+ Reply to Thread
Page 589 of 599 FirstFirst ... 89 489 539 579 587 588 589 590 591 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,890 of 5984

Thread: Lets go Uptown: Real Football Talk

Man that move to Caldwell was brilliant as the OC for the Ravens! He adjusts very well in game. Ppl made fun of him bc of last season with the Colts - but those same ppl are now quiet as a church on Tuesday's!

Edit: Bernard Pollard is the Patriot killer!

Tore Brady's ACL

Hurt Gronk last season

KO'd Welker

KO'd Ridley

d3murf - what's the Atlanta RB situation next year? Is burner turner still the lead or is his time about over?

Quote Originally Posted by d3murf View Post
    Man so many ppl were doubting the Ravens and talking big trash all season!!! Some right here in this thread....Acting like this team isn't an elite franchise. I can't wait for this SB man!
    I'll be honest, I've doubted the Ravens all year long, but they've played really well down the stretch; they're a great playoff team and very well coached.

In the NFL, all it takes is getting hot at the right time.

I'm a big time fan of the way both Harbaugh brother's coach their squads; it's gonna be a great Super Bowl!

Quote Originally Posted by ocmmafan View Post
    d3murf - what's the Atlanta RB situation next year? Is burner turner still the lead or is his time about over?
    His time should've been over last year - when he was clearly slowing down. I think it's time to get maybe 2 more RB's in here. I want Marcus Lattimore here if Burner comes back for one more. He can be had maybe in the 3rd rd - and sit out a year to rehab that injury. But we have to get younger and more eplosive at RB. Quizz is a good #2 back - we need a dynamic #1. Baltimore drafting Bernard Pierce is crazy. He's exactly the kind of back that would make this offense unstoppable...The thing is - Falcons relied of Tony G to the point of not drafting a capable backup. So maybe we go TE with the first pick or through free agency. Jermichael Finley wants out of Green Bay? Come down South where the playas play! Or I'd love to see Tyler Eiffert from Notre Dame last to the late first rd...I doubt it though.

The Falcons hang on to players too long - Still not sure why Abraham was brought back - should've pushed hard ofr another DE when it was clear Ray Edwards was a high dollar free agent bust who got cut in the middle of the season. Needed TWO DE's...I want Osi Umenyiora to get a legit look.

ATl needs Corners. RB's, DE's and a real MLB. We had signed Lofa Tatupu but he had a season ending injury in camp that ruined all that.
    Last edited by d3murf; 01-21-2013 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmaguru333 View Post
    In the NFL, all it takes is getting hot at the right time
    I go back and forth on this. You have times where it seems to be the case (Giants last year, Steelers in '05-06, just to name a few, tho there are definitely others), but then you have times when it doesn't work like that. Baltimore, this year, wasn't coming into the playoffs on any type of hot streak. They started the year 9-2, but dropped 3 of their last 5 to end the season. If anything they came into the postseason in a little bit of a slump. So of the final 4 teams in the playoffs this year, none of them came in on fire. Pats, Falcons, and Niners all stayed consistently good all year, and never got into any streaks, and the Ravens, if anything, came in on a slight cold streak. I guess you could make an exception for the Pats, who really got things rolling after a 2-3 start to the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Crown View Post
    I go back and forth on this. You have times where it seems to be the case (Giants last year, Steelers in '05-06, just to name a few, tho there are definitely others), but then you have times when it doesn't work like that. Baltimore, this year, wasn't coming into the playoffs on any type of hot streak. They started the year 9-2, but dropped 3 of their last 5 to end the season. If anything they came into the postseason in a little bit of a slump. So of the final 4 teams in the playoffs this year, none of them came in on fire. Pats, Falcons, and Niners all stayed consistently good all year, and never got into any streaks, and the Ravens, if anything, came in on a slight cold streak. I guess you could make an exception for the Pats, who really got things rolling after a 2-3 start to the year.
    The Ravens were hot - they beat the breaks off the Giants when they absolutely needed to. The Giants needed the game as well. That last game against Cincy didn't count - b/c the starters barely got 1 series - and I don't think they wanted to play Cincy again in the wildcard had they won. The Giants game was the first where the Caldwell play calling really showed up - being his second game. The D got healthy at the right time - and it all came together. Hell there were ppl who thought the Colts would go into Baltimore and win in the wild-card round which was kinda ridiculous. That game also showed to play-calling ability and the emergence of Bernard Pierce in big time spots.

