+ Reply to Thread
Page 574 of 599 FirstFirst ... 74 474 524 564 572 573 574 575 576 584 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,740 of 5984

Thread: Lets go Uptown: Real Football Talk

  1. #5731
    Member d3murf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmaguru333 View Post
    Seattle is a scary match-up for Atlanta, and I'm looking forward to it, but I still think Atlanta can win it.


    murf, what did you think of Te'o tonight? I hadn't watched a ton of him (outside of highlights and maybe a game or two) all year long, but I wasn't very impressed for how decorated he is. Now obviously he was overmatched and played a poor game, but how much does that hurt his draft stock, in your opinion?

    Going up against the speed and physicality that Alabama brings is reminiscent of the NFL, can Te'o still be a force?

    Eddie Lacy is a beast too, but I think Yeldon has every bit as much an upside, if not more.
    Wasn't impressed with Te'o at all bro. He reminded me of why I whiffed on my proclamations of Rey Mauluga from the Bengals. I thought he could be a star - but he's not a fluid enough athlete to make a difference. Te'o was getting his ass engulfed by blockers and was whiffing on tackles big time. He doesn't seem to be a sideline to sideline player...In his defense - I've seen him play better - but this was the best team by far they played and he was a non factor. I'm not so sure of him being a top 5 pick. I do like his leadership skills and heart though. But sometimes those intangibles just aren't enough..

    As for Yeldon - yes he's the truth, but I try to keep my analysis to draftable players around this time. But in two years we will be seeing Yeldon in the first round as well...The Jets, Falcons and Lions need to scramble to get Lacy this year..

  2. #5732
    Member d3murf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limelight543 View Post
    Hes just like trent richardson is the easiest way to say it both very similar runners. But lacy is very under rayed
    Yeah I can see a similarity in him and Trent - but the size difference has to be put in the ananlysis. Trent is like 5'9 - Lacy is almost 6'2 so he could eventually be 250 lbs. Trent won't be more than 220-225 lbs...But both have some hellafied feet and balance. I hope the Rams pick up Lacy - even though they should target a receiver...Getting those Skins picks in the RG3 trade looked great...before the damn Skins made the playoffs lol

  3. #5733

    Default

    Ok so it looks like my Rams are locked in at pick 16 and pick 22 in the first round of this draft. We have quite a few need we need to address, anybody out there with good draft knowlegde know of anyone the Rams should be looking at. We need OL WR RB SS, I dont pay attention to college at all so I never know who is good coming out.
    As I watch the dirty politicians rant
    I cultivate my clean Green plant
    While they push weapons of mass destruction
    I grow these plants and give instructions
    On how to do it and keep it green
    All the oil guys do is keep it mean
    I fight these forces with seeds and leaves
    I don't believe in rolling up sleeves

  4. #5734
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d3murf View Post
    Wasn't impressed with Te'o at all bro. He reminded me of why I whiffed on my proclamations of Rey Mauluga from the Bengals. I thought he could be a star - but he's not a fluid enough athlete to make a difference. Te'o was getting his ass engulfed by blockers and was whiffing on tackles big time. He doesn't seem to be a sideline to sideline player...In his defense - I've seen him play better - but this was the best team by far they played and he was a non factor. I'm not so sure of him being a top 5 pick. I do like his leadership skills and heart though. But sometimes those intangibles just aren't enough..

    As for Yeldon - yes he's the truth, but I try to keep my analysis to draftable players around this time. But in two years we will be seeing Yeldon in the first round as well...The Jets, Falcons and Lions need to scramble to get Lacy this year..
    Yeah he was getting swallowed up on every down. I'm curious to see if he can make the adjustment. I did hear a couple analysts saying it wouldn't hurt his stock, but I find that hard to believe.

    As far as Yeldon/Lacy, I totally understand, makes sense. I'm excited for Yeldon's progression though.

  5. #5735
    Member Straight_Crown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    City of Steel
    Posts
    4,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d3murf View Post
    Wasn't impressed with Te'o at all bro. He reminded me of why I whiffed on my proclamations of Rey Mauluga from the Bengals. I thought he could be a star - but he's not a fluid enough athlete to make a difference. Te'o was getting his ass engulfed by blockers and was whiffing on tackles big time. He doesn't seem to be a sideline to sideline player...In his defense - I've seen him play better - but this was the best team by far they played and he was a non factor. I'm not so sure of him being a top 5 pick. I do like his leadership skills and heart though. But sometimes those intangibles just aren't enough..

