St. #1, Oregon #2, Notre Dame #3. Eventually I would suspect that Oregon will be #1 with an undefeated season, but 1 or 2 doesn't really matter in the BCS. Just don't be #3.
    Oregon + 8 vs Bama next Saturday. Who do you take and why??

Quote Originally Posted by ocmmafan View Post
    I take Bama. Oregon's defense is terrible and Bama's running game would murder them into submission. Oregon relies heavily on scoring quickly and being way ahead. Alabama uses ball control and constant pounding to make an already weak defense so tired that they cannot lift their arms by the end of the game while keeping Oregon's offense on the sidelines. Also Bama's schedule has been way tougher than anything Oregon has had to face and they will be more ready for the big game moments.
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion
    The Underdog Challenge X: Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ocmmafan View Post
    Really tough to predict, but right now I'd take Oregion . . . but that's a pretty good line (+8). I wouldn't touch +11. I bet it looks a lot like the A&M game, with Oregon blazing out to an early 3 or 4 score lead and then Bama getting used to the tempo and settling in for the 2nd half, closing the gap, and making it interesting late. Probably a 7 to10 pt win for Oregon after being up 28 early.

Shouldn't we be talking about who will win between Oregon vs K state? now

A week from now and Oregon getting 8 points? Yeah, I'd take Oregon. Alabama had serious trouble with the spread and an athletic quarterback.

A month+ of preparation? I'm taking Alabama. Nick Saban's preparation is second to none.

However, if two of KState / Oregon / ND lose, Alabama will be back in the title game most likely with a win over Georgia.

Alabama also bit on misdirection and fakes a lot. Fake slot pass then release an inside reciever or tight end. They bit every time.

And A&M is not stacked with athletes. They're very good; but they're not Oregon. They don't have a Blackmon or Crabtree or Broyles out there making jaw-dropping plays. What they do have is the tempo, balance, unpredictibility, and grit to give SEC-style, line-up-and-smash schools trouble and we've seen that all season when the mediocre Big 12 school walks into the great hall of defensive supremicy and averages 45 pts a game going (likely) 10-2 with only a 3 pt loss and a 5 pt loss, both to top 10 teams. A&M is a field goal and a hail mary away from being undefeated right now in the SEC.

+ Reply to Thread