+ Reply to Thread
Page 579 of 599 FirstFirst ... 79 479 529 569 577 578 579 580 581 589 ... LastLast
Results 5,781 to 5,790 of 5984

Thread: Lets go Uptown: Real Football Talk

Cleveland stand up!!! Where is my guy Lord Abortion?!?! Where is my dude and pseudo closet Brown fan, Cavebear??

You have got your man!! Get ready for some vertical passing with your new hire Coach Rob Chudzinski!!

Coach Chud was the offensive coordinator for the 07 season that was fun as hell to watch with Derek Anderson, Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow. I think they went 10-6 that year with Derek Anderson going to the pro bowl. Of course he was hired from Carolina being their OC the past 2 years under his good buddy Ron Rivera. Both these guys are Norv Turner disciples and were on the same San Diego staff that went to the AFC Champ game a few seasons ago. Speaking of Norv - it's expected that he will be the OC for Coach Chud!!! Norv is the man! (Shut up OCmmafan! lol) Norv is the master the vertical passing game. Expect big plays to come from this offense. I can actually see them doing very well with Brandon Weeden if they choose to go that route. I think Brandon is better suited forthe vertical game rather than the West Coast sytem.

Coach Chud played Tight End on the championship team at the "The U" back in the day. And coached their with Butch Davis as his offensive coordinator when they played Ohio State in the BCS title game in 01-02. So he's coached pretty much every star to come from The U. He's coached Kellen Winslow, Greg Olsen and Jeremy Shockey - in college and the Pro's...Expect alot of Two Tight End sets.

I'm hearing he might change the D to a 3-4 though - which is kinda weird considering the D as it is - is the best thing about the team. Not sure if they have the pieces to fit a 3-4. I don't think D'Qwell Jackson fits a 3-4 inside linebacker as good as a 4-3 Middle Linebacker. Phil Taylor and Ahtya Rubin are big ass tackles but I think they work best as 3 techniques. (DT's in a 4-3 scheme) But we'll see - I'm mostly interested in this offensive scheme with Chud and Norv..Look out AFC North

d3murf - what the fck are the Chargers thinking in going after jay Gruden? I'm having trouble envisioning some former arena league football guy as my head coach! People love this guy but I don't know. I like the idea that he could be awesome and doesn't have a legacy of mediocore coaching success, but he's pretty unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by ocmmafan View Post
    d3murf - what the fck are the Chargers thinking in going after jay Gruden? I'm having trouble envisioning some former arena league football guy as my head coach! People love this guy but I don't know. I like the idea that he could be awesome and doesn't have a legacy of mediocore coaching success, but he's pretty unknown.
    LOL well in the arena league he was the truth! As a player and a coach! So?!?!

Not sure about that - I wonder if they are using him as leverage. I think people are going young now. The NFL is about trends - and young college coaches/coordinators are en vogue...I wonder why the Chargers aren't interested in Coach Whiz? I think the Chargers are in a similar situation as the Cardinals when coach Whiz took over. I think Whiz works well with Vet Qb's and talented vet teams...

And I think you're selling Jay Gruden short - He was on that Tampa Staff all the time he was in the arena league. They play at different times so he did both. He's an NFL guy - with even more experience than most really. He was year round football.

Quote Originally Posted by d3murf View Post
    LOL well in the arena league he was the truth! As a player and a coach! So?!?!

Not sure about that - I wonder if they are using him as leverage. I think people are going young now. The NFL is about trends - and young college coaches/coordinators are en vogue...I wonder why the Chargers aren't interested in Coach Whiz? I think the Chargers are in a similar situation as the Cardinals when coach Whiz took over. I think Whiz works well with Vet Qb's and talented vet teams...

And I think you're selling Jay Gruden short - He was on that Tampa Staff all the time he was in the arena league. They play at different times so he did both. He's an NFL guy - with even more experience than most really. He was year round football.
    I'm hoping he isn't getting a pedigree shot because he's the big bro of John Gruden. Maybe he has great potential? I'm going to be positive no matter what because I prayed we would fire AJ and Norv and here we are. We can only get better after missing the playoffs for 3 straight.