    As for Yeldon - yes he's the truth, but I try to keep my analysis to draftable players around this time. But in two years we will be seeing Yeldon in the first round as well...The Jets, Falcons and Lions need to scramble to get Lacy this year..
    Like I said in the NCAA thread, I think a lot of Te'o's performance in the Championship game(or lack there of) had a LOT to do with Nick Saban. He's a good enough gameplanner that given that long to come up with something, he can take anyone out of a game. Don't get me wrong, having an O-Line to work with like the one Bama fields certainly doesn't hurt, but I think it can mostly be attributed to Saban's gameplan. You're right about the missed tackles, but I think a lot of that had to do with the frustration of being made nonexistent on most plays. There's a reason he was constantly engulfed with blockers.

    And these last few years of watching RB after RB progress and become stars at Bama has been really fun to watch. I can't wait to see Lacy in the NFL. But I'm curios about his health. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the most knowledgable on the subject, but wasn't he fairly injury prone during his career at Bama? Either way, when 100%, I think he's the perfect type of back to find success in the NFL.

  6. #5736
    Member Straight_Crown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    City of Steel
    Posts
    4,074

    Default

    Also, Chris Mortenson is reporting that RG3 will undergo total reconstructive surgery of his ACL and LCL. Recovery time is 7-9 months. Dr. James Andrews will be performing the surgery.

  7. #5737
    Senior Member ocmmafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    8,058

    Default

    I'm very interested in the cap space projections for 2013 and how it impacts all our teams. Seattle is looking like a future monster and New England and Denver still have plenty of room. The Colts and Bengals have that much to play with?? Wow. Those way over, like Dallas, NO, Pittsburgh and the Jets are going to have to get creative.

    The article is from ESPN today: http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...t-cap-strategy

    2013 Cap Space

    Arizona $3.6M -$723,000
    Atlanta $307,000 $4.9M
    Baltimore $1.2M $15.7M
    Buffalo $9.8M $20.6M
    Carolina $3.6M -$11.8M
    Chicago $3.2M $13.3M
    Cincinnati $8.5M $55.1M
    Cleveland $14.3M $48.9M
    Dallas $2.3M -$18.2M
    Denver $11.5M $18.5M
    Detroit $486,000 -$1.1M
    Green Bay $7M $7.1M
    Houston $2.4M $12.9M
    Indianapolis $3.5M $46M
    Jacksonville $19.5M $22.1M
    Kansas City $14M $16.1M
    Miami $5.3M $35.8M
    Minnesota $8M $16.1M
    New England $5.6M $18.6M
    New Orleans $2.7M -$14.7M
    NY Giants $1M -$4.7M
    NY Jets $3.4M -$19.4M
    Oakland $4.5M -$4.5M
    Philadelphia $23M $5.2M
    Pittsburgh $758,000 -$10.8M
    San Diego $995,000 $8.7M
    San Fran $859,000 $3.9M
    Seattle $13.2M $18.6M
    St. Louis $247,000 $1.8M
    Tampa Bay $8.5M $31.3M
    Tennessee $12.8M $19.4M
    Washington $4.2M -$4M

    On the eve of the regular-season finale, teams couldn't afford to think exclusively about the game.
    They had to think about next season. Under the rules of the new collective bargaining agreement, teams had to designate how much money they wanted to carry over to the 2013 salary cap. The carryover provisions are new and important.

    With the cap growing at only $300,000 a year, teams have to budget their cap over a multi-year basis. Last year's cap was $120.6 million, so general managers have to be smart about their spending.
    The "haves'' are in good shape. The "have nots'' have to be creative. Thanks to the carryover, there is $350.7 million of cap room in 2013, but $200.3 million of carryover is part of that.
    Eight teams, though, account for 79 percent million of total room. The Cincinnati Bengals saved $8.5 million of cap room in 2012 and made the playoffs for the second consecutive year. They have $55.1 million of room. The Cleveland Browns saved $14.3 million of room in 2012 and now have $48.9 million. After being tight against the cap in 2012, the Indianapolis Colts now have $46 million of room.
    The Miami Dolphins have $35.8 million, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers $31.3 million, the Jacksonville Jaguars $22.1 million, the Buffalo Bills $20.6 million and the Tennessee Titans $19.4 million.
    On the negative side, the New York Jets are $19.4 million over the cap. The Dallas Cowboys are $18.2 million over, the New Orleans Saints $14.7 million over and the Carolina Panthers $11.8 million over.

