+ Reply to Thread
Page 578 of 599 FirstFirst ... 78 478 528 568 576 577 578 579 580 588 ... LastLast
Results 5,771 to 5,780 of 5984

Thread: Lets go Uptown: Real Football Talk

Quote Originally Posted by limelight543 View Post
    IMO This is the WEAKEST QB class.
    That pretty much sums it up. In 2020 I don't see any of these guys being on a pro bowl roster and possibly none a successful starter.

IMO This is the WEAKEST QB class.

Bray has the best arm and had some good weapons past few years, has all the ability no mental aspect.

Jones- Your typical OU kid good fundamentals, good arm can make all the nfl throws, but we havent seen him shine on the big stage yet, could be Big game bob's fault or who knows.

Geno- Just like Weeden System QB, accurate can make most the throws on the field, has enough to get out of the pocket but not break many runs for a first down. Mechanics are there WHEN he wants to show up, huge mental block for the kid he doesnt have the best pocket presence, could be bc of every time he had the ball he HAD to score a touchdown to compete. We havent seen him with many games where he had the lead and could just focus recently.

Klien- Ehhh poor man's tim tebow love the kid but not a nfl QB

EJ manuel- Terrible QB in all aspects he has a moment or two where hes good. He folds when it matters hes has terrible accuracy and terrible reads, also a terrible OC and QB coach surprise surprise just like Ponder from FSU.

Tyler Wilson- Good weapons around him, but he had a terrible HC this year and the concussion had a lot to do with his drop in numbers imo. Can make a lot of the throws and reads in the pocket. Not very good outside of the pocket his feet are okay, IMO him and Bray have the most upside if you can coach them up.
    This is very well done bro...And yes the weakest QB class since that Jake Locker/Christian Ponder...And I like Jake a lot but man..geez - Progress already! Although Cam was in that draft as well as 2nd rd Dalton...So the more notable Qb's could end up being reached for..

Quote Originally Posted by ocmmafan View Post
    That pretty much sums it up. In 2020 I don't see any of these guys being on a pro bowl roster and possibly none a successful starter.
    Yeah I feel ya. I'm leaning towards your thoughts. But I have to see who ends up with who. There are a few Qb's who weren't top notch in college but ended up in the right situation. I firmly believe in Andy Reid with Qb's - so we'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by ocmmafan View Post
    I read a pretty good article about our new GM Tom Telesco that has me excited. I'm trying to look for all the positives and here is the article I was looking at. I'll keep my fingers crossed that he can evaluate talent and help improve upon our recent underwhelming drafts. I really don't want Arians - he's 60, in poor health and his one HC gig at Temple was very poor. I would rather have someone else. We are supposedly looking at Mike McCoy and Greg Roman and I would be happy throwing either of them a chance vs a retread. I'm getting a little more interested in Lovie Smith as he is a very big loyalty guy and maybe our team can rally around a coach like that.

Here is the article on Telesco:

http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2013...-draft-history
    Yeah buddy - good hire...And the NFL is so fickel. I think it's because most people don't know much about it...Bruce Arians was considered pretty much done after he was fired from the Steelers last year. Was called old and couldn't adapt...Now fast fwd a year later and he's arguably the hottest coach out there...It does seem like that downfield attack would suit Rivers though. Get ready for him to be sacked 100 times. He's not close to being as mobile as Big Ben and Luck and they both were sacked 2830982 times.

Moody played not much it was under the Urban Meyer era where we needed fast backs, he was a decent back but had ball security issues same for Mack Brown good back, cant hold onto the ball well enough to get a lot of snaps. We had our first 1k rusher in a long time this year, Gilly, good back but not a every down NFL back.

Elam is a hard hitting safety with decent ball skills and good at stopping the run, biggest problem with him is height imo hes not that tall but other than that hes good in almost all area's He has his misses in coverage and running but hes a Box safety that can cover your 2 or 3 WR and a TE as long as its not Ahern or Gronk or Graham.

Our best NFL guy this year is Sharrif Floyd, he will be a monster in the NFL, not a top 5 or anything but he will be likc a vince wilfork or a justin smith not as good maybe but just a step below. Great at stopping the run great motor and hes a guy that can play End or Tackle, hes not that huge about 300 give or take.
    Yeah I like Gillislie - but not in the pros like u said..And I like Floyd too, but he looks like former Gator Ray McDonald or Marcus Thomas more than Justin Smith...And my fav dudes are "baby Tony Gonzalez" former Gator QB/TE Jordan Reed! I see big time potential in this dude! I hope the Falcons get him!! I actually like Trey Burton too - kinda like the jack of all trades guy. Not sure what he would do in the pro's?!? But your breakdown of my boy Elam was on point.

Quote Originally Posted by d3murf View Post
    Yeah I like Gillislie - but not in the pros like u said..And I like Floyd too, but he looks like former Gator Ray McDonald or Marcus Thomas more than Justin Smith...And my fav dudes are "baby Tony Gonzalez" former Gator QB/TE Jordan Reed! I see big time potential in this dude! I hope the Falcons get him!! I actually like Trey Burton too - kinda like the jack of all trades guy. Not sure what he would do in the pro's?!? But your breakdown of my boy Elam was on point.
    Jordan Reed has a lot of potential, biggest problem is kid is a 2nd year TE with A LOT of things to work on he lessened his jumping for catches this year thats something he wont be able to do in the NFL so he has to work on keeping his feet on the ground UNLESS the pass has to have him jump. He doesnt have the best ball control when running, his routes are meh at best. Granted the past 2 years he hasnt had a real QB to throw to him, Driskel is learning and a average Oline didnt help. Reed is also a so-so blocker he cant line up and take on your pass rushers he will get eaten alive or your 3-4 Bucks/JACKS he needs help there with the HB/FB or a screen.