I'm hoping he isn't getting a pedigree shot because he's the big bro of John Gruden. Maybe he has great potential? I'm going to be positive no matter what because I prayed we would fire AJ and Norv and here we are. We can only get better after missing the playoffs for 3 straight.
    I really like what he did with Andy Dalton. And make no mistake - with him as the OC, the Bengals made the playoffs two years in a row. Give him an offensive talent upgrade like he would get with SD and there's no telling what he can make happen.

I still would like to see a defensive hire in SD. I want to see all that talent put to use on that side of the ball..I'll be mad as hell if Melvin Ingram doesn't develop like I think he should.

An upgrade in offensive talent in San Diego over Cinncy? No way no how does SD have better offensive talent than the Bengals.

Dalton is better than Rivers, AJ Green is far and away the best offensive player on either team. The San Diego WRs are trash. The Bengals have a much better o line.
    Supporting Zuffa....the only promotion spending money to further the sport.

Peyton Freaking Manning

Winning!

where is spazzy keezy btw???

STILL...100% Pure Hellbilly.
    American outlaw, since birth, till death.
    king of the derelicts
    i am honkey kong
    Abortion Inc.

Ba bye, Rainey. Seems like a real scumbag but has potential as a 3rd down back. Oh well.

Steelers waive Chris Rainey
    Updated: January 10, 2013, 5:15 PM ET
    ESPN.com news services

The Pittsburgh Steelers waived running back Chris Rainey on Thursday after he was arrested in Gainesville, Fla., and charged with one count of simple battery after an altercation with a woman over a cellphone earlier in the day.
    "Under the circumstances and due to this conduct, Chris will no longer be a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers," Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert said.

According to a release from the Gainesville police department, officers were called at 8:26 a.m. to an apartment complex on SW 42nd Place regarding an argument between a man and a woman that had turned physical. Witnesses said Rainey and the female accuser were arguing over Rainey's cellphone and Rainey pulled the woman out of a vehicle that belonged to his roommate and then slapped her in the face with an open hand.
    Rainey and the woman fell to the ground, and then Rainey chased the woman and grabbed her bag to retrieve his cellphone, the release said. The two fell again. The release said neither Rainey nor the woman suffered visible injuries.
    Police charged Rainey, a former standout at the University of Florida, with simple battery (dating violence), a first-degree misdemeanor, and he was booked into the Alachua County Jail.
    Pittsburgh selected Rainey in the fifth round of the 2012 draft. He ran for 102 yards and two touchdowns, caught 14 passes for 60 yards, and averaged 26.5 yards on 39 kickoff returns in his first season with the Steelers. A call to a Steelers spokesman seeking comment was not immediately returned.
    It is not the first domestic violence arrest for Rainey, who just finished his rookie year with the Steelers. He was arrested Sept. 14, 2010, while at the University of Florida after sending a threatening text message to his on-again, off-again girlfriend that read: "Time to Die B----- u and ur???" Rainey was charged with felony aggravated stalking.
    Then-coach Urban Meyer immediately dismissed Rainey from the team.

Thirteen days after his arrest, Rainey pled to a misdemeanor stalking charge and received deferred prosecution. He was ordered to pay $50 for the cost of prosecution, undergo evaluation and counseling for anger management/domestic violence issues, and either donate $100 to a domestic violence shelter or perform 10 hours of community service.
    The charges were to be dropped if Rainey met those requirements and stayed out of trouble for six months. Spencer Mann, a spokesman for the state attorney's offense in Gainesville, said Rainey completed the agreement and the case was closed.
    Rainey eventually rejoined the football team on Oct. 10, 2012. He finished his career at Florida ninth on the school's all-time rushing list (2,464 yards).
    The Steelers drafted him in the fifth round of the 2012 draft.

Hold the presses another side of the case has came out and rainey could be 100% off the case and not done anything wrong..who knows atm though

So how do we feel about Pederson and Sutton coming to take the OC and DC positions for the Chiefs?

Quote Originally Posted by srdafish View Post
    An upgrade in offensive talent in San Diego over Cinncy? No way no how does SD have better offensive talent than the Bengals.

Dalton is better than Rivers, AJ Green is far and away the best offensive player on either team. The San Diego WRs are trash. The Bengals have a much better o line.
    Can you seriously give me a breakdown of all the players on San Diego? No you can't - so why comment? You named 2 players bro...What about the rest? And lol at Dalton being better than Rivers...An when was the last time Concy was #1 in the league in offense?? San Diego was just a little bit ago..

+ Reply to Thread