+ Reply to Thread
Page 596 of 599 FirstFirst ... 96 496 546 586 594 595 596 597 598 ... LastLast
Results 5,951 to 5,960 of 5984

Thread: Lets go Uptown: Real Football Talk

Quote Originally Posted by reezykeezy View Post
    quit pulling a "jackal" on us telling us all about "what you plan on doing" and lets see hear some insight murf!
    HA I'm sure everyone who knows me knows where I stand in a game involving B-More and Joe Flacco. I've only spent 30% of this thread pumping both up. The Ravens were my beginning of the season pick to win the SB the past 2 seasons. My thinking on the AFC is that when it comes down to it - you have to beat the Steelers or the Pats - and the Ravens matchup well with both. I actually felt the Broncos having to play the Pats which I thought the Broncos would lose. The Texans I felt would be in the mix - but they are a couple of offensive pieces away...

But anyway - tough break for you. You said your team would be in the mix - and both of y'all backed it up~ Great season - and y'all are just getting started.....But so are them Hawks baby!!!

Niners needs: Another outside receiving threat. Crabtree is becoming a legit top 10 player - if they had a Torry Smith style player(#2 receiver) on their team out wide - that would pretty much guarantee a top 3 offense. Maybe Manningham can be that but he wasn't even that in New York. Cruz came and took his whole life! Moss needs to go to another team. AJ Jenkins needs to prove his worth. He has Torrey Smith type athleticism - but that is a hard coach to play for. Kendyl Hunter needs to come back healthy - as I believe he has a lot more power than Lamichael James while being just as quick. After Gore had that long run - they needed to follow it up with power...

Defense: I think they could use atleast 2 more corners. I think Culliver has a lil bit of talent - but having this bad of a week professionally and in the game could be trouble for his psyche. Tarell Brown is trash like I stated in the offseason. Rogers is good but not great. I think last season was a better year for him. He has to be 30 by now - he was on that undeafeated 2004 Auburn team and he was a senior.

Front 7 was fine - it may be more of a scheme thing like you stated Reezy. The reason they don't blitz is because you put more pressure on those CB's. When you can get pressure with that front 4 - it masks weak corners like the New York Giants...I'm not worried one bit about the 9ers they will be there for the next decade on some Patriots shiit.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Crown View Post
    ^^^ that is the sickest GIF ever hahaha.

Oh, and Fish's luck just keeps getting worse. AP beats out Peyton for MVP, and Watt beats out Miller for Defensive Player of the Year. Although they did give Peyton Comeback PotY. Which is a fuccin joke. If a guy coming off a MAJOR injury wins League MVP, how does he not win Comeback PotY? Because God forbid Peyton Manning doesn't win an award. He's in 83,754,129 commercials during every NFL game, and choked as usual in the playoffs, gotta give him something.
    Man I hope you don't make Fish turn a gun on himself! lol

As for the MVP and CPOTY - they are way different. Peterson actually played last season for 12 games and was 30 yds short of 1,000 yds...You know how many yards Peyton had my dude? The same as you and I...I think he definitely deserved the CBPOTY...The MVP was debatable as you can see the diff Peyton made on that team - which goes beyond wins and losses. The offense was one of the worst I'd ever seen - take most of the same talent and become one of the best. Peyton clearly did that. Same for Peterson.

And yes I know the Broncos won a playoff game last season - but two totally different teams under two totally different circumstances. Last season Broncos team wasn't going to beat this Ravens team imo..

And to say coming off a major injury - his injury wasn't career threatening at all in regards to Peterson. Welker did it in the same exact time frame - and Jamaal Charles had like 1300 yds coming off the same injury where his was a non contact tear - which is scarier. But to each their own. Ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Crown View Post
    ^^^ that is the sickest GIF ever hahaha.

Oh, and Fish's luck just keeps getting worse. AP beats out Peyton for MVP, and Watt beats out Miller for Defensive Player of the Year. Although they did give Peyton Comeback PotY. Which is a fuccin joke. If a guy coming off a MAJOR injury wins League MVP, how does he not win Comeback PotY? Because God forbid Peyton Manning doesn't win an award. He's in 83,754,129 commercials during every NFL game, and choked as usual in the playoffs, gotta give him something.
    I have never seen someone be as wrong predicting an NFL season as Fish did this year. I didn't think it was possible to be that wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by limelight543 View Post
    Yup if u look i edited it and listed a bunch of them XD. Yes Tennypenny is a bama commit and wont be changing he commited like as soon as saban let him. Bilema isnt stealing a RB from Saban.

