+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 US Presidential Election thread

Quote Originally Posted by xxxVALETUDOxxx View Post
    So who is in the potential line up in 4 years from now?
    Megan Fox .
    "It's hell being a straight white man in America these days." 50% of the posters on this board.

There are a lot of fantastic libertarian candidates out there. Ron and Rand and Gary are doing a great job of networking and keeping tabs on peopole nation wide. They also have an on-going lawsuit against the election board for not allowing Gary into the final presidential debates. Seeing a well-spoken, clear libertarian in those debates would be a game changer. It would be shocking. See a Rand Paul go out there to the LEFT of Obama on social issues and to the RIGHT of Romney on fiscal issues. People would literally shjt. What the FUCK is a libertarian? Why haven't I heard of this?

Here's what I would do if I were the Speaker of the House:

We're ready to compromise. So, Obama promised to reduce the debt. When he shows me his plan that the CBO agrees will reduce the debt by (fill in the blank %) I will pass it as-is and we'll support him 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomet3 View Post
    There are a lot of fantastic libertarian candidates out there. Ron and Rand and Gary are doing a great job of networking and keeping tabs on peopole nation wide. They also have an on-going lawsuit against the election board for not allowing Gary into the final presidential debates. Seeing a well-spoken, clear libertarian in those debates would be a game changer. It would be shocking. See a Rand Paul go out there to the LEFT of Obama on social issues and to the RIGHT of Romney on fiscal issues. People would literally shjt. What the FUCK is a libertarian? Why haven't I heard of this?
    Too much national money against the Libertarians from too many different parties and special interests. The Libertarians need to grow on the local levels more before mounting a campaign on the national level. They need to show a track record within the party, when right now the country doesn't have too much to look at. In other words, drop the national candidate so they stop taking votes, help one of the two big parties get their person in office so they can then get the backing to get the local/state offices. Then turn around and when they have the infrastructure, political, and economic capital, move forward to the national stage.

That's mostly what they're doing right now. There are more libertarian or like-minded members of congress now than at any time in my life. And the more the major parties continue to fuck up, the better and stronger we look.

That's mostly what they're doing right now. There are more libertarian or like-minded members of congress now than at any time in my life. And the more the major parties continue to fuck up, the better and stronger we look.
    Disgaree. Hitler came to power because while the majority of germans opposed the Nazi party, they were split into too many parties and the nazis initially came to power with something like 30% support. The other 70% pretty much agreed that Hitler was the worst possible choice but they couldnt unite and the Nazis did. Libertarians should just try to gain power within the republican party and stop cutting off their country's nose to spite its face. As the libertarian party grows, it only throws more power to the democrats. A vote for libertarian candidates is a vote for more government at the hands of liberals and you shouldn't be fooled into thinking otherwise. You can vote for your "principles" and that's all good but understand what you are doing. Repub and democrat are the only actual choices and whatever choice you make benefits one of the two
    If Frank Mir had been in PRIDE he would be the GOAT

Every libertarian candidate that I refer to as being recently elected to congress did so as a republican, Rand Paul, Ron Paul, and Gary Johnson all ran as republicans, too. What we typically see, rather than a true libertairan candidate, is just an odd-ball republican who is radical left on social issues and radical right on fiscal issues, but still manages to win debates, raise money, and garner lots of support dispite being mocked and dismissed by the media at every opportunity.

Every libertarian candidate that I refer to as being recently elected to congress did so as a republican, Rand Paul, Ron Paul, and Gary Johnson all ran as republicans, too. What we typically see, rather than a true libertairan candidate, is just an odd-ball republican who is radical left on social issues and radical right on fiscal issues, but still manages to win debates, raise money, and garner lots of support dispite being mocked and dismissed by the media at every opportunity.
    I'm surprised you support Rand Paul for President. Your big thing about holding Romney's religious views against him because he'll assign like-minded judges, you don't do against Rand Paul? Hell Paul has used his religion in his stump speeches almost as much as Santorum.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackel585 View Post
    I'm surprised you support Rand Paul for President. Your big thing about holding Romney's religious views against him because he'll assign like-minded judges, you don't do against Rand Paul? Hell Paul has used his religion in his stump speeches almost as much as Santorum.
    Romney's religion was the least of my worries. Romney supported massive, centralized funding for education, and defense, blustered about a trade war with China, and was so hawkish on Iran it made me uncomfortable.

Aside from that, I'm not totally out of line withRomeny's views on abortion. I'm closer to him than I am to many on the left who seem to think ripping a viable fetus from the womand administering a lethal injection is akin to having a mole removed.

I also think Romney's previous exploits with a federalist style of governing (social healthcare was ok in Mass, but not for everyone) is really encouraging and should he be persuaded to expand that position to include social issues I'd have little beef with Romney socially (re: religion).

I know Ron, Rand, and Gary to be federalists so it's not an issue how they personally feel about social issues since they have no intention of forcing those views upon an unwiling continent, which is the complete OPPOSITE of what Obama and most liberals will do/are doing.

Can you name one social issue that has be forced upon you, requiring any actual change in your behavior?

+ Reply to Thread