+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 US Presidential Election thread

Quote Originally Posted by BJPENNSTATE View Post
    you guys made it like he didnt do anything in the 4 years and just ate fried chicken and play basketball.

racists gonna race.
    They are not saying that at all. They are saying all the people who voted for Obama did though.
    He almost never knows what the **** he's talking about it, which explains why his 'opinions' are always so ****ed up.

He's a 10 year old who memorizes information intended for intelligent adults. He doesn't understand what he knows.

-Vlad on JackelSporty

mmaweekly's first diss rap! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzNE3...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by math is hard View Post
    Hold on, are you now pretending that you didn't even say this?
    Yes he is, and I don't think that he is really embracing the martial arts way of life.
    He almost never knows what the **** he's talking about it, which explains why his 'opinions' are always so ****ed up.

He's a 10 year old who memorizes information intended for intelligent adults. He doesn't understand what he knows.

-Vlad on JackelSporty

mmaweekly's first diss rap! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzNE3...ature=youtu.be

The cool thing about having a black pres is that some (not all) white folk can pretend to be oppressed.

(See ol'miss)

Even Joseph Smith didn't want Romney though. I mean, he sent out Sandy before election day

to prove a point. How do you feel about FEMA Mr. Candidate?

The second term was a pull up jumper that hit nothing

but mitt.....I meant net.
    Last edited by purekane; 11-09-2012 at 02:18 PM. Reason: pun intended

Quote Originally Posted by ocmmafan View Post
    Just wondering:

For the Obama fans, what did Obama actually do that has improved the US since GW Bush left office? Bush was a strongly disliked President on both sides of the aisle and he gets no pass for his outrageous spending, but what are the specific areas where Obama came in and made true on his claims of Hope and Change?

How are we in a better position today than 4 years ago that you can attribute to President Obama?
    I'm not a fan, so this doesn't really apply to me, but I'm going to answer it anyway

Nothing

Nothing changed. Nor would it have if McCain was in office

You guys give way too much credit and way too much blame to the person in that position. Do you really think he makes policy? Comes up with these numbers? Thinks up these programs? Makes these decisions? There are people in place that do all that already. The president is basically a relay system, for the real decision makers. Someone to blame

It's a trade-off. They get the job and do 4-8 years of taking crap, and then they're set for life afterwards
    Last edited by PatSox; 11-09-2012 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by math is hard View Post
    Hold on, are you now pretending that you didn't even say this?
    I'm not pretending I didn't say that. I did say that but I also said I would focus solely on the idea of an aptitude test. I can focus on that point as well but for the time being I was shelving this discussion. I was refering to the fact that you equated an aptitude test to meaning I hate poor people or group x, y, z. Those were two seperate issues that we were discussing.

...... I will return to this later.
    Last edited by Floyd1982; 11-09-2012 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johncfc View Post
    Yes he is, and I don't think that he is really embracing the martial arts way of life.
    Yawn dude.... Yawn..........

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd1982 View Post
    Yawn dude.... Yawn..........
    I've heard of him. He runs a Tae Kwon Do school in Orange County

John was wrong about you

Quote Originally Posted by BJPENNSTATE View Post
    you guys made it like he didnt do anything in the 4 years and just ate fried chicken and play basketball.

racists gonna race.
    On top of being intellectually challenged, race-baiters are always racist themselves.

All of the people who are trying to throw racism into this election really do demonstrate a sad reality of a crippled nation. I feel sorry for anyone who has a brain that works like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd1982 View Post
    I'm not pretending I didn't say that. I did say that but I also said I would focus solely on the idea of an aptitude test. I can focus on that point as well but for the time being I was shelving this discussion. I was refering to the fact that you equated an aptitude test to meaning I hate poor people or group x, y, z. Those were two seperate issues that we were discussing.

I still think people on entitlements that are not being productive members of our society should not get to vote for someone that will promise them more. Just like a prisoner isn't allowed to vote. There are many reasons why they can't (economics, transportation, mass movements to and from voting "booths") but one that is pertinent to this discussion is bias towards a state official allowing reprieves. Before you even start in about how a person on entitlements aren't the same as a prisoner, we are all aware of that but in this case, I am simply illustrating a point about extreme bias. You simply cannot compare a tax-cut for a rich guy to someone on an entitlment voting based on more entitlements.

There is no undeniably right in our constitution that states voting rights are protected for all people, it simply states discrimination on the grounds of race, color, gender, age etc. is unconstitutional. The states can deny the right to vote for other reasons. In this case, my opinion is this should be a criteria...

Also, people on entitlements can certainly vote, when they are no longer receiving government money. If the government is taking care of me, who am I to demand who I want in office? You can't receive a charity and then bitch b/c you don't like the fact that someone might not give you another check.

Perhaps it seems harsh but I think my belief stems from our already broken entitlement system that doesn't help people, it pulls people down. It is now easier to throw your hands in the air and say "I quit, Big Brother, take care of me" then it is to work your way out of the hole. Do some people still use the system correctly? Of course but given the current structure of the programs, that is more to do with the person's character than the system. I understand my opinion is not a popular one and I'm okay with that, you don't have to agree and I certainly won't be lobbying for this to happen, it is simply an opinion that may be radically conservative.
    your idea to restrict the right to vote from those receiving entitlements is idiotic, moronic, retarded, and every other synonym to stupid out there. Who the **** are you to tell the war veteran who fought for his country, came back injured, and is now receiving disability benefits that he cannot vote? Or the person who worked their entire life, paid into the system and is now receiving social security? Or anyone else who got badly injured or sick and is receiving disability benefits? Or the person who worked for 20 years, lost their job, and is now receiving unemployment benefits? Or the person who lost their home to some natural disaster and is now receiving food stamps?

Lets talk about who actually receives "entitlements", who are these lazy asses according to you.

29% of households had someone receiving medicare benefits. 31% of households had at least someone receiving social security. So we are talking about senior citizens for the most part here. There is a big overlap of course between those receiving social security and those receiving medicare. So if it were up to you, none of these seniors who for years paid into the system should be allowed to vote.

the next group are the ones who receives benefits because of a means test (poverty test), and 27% of the total populate received at least one of these. we are talking about Medicaid-19% of the population, food stamps-13% and subsidized lunches-11%. It doesn't mean that all of these people aren't working but it does mean that they aren't making much money.

the other entitlements are public housing- 5% of the population, unemployment- 4% of the population, veteran's comp-2.5%.
    7% of the population receives welfare.

More importantly, 75% of all entitlements go towards either the elderly or the disabled. most of the rest go towards working families. Only 9% of all entitlements go towards non-elderly, non disabled households who aren't working, with most of those benefits being either unemployment insurance or health care.

so before saying stupid things, you should first actually do a little research on what entitlements are and who is receiving them.

your idea of entitlements sounds like its only the healthy people who aren't working or trying to find a job.

your opinion isn't radically conservative, its radically ignorant

+ Reply to Thread