I'm an absolute believer in big wins propelling these wild-card teams. Hell even giving the top team a game - like the Giants did the Pats in the last game of the year in 07. And just like the Giants did the Packers late in the year last season. Once you feel you can play with the best - skies the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by mmaguru333 View Post
    I'll be honest, I've doubted the Ravens all year long, but they've played really well down the stretch; they're a great playoff team and very well coached.

In the NFL, all it takes is getting hot at the right time.

I'm a big time fan of the way both Harbaugh brother's coach their squads; it's gonna be a great Super Bowl!
    Yeah your posts against the Ravens and Flacco told the truth for you - haha...But yeah I love the way both brothers run their teams. I like John's style a lot. And I love the formations and scheme's of Jim. I will study every single formation in the next two weeks.

A little tidbit that's pretty exciting imo. Pep Hamilton the OC at Stanford was just brought in as the replacement for Bruce Arians in Indy!!! That means Andrew will have his Coordinator/QB Coach back that he had his final year at Stanford under Coach Shaw! So get ready for Luck to return to the west coast offense - no more vertical passing game and 5-7 step drops. Time for rhythm passing and run after the catch. I'm excited, as this is the same offense that you see in San Fran with Harbaugh. Time for Luck to get his Steve Young on!!

Quote Originally Posted by d3murf View Post
    A little tidbit that's pretty exciting imo. Pep Hamilton the OC at Stanford was just brought in as the replacement for Bruce Arians in Indy!!! That means Andrew will have his Coordinator/QB Coach back that he had his final year at Stanford under Coach Shaw! So get ready for Luck to return to the west coast offense - no more vertical passing game and 5-7 step drops. Time for rhythm passing and run after the catch. I'm excited, as this is the same offense that you see in San Fran with Harbaugh. Time for Luck to get his Steve Young on!!
    Wow! That's awesome. That means I no longer need to make excuses for him throwing too many interceptions because he probably won't be anymore. They have the V.Davis/Delanie Walker combo with Fleener and Dwayne Allen. All the success to those guys. I've always liked the Colts.
    MMAF: 41-31-3 (2X champ)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMSAYIN
    Can you read? Are you stupid? No.. youre just a big mouth chicken crap piece of crap
    ill take my vid cam to Orlando.. kick his ass. Then post it on my YouTube channel
    I will kick your door down.. kick your ass.. and then let your skank serve me eggs Benedict...in your facking bed
    You suck cock and you.know it. We all know it. The whole board has seen it goofs

^^^ Real Talk From A Real G

Quote Originally Posted by goordie View Post
    Wow! That's awesome. That means I no longer need to make excuses for him throwing too many interceptions because he probably won't be anymore. They have the V.Davis/Delanie Walker combo with Fleener and Dwayne Allen. All the success to those guys. I've always liked the Colts.
    Yes!! That's that west coast thing they developed when they lacked outside threats at Stanford. Imagine this - one of the receivers was Richard Sherman! So they used to run a 3 TE set that was murderous! Allen and Fleener are exactly like Davis and Walker - good call!

And I would have to think the INT's will go down - but he needs some experienced receivers with some size on the outside to battle for balls. Avery and Hilton are speed guys. Wayne is that. Not sure if Collie will ever be the same. They can use one more receiver. And they need atleast 2 more RB's to really run Pep Hamilton's offense! It's a run based scheme.

+ Reply to Thread