Gave game film of Tennpenny.

Kamara is a lean to the Tide atm UGA not too far in 2nd place.
    Good call on signing day bro. I was driving by Norcross High on my way to work at like 2 something - saw all the news vans and stuff...Just read he signed with Bama - not so sure why now. Bama is stacked at RB - I wonder if Kamara can play receiver!?! Feels good to see Gwinnett County schools getting that notoriety with Nkemdiche and Kamara..My High School "Brookwood" - developed a new rivalry with Nkemdiche's school which is kinda new to Gwinnett. They even made rap diss songs about each other that were featured on Alanta news. Nkemdiche is in the Grayson video.

They fired the first shot - pretty good diss track by the Rams of Grayson

Brookwood crushed them! I'm proud of these little dudes - Wasn't too many ppl rapping in our area before I came around a decade ago from Norcross to Brookwood...Uptown Murf a suburban high school pioneer! haha
    Last edited by d3murf; 02-06-2013 at 09:35 PM.

Karma will be used as a change of pace back and a lot as a slot guy he will be used well there. I was pumped about UF's signing day was in Gainsville at the time got to talk to Kelvin and Fred Taylor. UF will be challenging bama next year. The DL haul for both schools is crazy

Karma will be used as a change of pace back and a lot as a slot guy he will be used well there. I was pumped about UF's signing day was in Gainsville at the time got to talk to Kelvin and Fred Taylor. UF will be challenging bama next year. The DL haul for both schools is crazy
    Man Fred Taylor is one of my all time fav players!! He was like the original Adrian Peterson with the size/speed/power/elusiveness combination!!

As for UF I'm excited about Matt Jones getting to do his thing. If he can take that next step UF will be tough...Him and Kelvin will bring UF running back's back!

Quote Originally Posted by d3murf View Post
    Man Fred Taylor is one of my all time fav players!! He was like the original Adrian Peterson with the size/speed/power/elusiveness combination!!

As for UF I'm excited about Matt Jones getting to do his thing. If he can take that next step UF will be tough...Him and Kelvin will bring UF running back's back!
    I'm a Bullgator(high level donations) So i have a lot invested into the school send them a check once a year well twice 1 for donation and 1 for season tickets. Meet Fred,Spurrier,Meyer(puke),Muschamp, Tebow multiple times, Demps, my friend had classes with rainey drank with him once or twice, Ahern, percy, and Sharrif Floyd a lot this year 3 times. Was with a few of them during Sugar Bowl, My co-worker is friends with Ralph Andraea's WR from 2012 and we hung out with them 2 nights before the sugar bowl in NO.

I'm a Bullgator(high level donations) So i have a lot invested into the school send them a check once a year well twice 1 for donation and 1 for season tickets. Meet Fred,Spurrier,Meyer(puke),Muschamp, Tebow multiple times, Demps, my friend had classes with rainey drank with him once or twice, Ahern, percy, and Sharrif Floyd a lot this year 3 times. Was with a few of them during Sugar Bowl, My co-worker is friends with Ralph Andraea's WR from 2012 and we hung out with them 2 nights before the sugar bowl in NO.
    Damn I've met alot of those guys after Falcons games here but the person I'd most like to meet would the 'ol ball coach! That's my dude!!

Yo in this new thread im starting about the off season (Combine, Pro day, Draft, Mini camp etc) I need your help to give some scouting on the UF Players in the draft...
    Last edited by d3murf; 02-13-2013 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by d3murf View Post
    Damn I've met alot of those guys after Falcons games here but the person I'd most like to meet would the 'ol ball coach! That's my dude!!

Yo in this new thread im starting about the off season (Combine, Pro day, Draft, Mini camp etc) I need your help to give some scouting on the UF Players in the draft...
    KK ill look for it.

I just read that Goodell was compensated $30 million as comish in 2011. What a ****in joke.

+ Reply to Thread