+ Reply to Thread
Page 569 of 599 FirstFirst ... 69 469 519 559 567 568 569 570 571 579 ... LastLast
Results 5,681 to 5,690 of 5984

Thread: Lets go Uptown: Real Football Talk

Matty D & MMAGuru...Congrats on the new hire in Andy Reid. Cleveland used to be the Midwest Eagles now that distinction belongs to the Chiefs..I can't wait!!! I hope he get's the whole band back together. Here's How I would do it..

Andy Reid: HC
    Brad Childress:C/OC (Run Game)
    Marty Mohrnenweig:C/OC (Passing Game)
    Pat Shurmur: QB Coach
    Dick Jauron: DC
    Tom Heckert: GM

Andy Reid has the number 1 pick to get a QB - so I feel good about most of the picks being in that system with those offensive minded coaches. Now that I have the sytem in mind - I can project the college Qb into my favorite system as far as offenses go. I actually think he can find some magic with Geno Smith similar to what he did with McNabb...I think Landry Jones would do well in this system too - some of the reads at OKL are similar. Sam Bradford did well under pat Shurmur his rookie year with virtually the same skillset..

I think Andy should really look hard at making the defense a 4-3 alignment now. Glenn Dorsey is not a 3-4 DE nor is Tyson Jackson. Both will do better at DT's in a 4-3 defense. Both Justin Houston and Tamba Hali (Kid & Play) come from backgrounds of being 4-3 DE's with their hand in the dirt. I'd love to see them maybe trade the pick and get a corner with an early pick (Dee Milliner the big corner out of Bama 6'1 200) and a Landry Jones in the 20's.

Really Excited for Andy to land in a place with some good talent already in place where he can have total control...

Prospect Alert tonight: Landry Jones and Oklahoma plays Johnny Football and Texas A&M (Fox at 8)

Luke Joeckel OT - T. A&M - He's a junior but he can possibly be the Chiefs first pick at #1. He's tat good. He's athletic as all get out. Great in both pass pro - and a monster in the run. He's 6'6 310 lbs with room to put on more and it not affect his athleticism.

Damontre Moore DE - T. A&M - 6'4 - 250lbs maybe. He looks lighter than that but get's the job done. He should be first End taken in the top 10 or #2 after Bjoern Werner from FSU. He can be an OLB a 3-4 or an End in a 4-3 imo. 12.5 sacks this year for a fun team to watch.

Landry Jones -QB OKL- 6'4 220lbs - 4 year starter with a ton of big game experience. Thinking about throwing my SOA on him like I did Bradford.

He had 29 TD's and 10 Ints 3,989 yds with a 65.5% completion. The worst game he played this year to me was against Notre Dame and even then he had 356 yds and completed 68.6% on 51 throws! I think he's under the radar now and will gain steam as the draft approaches.

His best year was his sophomore year where he had 38Td's and 12 Int's 65.6% completion his first year as the full time starter when Sam Bradford left.

Oregon Duck Coach Chip Kelly, fresh off a dominant bowl win over Kansas St, is close to signing as the Browns head coach. It'll be interesting to see who he brings in as his crew.

It sounds likely that Lovie Smith will get the job as coach of either the Chargers or Bills.

Mike McCoy (OC) of Denver and Ray Horton (DC) of the Cardinals are a couple guys getting some looks at coaching jobs also. Bruce Arians (OC) Colts could be someones head coach also, but won't start interviewing until the Colts season is over.
    MMAF: 41-32-3 (2X champ)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMSAYIN
    Can you read? Are you stupid? No.. youre just a big mouth chicken crap piece of crap
    ill take my vid cam to Orlando.. kick his ass. Then post it on my YouTube channel
    I will kick your door down.. kick your ass.. and then let your skank serve me eggs Benedict...in your facking bed
    You suck cock and you.know it. We all know it. The whole board has seen it goofs

^^^ Real Talk From A Real G

Quote Originally Posted by goordie View Post
    Oregon Duck Coach Chip Kelly, fresh off a dominant bowl win over Kansas St, is close to signing as the Browns head coach. It'll be interesting to see who he brings in as his crew.

It sounds likely that Lovie Smith will get the job as coach of either the Chargers or Bills.

Mike McCoy (OC) of Denver and Ray Horton (DC) of the Cardinals are a couple guys getting some looks at coaching jobs also. Bruce Arians (OC) Colts could be someones head coach also, but won't start interviewing until the Colts season is over.
    Love to see him try to run that Oregon offense with the Cleveland QB roster as it stands now. Would be brutal. As for Lovie I would avoid the Bills or Chargers this year and take a job somewhere as a D coordinator and wait (for Schwartz to get fired) for something better to open up. I'm still kind of curious what JJ is going to do down in Dallas now that he has promised "changes". Is Garrett going to stay or are they just going to do in a coordinator and call that change?

Bottom line is the coaching wheel is turning and as it stands now it looks like everyone is just taking one step to the right...
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion
    The Underdog Challenge X: Champion

Quote Originally Posted by d3murf View Post
    Andy Reid has the number 1 pick to get a QB
    Honestly since the QB class is so weak this year and the rookie salary cap is in place I am betting that a lot of teams will be trading down to get more picks. Not saying this is what KC will do but the top 10 in the draft this year have so many needs there could be a lot of movement in the draft. Teams know they won't have to put an RGIII type deal out there to move up. Bottom line is I wouldn't bet on any top 10 team to be totally faithful to where they are standing right now...

Quote Originally Posted by (v2)ROVPitViper View Post
    Love to see him try to run that Oregon offense with the Cleveland QB roster as it stands now. Would be brutal. As for Lovie I would avoid the Bills or Chargers this year and take a job somewhere as a D coordinator and wait (for Schwartz to get fired) for something better to open up. I'm still kind of curious what JJ is going to do down in Dallas now that he has promised "changes". Is Garrett going to stay or are they just going to do in a coordinator and call that change?

Bottom line is the coaching wheel is turning and as it stands now it looks like everyone is just taking one step to the right...
    The Chargers job is one that I'd think most unemployed coaches would be jumping at. The have above average talent on defense and a QB that can at least make plays. The Bills could be much better defensively also, but lack the QB play I mentioned with Rivers. Scwhartz should be on a short leash because I don't think he's getting the most out of that defense and he makes mental mistakes that he shouldn't make. As a young coach, I think Garret's job should be made as easy as possible in Dallas. For the most part, I think Lovie should jump at the job in SD if they are set on him, they will be having another good draft pick again this season. Despite the talent, I think the Eagles job is one of the least enticing.
    MMAF: 41-32-3 (2X champ)
    Can you read? Are you stupid? No.. youre just a big mouth chicken crap piece of crap
    ill take my vid cam to Orlando.. kick his ass. Then post it on my YouTube channel
    I will kick your door down.. kick your ass.. and then let your skank serve me eggs Benedict...in your facking bed
    You suck cock and you.know it. We all know it. The whole board has seen it goofs

^^^ Real Talk From A Real G

It will be interesting to see if Cleveland sticks with Weeden as the franchise QB now that a new administration is coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphs56 View Post
    It will be interesting to see if Cleveland sticks with Weeden as the franchise QB now that a new administration is coming in.
    New administration from top to bottom usually means a lot of change to the roster. Anyone not named Trent should be wary of their job...

Quote Originally Posted by d3murf View Post
    Matty D & MMAGuru...Congrats on the new hire in Andy Reid. Cleveland used to be the Midwest Eagles now that distinction belongs to the Chiefs..I can't wait!!! I hope he get's the whole band back together. Here's How I would do it..

Andy Reid: HC
    Brad Childress:C/OC (Run Game)
    Marty Mohrnenweig:C/OC (Passing Game)
    Pat Shurmur: QB Coach
    Dick Jauron: DC
    Tom Heckert: GM

Andy Reid has the number 1 pick to get a QB - so I feel good about most of the picks being in that system with those offensive minded coaches. Now that I have the sytem in mind - I can project the college Qb into my favorite system as far as offenses go. I actually think he can find some magic with Geno Smith similar to what he did with McNabb...I think Landry Jones would do well in this system too - some of the reads at OKL are similar. Sam Bradford did well under pat Shurmur his rookie year with virtually the same skillset..

I think Andy should really look hard at making the defense a 4-3 alignment now. Glenn Dorsey is not a 3-4 DE nor is Tyson Jackson. Both will do better at DT's in a 4-3 defense. Both Justin Houston and Tamba Hali (Kid & Play) come from backgrounds of being 4-3 DE's with their hand in the dirt. I'd love to see them maybe trade the pick and get a corner with an early pick (Dee Milliner the big corner out of Bama 6'1 200) and a Landry Jones in the 20's.

Really Excited for Andy to land in a place with some good talent already in place where he can have total control...

Prospect Alert tonight: Landry Jones and Oklahoma plays Johnny Football and Texas A&M (Fox at 8)

Luke Joeckel OT - T. A&M - He's a junior but he can possibly be the Chiefs first pick at #1. He's tat good. He's athletic as all get out. Great in both pass pro - and a monster in the run. He's 6'6 310 lbs with room to put on more and it not affect his athleticism.

Damontre Moore DE - T. A&M - 6'4 - 250lbs maybe. He looks lighter than that but get's the job done. He should be first End taken in the top 10 or #2 after Bjoern Werner from FSU. He can be an OLB a 3-4 or an End in a 4-3 imo. 12.5 sacks this year for a fun team to watch.

Landry Jones -QB OKL- 6'4 220lbs - 4 year starter with a ton of big game experience. Thinking about throwing my SOA on him like I did Bradford.

He had 29 TD's and 10 Ints 3,989 yds with a 65.5% completion. The worst game he played this year to me was against Notre Dame and even then he had 356 yds and completed 68.6% on 51 throws! I think he's under the radar now and will gain steam as the draft approaches.

His best year was his sophomore year where he had 38Td's and 12 Int's 65.6% completion his first year as the full time starter when Sam Bradford left.
    Yes sir! Glad to have Andy coming to KC and I'm glad to be rid of Pioli too.

I'm still not sure what I want done with that pick. Hard not to pick a QB when it's such an obviously glaring need though.

There is a ton of talent in this year's draft though, maybe not so much at the QB position though, but honestly, a lot of that is from it getting compared to last year's draft, so it's not really fair criticism.

a bunch of long winded stuff being said... I dont/wont read it all. I attempt to read it, even if its a long read....after a while...lots of good info in there. I wanna comment on junior seau....a GREAT dude, great player and I mean great...but probably got fuked by the league in the end. A freakin tradjety...(sp)...kinda like mike webster in a way. If anyone gave their heart and sole to the nfl, it was mike....fuk, yes of course im biased...but that undersized dude gave heart and sole for the league for around 15 years....and yes, i think he was great...but to end up homeless and a suicidal nut job...its not right, just like junior, the league did them wrong..I was never a fan of league wide medical care considering the amount of money these guys make but something needs to be done......oh well...I;'m rambling.

STILL...100% Pure Hellbilly.
    American outlaw, since birth, till death.
    king of the derelicts
    i am honkey kong
    Abortion Inc.

The talk in Buffalo is Ken Whizenhunt. I'd take him in a second. I think I'd take him over Lovie, but I'd be happy with both. Ken took the AZ Cardinals to the super bowl and was one throw away from winning it. If Lovie is the man hired, then Gil Byrd would probably come with him. Gil is Jairus's dad and would all but guarentee Jairus resigning with the Bills. Either way, I hope it is one of these two.

+ Reply to Thread