By Smith i mean hes a guy you can stick at a tackle and hes going to command DT's bc hes quick off the push and he has good strength that will surprise a lot of OG/OT's he would line up against and since hes played DE a lot last year he can be a 3-4 or a 4-3 guy with a lot of choices on how you use him.

Jordan Reed has a lot of potential, biggest problem is kid is a 2nd year TE with A LOT of things to work on he lessened his jumping for catches this year thats something he wont be able to do in the NFL so he has to work on keeping his feet on the ground UNLESS the pass has to have him jump. He doesnt have the best ball control when running, his routes are meh at best. Granted the past 2 years he hasnt had a real QB to throw to him, Driskel is learning and a average Oline didnt help. Reed is also a so-so blocker he cant line up and take on your pass rushers he will get eaten alive or your 3-4 Bucks/JACKS he needs help there with the HB/FB or a screen.

By Smith i mean hes a guy you can stick at a tackle and hes going to command DT's bc hes quick off the push and he has good strength that will surprise a lot of OG/OT's he would line up against and since hes played DE a lot last year he can be a 3-4 or a 4-3 guy with a lot of choices on how you use him.
    Man Antonio Gates didn't even play college ball - so I'm not worried about that. And Reed is not an inline TE. He's whats called a flex or move tight end. Meaning he can play slot or off the line kinda like Hernandez. Count how man times you see Hernandez with his hand in the dirt this weekend...It might be 1 or 2 times but since Gronk is back it'll be ZERO. They move him around and create matchup probs. Gronk is their inline TE. So If you put Reed with a team with a traditional tight end - you will have your next Delanie Walker(San Fran) or A Hern...And I take it you aren't over that fumble going into score against UGA? HAHa The play to get it there was what i'll focus on. Dude has sticky hands when he uses them. He's raw but so is coal. I just like his athleticism and how he transitioned from QB kinda effortlessly. Hell if I were J-Ville I'd pair him up with marcedez lewis and help a young QB out. Or bring in Alex Smith who's used to the two TE sets...But yeah i agree on Sharrif - he'll be good and he needs to be. Florida D-Lineman are worse than USB QB's imo...Derrick Harvey, Marcus Thomas, Jarvis Moss etc All great at UF but all busts in the pro's.

Ba bye, Rainey. Seems like a real scumbag but has potential as a 3rd down back. Oh well.

Steelers waive Chris Rainey
    Updated: January 10, 2013, 5:15 PM ET
    ESPN.com news services

The Pittsburgh Steelers waived running back Chris Rainey on Thursday after he was arrested in Gainesville, Fla., and charged with one count of simple battery after an altercation with a woman over a cellphone earlier in the day.
    "Under the circumstances and due to this conduct, Chris will no longer be a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers," Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert said.

According to a release from the Gainesville police department, officers were called at 8:26 a.m. to an apartment complex on SW 42nd Place regarding an argument between a man and a woman that had turned physical. Witnesses said Rainey and the female accuser were arguing over Rainey's cellphone and Rainey pulled the woman out of a vehicle that belonged to his roommate and then slapped her in the face with an open hand.
    Rainey and the woman fell to the ground, and then Rainey chased the woman and grabbed her bag to retrieve his cellphone, the release said. The two fell again. The release said neither Rainey nor the woman suffered visible injuries.
    Police charged Rainey, a former standout at the University of Florida, with simple battery (dating violence), a first-degree misdemeanor, and he was booked into the Alachua County Jail.
    Pittsburgh selected Rainey in the fifth round of the 2012 draft. He ran for 102 yards and two touchdowns, caught 14 passes for 60 yards, and averaged 26.5 yards on 39 kickoff returns in his first season with the Steelers. A call to a Steelers spokesman seeking comment was not immediately returned.
    It is not the first domestic violence arrest for Rainey, who just finished his rookie year with the Steelers. He was arrested Sept. 14, 2010, while at the University of Florida after sending a threatening text message to his on-again, off-again girlfriend that read: "Time to Die B----- u and ur???" Rainey was charged with felony aggravated stalking.
    Then-coach Urban Meyer immediately dismissed Rainey from the team.

Thirteen days after his arrest, Rainey pled to a misdemeanor stalking charge and received deferred prosecution. He was ordered to pay $50 for the cost of prosecution, undergo evaluation and counseling for anger management/domestic violence issues, and either donate $100 to a domestic violence shelter or perform 10 hours of community service.
    The charges were to be dropped if Rainey met those requirements and stayed out of trouble for six months. Spencer Mann, a spokesman for the state attorney's offense in Gainesville, said Rainey completed the agreement and the case was closed.
    Rainey eventually rejoined the football team on Oct. 10, 2012. He finished his career at Florida ninth on the school's all-time rushing list (2,464 yards).
    The Steelers drafted him in the fifth round of the 2012 draft.

^^^ I've heard stories that when Rainey arrived here at camp this year, the coaches were working him really hard at practice and would scream "time to die, bitch!" the whole time haha

domestic violence>>>>rape in Pittsburgh.

+ Reply to Thread