+ Reply to Thread
Page 564 of 599 FirstFirst ... 64 464 514 554 562 563 564 565 566 574 ... LastLast
Results 5,631 to 5,640 of 5984

Thread: Lets go Uptown: Real Football Talk

I like the Seahawks, packers, texans and ravens this weekend.

Trust.

I go by the Scarface code of ethics.

"Even when Iie... I tell the truth"

Quote Originally Posted by PatSox View Post
    MURF, I just skimmed the last few posts by you and viper to see if it's all worth reading.........it's not. No offense, but this is only relevant to you two. I'm sure you know that though

Reason I'm commenting is just on the "I never lie" part. I have to call bullshit. We all do. Personal policy or not. And the more verbose and insistent someone is about something like that, the less I believe them. So, you may want to ease off on that one, because it sounds a little suspect
    So just because everyone else does something - I automatically do it too? HAHAHAHA You don't know me at all. I have and never will be a follower in life. Sorry dude, my whole life I've done what I want. I'm not a robot by the way. Ask anyone that knows me, it's my policy...No lying - I have nothing to hide in life and I make it that way...So sorry don't include me in anything where you say "We ALL". I'm my own man.

But back to football -

We talkin' 'bout lying? What are we talkin'about?

Practice.

Quote Originally Posted by limelight543 View Post
    All i know is Murf is and will be 100% wrong on Flacco EVER being a ELITE QB he will never be that lol. he will always be one step above average.

all the physical talent in the world has only helped him so much its now up to him to do it and hes not good enough to make that next step.
    Lol you may be right bro. But I'm holding out hope - he catches fire in the playoffs like he did in New England last year. He looked good against the NYG's though. The whole team looked like they had something extra that day...But I thought I said until they get him Elite talent - we should withhold judgment?

Quote Originally Posted by ocmmafan View Post
    Well, it finally happened and I couldnt be happier. AJ Smith and Norv Turner GONE! So awesome and a great present to start the 2013. I don't want so retread loser head coach but the radio said Aj Smith was speaking with Jim Mora jr. before the UCLA bowl game - oh man, what a joke. Mora was below average as a pro head coach and I am not impressed with how he led UCLA. Please don't consider that zero for the Chargers.

I was surprised to see Whisenhunt fired and would love to pick him up in San Diego. I'm not interested in many of the other re-tread head coach outside of Whisenhunt, and if not him I hope they try and get Chip Kelly out of Oregon.

I was not surprised to see Lovie fired given the Bears have missed the playoffs 5 out of the last 6 seasons. I think alot of it is Jay Cutler but head coaches need to make the playoffs if they want to stay employed.

dmurf - you asked about top 5 talented teams? I would say the 49ers and Packers are pretty loaded, the Cardinals and Seahawks have a ton of talent, and then probably Dallas. On paper, from a quick look at rosters, those have a ton of talent in different areas. I would LOVE to be a headcoach taking over in Arizona and think a good headcoach could get the Cowboys to 10+ wins very quickly.

LOTS of love being thrown towards the Seahawks in the playoffs but a road game 3000 miles away from home won't be easy. I think that games comes down to the health of RGIII as he was not his usual self against Dallas. Seattle has a very solid front 7 and will probably be able to limit Morris to about 25 for 90, and the Skins will need RGIII to be explosive. If he isn't able to operate on a full motor I think Seattle wins that game. Hell, I like Seattle even if he is healthy as Wilson is primed and in the zone right now.

Really looking forward to Cincy marching into Houston. I think that's an interesting game and tough to gauge. Lets see if Houston can regroup and win at home.

I see the Packers taking the Vikings to the woodshed and dropping 35 on them. I'll say Packers 35 Minnesota 13.

Baltimore and Indy? I don't know but will be rooting for Indy. I think it will be somewhat high scoring.
    As always your posts are spot on. 49ers, Packers, Cardinals, Seahawks and Cowboys. I would say are the 5 most talented teams on paper - I'd put Cincy in the mix as well as the NYG. The reason I was asking this is because it seems as though the most talented teams (Raiders included - I know you don't think so, but they are loaded imo) Rarely seem to get over the hump. I'd say the Cowboys are the most loaded team in the NFL on both sides of the ball - but a team like Arizona can't sustain any success. Or even a team like your Chargers which has a ton of talent as well. Why do you think that is?

And man it would be a dream come true if Andy Reid ends up in Arizona - with a defense like they have and the weapons on offense with his handpicked QB Kevin Kolb...You know he saw him play on a rerun game late at night when they were on the road playing Dallas I believe? He said he saw enough mobility in him with those short west coast style routes that Andy Reid and the U of Houston were employing.