  8. #5738
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    6,476

    Default

    Denver will use a lot of their space to re-sign Ryan Clady.
    Supporting Zuffa....the only promotion spending money to further the sport.

    Peyton Freaking Manning

    Winning!

  9. #5739
    Member d3murf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Crown View Post
    Like I said in the NCAA thread, I think a lot of Te'o's performance in the Championship game(or lack there of) had a LOT to do with Nick Saban. He's a good enough gameplanner that given that long to come up with something, he can take anyone out of a game. Don't get me wrong, having an O-Line to work with like the one Bama fields certainly doesn't hurt, but I think it can mostly be attributed to Saban's gameplan. You're right about the missed tackles, but I think a lot of that had to do with the frustration of being made nonexistent on most plays. There's a reason he was constantly engulfed with blockers.

    And these last few years of watching RB after RB progress and become stars at Bama has been really fun to watch. I can't wait to see Lacy in the NFL. But I'm curios about his health. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the most knowledgable on the subject, but wasn't he fairly injury prone during his career at Bama? Either way, when 100%, I think he's the perfect type of back to find success in the NFL.
    He battled Turf Toe last year - but he's been pretty much healthy...And yes it's been fun watching all the RB's at Bama. It started with Coffe & Ingram. Then Ingram and Richardson. Then Richardon and Lacy. Then Lacy and Yeldon. Next season Yeldon and Dee Hart (If Healthy) Hart was a big time recruit as you'd suspect in '11 class. He's a smaller shiftier guy that will add a change of pace to what Yeldon brings. Hart is like 5'10 - 190lbs..

    As for T'eo we'll see. The Raiders could use him with Rolando McClain being malcontent..I have to see the draft order to see possible landing spots with him.

  10. #5740
    Member d3murf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SnellsonBlu View Post
    Ok so it looks like my Rams are locked in at pick 16 and pick 22 in the first round of this draft. We have quite a few need we need to address, anybody out there with good draft knowlegde know of anyone the Rams should be looking at. We need OL WR RB SS, I dont pay attention to college at all so I never know who is good coming out.
    I'd say WR should be the first order of business - as you have drafted OT's a couple of times in the past few years early. Jason Smith is one of the biggest busts ever! He's just unknown but was the 2nd pick in the draft a few seasons ago. He was traded for Wayne Hunter the Jets bust last season. I really like the LT - Roger Saffold who came out of Indiana. He's a cornerstone barring injury.

    The Rams at 16 should look for a receiver. Cordarrelle Patterson from Tennessee would be a perfect complement to Chris Givens who is a budding star in his own right. I liken Patterson to Julio Jones. He's 6'3 215 and fast as hell. He's a major league tackle breaker just like Julio as well. He even lined up at tailback quite a few times and ran Dive plays. He returns kicks with the best of them and may be the best reverse runner I've studied. He can make you miss as well...If he's not there - I'd go for his teammate Justin hunter wo was the reincarnation of AJ Green/Larry Fitz. 6'4 200 guy who is a deep ball/jump ball monster! He came back from a torn ACL which may scare teams but his production this past season says otherwise.. 73 catches for 1,083 yds and 9 TD's....

    At RB in the 2nd round I'd look at forgotten star RB from Auburn named Michael Dyer -the hero of the BCS Championship game. He got kicked out of school and didn't play ball last season. You may be able to get him in the 3rd depending on how he gets his name back during the draft process. I think he's a first rd talent with Power, Balance and Speed...Although I'm not so sure you need a RB considering you drafted Isaiah Pead last season from Cincinatti with the 50 pick overall..Pair him with my boy baby Chris Johnson bka Daryl Richardson - and activate Baylor star Terrance Ganaway who can be the short yardage guy, and I see major potential in that stable. Pead is the truth - he's as fast as Richardson believe it or not. While weighing about 200 lbs. Ganaway is like 230-240 - and was the man that made that Baylor team pop with RG3..

    As for the Safety position I like Craig Dahl personally. He's a pretty good tackler in that scheme. I just love that Defense period - i'd use most the draft on Offense.
    Last edited by d3murf; 01-09-2013 at 04:01 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts