+ Reply to Thread
Page 591 of 599 FirstFirst ... 91 491 541 581 589 590 591 592 593 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,910 of 5984

Thread: Lets go Uptown: Real Football Talk

Quote Originally Posted by mmaguru333 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you say Yonda was overrated a few weeks ago when propping up Flacco?
    ?? Why would I say that? Dude is the truth..But here's the quote you are referring too. It was pretty prophetic - maybe Coach Harbaugh read it - and decided to put McKinnie in - in the 16th game...

Quote Originally Posted by d3murf
    Man Cam Cameron the Ravens OC got the boot. This is a weird move - b/c I'm quite sure it wasn't initiated by Head Coach John Harbaugh. Harbaugh and Cameron have over a 15 year relationship atleast. When cam was the Head at Indiana U - Harbaugh was his Special Teams coordinator/DB Coach. I think his recommendation led to John getting that gig with the Eagles.

So this would lead me to believe it was Ozzie Newsome collabing with Flacco. Flacco was already mad that Jim Zorn was let go as QB Coach - and word has it he is not a Cameron fan.

I like Cam's offense, but I'm not sure the Ravens have the personnel for it. They to have the most overrated LT in football. Michael Oher is trash. He's soft as all get out. And his technique is trash. He get's no extention on his punch and doesn't have a counter move for speed rushers with a varied approach. I think he's a decent RT but certainly not "Blind Side material". I never got the hype on him as I watched atleast 15 games of his on his stacked Ole Miss team. (Pat Willis "9ers", Benjarvus Green-Ellis "Bengals", Mike Wallace "Steelers", Dexter McCluster "Chiefs", Brandon Bolden "Pats", Kendrick Lewis "Chiefs" etc I believe that book/movie had people gassed on his actual talent level.
    One of the best LT's in fooball, Bryant Mckinnie, just sits on the Ravens bench b/c him and the staff are at odds. SMH

I maintain that the talent level on the Ravens offense is not quality. Torrey Smith is a great #2 receiver and wold work well with a Larry Fitz/Roddy White type who can be the primary. Quan Boldin is at best a slot guy now. He's inconsistent and lacks athleticism as a #2. The rest of those dudes can shovel snow. Pitta and Dickson at TE are average. Get Flacco some weapons besides Ray Rice. I hope Flacco doesn't go the bulk of his prime with no weapons like Donovan Mcnabb. This is the time to get this guy some real weapons and see what he's made of. It's hard to make chicken salad out of chicken ****. SMH
    And they have made that chicken salad. But for sustained success - please get that man some weapons!!

Quote Originally Posted by limelight543
    All i know is Murf is and will be 100% wrong on Flacco EVER being a ELITE QB he will never be that lol. he will always be one step above average.

all the physical talent in the world has only helped him so much its now up to him to do it and hes not good enough to make that next step.
    lol I like Limelight - but I could do a whole thread on dude having to eat major crow...Not saying Flacco is elite - but it was clear he has the most tools in the toolbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by limelight543 View Post
    So Dmurf what do u have to say about ur elite QB in Flacco? Been great seeing him play terrible last 3 games! He has a terrible Oline but hes also at the best a little bit above Average, Alex Smith is better.
    Easy for the ravens....it starts at the QB Flacco...hes elite in only his mind and his mind is terrible.
    oh BTW the ravens will be lucky to not finish 9-7 this year...the only game i see them having a chance at winning is the Cinncy game. Denver and Giants are going to murder us
    Ravens will finish 9-7 Flacco wont get a contract worth a damn, we will be looking for a new OC, and DC hopefully a new HC.
    Last edited by d3murf; 01-23-2013 at 09:12 AM.

Ray Lewis' first ever sack in the NFL was on who? You guessed it, Jim Harbaugh haha.

Quote Originally Posted by d3murf View Post
    What's bizzare? Flacco has torched the Pats before - and plays well against them as they don't have a legitimate pass rush - and have a bunch of C grade DB's.

And the 9ers also have some C grade Corners - namely Tarell Brown and Chris Culliver the Nickel. Rogers is a B grade but even he can be had - and doesn't locate the ball well for turnovers...The Line of Scrimmage battle - will be interesting. The Ravens O-Line is full of Name brand stars - that have under-performed, but are playing lights out since Bryant Mckinnie had gotten out the dog house and moved into the LT position. This allowed Michael "Blind Side" Oher to play RT like he needs to. It also allowed K. Osemele to move into guard where he's a star. The other Guard Marshall Yanda is one of the best in the league - and the Center Matt Birk is the most accomplished of them all.

So I really don't see anything Bizarre about the 9ers giving up a bunch of pass yards to the best Duo of receivers in the league - and a top 5 pass game on a bad day.

And the Ravens have beaten the Pats plenty of times recently. Blew them out in the playoffs in Foxborough 3 seasons ago.
    OK... I guess it's not bizzare when you see the game like the Matrix. I still don't see

The keys to victory, for either squad here...Neo. Drop some jewels, so I can

clown some of these fraudernick's

NBC News reporting that the family of Junior Seau will be suing the NFL for his brain injuries.

Frank Gore fined $10k for wearing his socks too low. Nice.

The 'Stick..you know, the NFC Championship Game

No Fun League
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveBear View Post
    Iowa B!tch.............you want daddy, you got him...ima Beat your punk azz...then make you lick my taint for good measure. /Video will ensue

Quote Originally Posted by reezykeezy View Post
    No Fun League
    I've seen players fined for some pretty dumb $hit in the past, but this one may take the cake. Goodell is so fukced up with these ridiculous fines and rule changes, but couldn't care less what people think, because he knows the fans aren't going anywhere. He just wants to make sure he leaves his name on the game when he goes, whether it's for the right reasons or not.

The 'Stick..you know, the NFC Championship Game

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Crown View Post
    I've seen players fined for some pretty dumb $hit in the past, but this one may take the cake. Goodell is so fukced up with these ridiculous fines and rule changes, but couldn't care less what people think, because he knows the fans aren't going anywhere. He just wants to make sure he leaves his name on the game when he goes, whether it's for the right reasons or not.
    I tend to agree with you about him wanting to leave some type of bull**** legacy for whatever reason. We tend to bring him up a lot, about 100% of the time it us talking **** about him and rightfully so. I can't stand any of the big 3 sports Comissioners.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveBear View Post
    Iowa B!tch.............you want daddy, you got him...ima Beat your punk azz...then make you lick my taint for good measure. /Video will ensue

Quote Originally Posted by reezykeezy View Post
    I tend to agree with you about him wanting to leave some type of bull**** legacy for whatever reason. We tend to bring him up a lot, about 100% of the time it us talking **** about him and rightfully so. I can't stand any of the big 3 sports Comissioners.
    Make that Big 4. I'm assuming you were talking about the NFL, NBA, and MLB, but Gary Bettman of the NHL is just as big of a joke as the other 3. If not bigger. He's had 3 lockouts under his watch alone. Although he did make a few rule changes to help promote more scoring, which has drastically improved the sport. Most notably, making the 2-Line-Pass legal. But he's still a joke.

+ Reply to Thread