And lol at you and Norvell. I thought about you as soon as I heard the news. You get what you wish for bro. And get off my boy Jim Mora jr! Dude can talk with the best of them - he led UCLA to their first win over USC in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by mmaguru333 View Post
    ^^^^ Lol I've never said anything about you having no football knowledge, anyone with half a brain can tell you have tons of knowledge, especially scouting. Rov just says that stuff cause it seems to piss you off and he enjoys that. I'm not sure why you even acknowledge it, but to each his own.

That said, yeah I know you mentioned Bray and before that I'd maybe seen him play once, but never paid much attention to him, but then you talked about him so I started watching him and then I started hearing all kinds of stuff from different scouts about him. I hope he can pull it all together, because I believe he can be a major talent as well, but who knows. It'd definitely be quite a risk and he'd have to have a huge combine. Also, the reference to Freeman wasn't really his mobility, more like his arm and his inconsistent decision making, along with inconsistency in his arm as well. I guess it could apply for a fair share of QB's.

I'm not real sold on Landry Jones. I don't watch a ton of college football, but from what I've seen of him, I think I'd rather the Chiefs stayed away from him. I'd rather see a guy like Geno go to them before Landry. I wouldn't be upset if the Chiefs nabbed Geno either, I don't think he'll be superstar, but I think he can develop into a solid QB. His release is top notch.

I'm not at all interested in Barkley.

I've watched Manuel play a ton, because I'm a big FSU fan, and I'm not really all that impressed with him. I don't really like his release all that much, but he does have good athleticism and pocket awareness. He also forces throws at times, and his arm strength is inconsistent. Sorta like he's not a great judge at how much zip he should put on a ball.

Edit: What do you think about Tyler Wilson?

Second Edit: My post was directed at dmurf's post responding to mine.
    Yeah I know it's a troll job - But I'm a Super Hero on some Avengers shlt when it comes to these haters haha. I'm like Iron Man. The ladies call me Iron Rod though?!?! But Anyway, man I will break down some fil for you on Landry just in case the Chiefs go that route. I'm telling you - he's very similar to Bradford as he can make all the throws with accuracy, good mechanics and footwork. Geno I have studied since he took over for Pat White and he's accurate as hell but his mechanics are a N/A - as he takes all shotgun snaps. Some people struggle to learn the under center game but some pick it up quick like RG3. Although he's still in the Gun mostly. To be honest I'd have to see which coach is hired so I can match talent to system...I like Tyler Wilson in games that aren't Alabama and LSU haha. He is good at most things but not great at anything. He has decent arm strength, good accuracy and good mechanics. The Petrino bros. did well with him. Not sure if he's talented enough to be the 1st pick.

I want the Cheifs, Eagles or Raiders to get Manti Te'o - as he might be the next Ray Lewis. But I know that fan base is set on a Qb as I listen to 810 am in Kansas City alot. But this might not be the draft. Maybe get Bray in the 2nd round or anyone of these guys honestly if they are in the 2nd. The Chiefs also need another receiver as D Bowe should be gone..I'm saying this now - Cordarrelle Patterson from Tenn is the next Julio Jones. He's an even better athlete than julio as he has shiftyness. He's 6'3 210lbs and can fly. He even played TB some at Tenn this year. You heard it here first bro. His buddy Justin hunter will be a good pick in the teens to 20's. An AJ Green clone...Chiefs should get Hunter and Bray or Patterson. That'd be unique.
    Last edited by d3murf; 01-02-2013 at 02:51 PM.

At 26, I'm young and missed the Great Career of LT, so I can't speak to it. But for my money, with Ray announcing his retirement, the 3 best defensive players I was able to watch with regularity in no particular order are

1) Ray Lewis
    2) Deion Sanders
    3) Reggie White

Quote Originally Posted by d3murf View Post
    So just because everyone else does something - I automatically do it too? HAHAHAHA You don't know me at all. I have and never will be a follower in life. Sorry dude, my whole life I've done what I want. I'm not a robot by the way. Ask anyone that knows me, it's my policy...No lying - I have nothing to hide in life and I make it that way...So sorry don't include me in anything where you say "We ALL". I'm my own man.

But back to football -
    Well sir, that's quite a resume. You certainly don't lack for confidence or a sense of self worth, but again I'm sorry, we're just not hiring at this time
    Last edited by PatSox; 01-02-2013 at 03:45 PM.

The last AFC QB to play in the Super Bowl NOT named Manning, Brady, or Roethlisberger? Rich Gannon lol.

+ Reply to Thread