+ Reply to Thread
Page 561 of 599 FirstFirst ... 61 461 511 551 559 560 561 562 563 571 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,610 of 5984

Thread: Lets go Uptown: Real Football Talk

Did Cam hurt his knee the final game because he's a running qb or was it in the pocket? I'll tell you what. There's a negative stigma attached to qbs that can run they they will get hurt. I think if we track qb injuries over the years, you will find a fair amount happened inside the pocket. Ask Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers etc. and Rodgers and Cutler were injured running, are they running qbs?

Quote Originally Posted by Murphs56 View Post
    Did Cam hurt his knee the final game because he's a running qb or was it in the pocket? I'll tell you what. There's a negative stigma attached to qbs that can run they they will get hurt. I think if we track qb injuries over the years, you will find a fair amount happened inside the pocket. Ask Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers etc. and Rodgers and Cutler were injured running, are they running qbs?
    Thank You. And Sean is RG a running QB? or a QB that can run? ...And I have a message you sent me like in February - you told me RG was coming to Washington. That was some prophetic ****. They hadn't even had the combine yet lol. Good stuff

Edit: The most injury prone QB is Big Ben but nobody seems to mention this. Is he a running Qb? or a Qb that can run? Stereotypes are annoying
    Last edited by d3murf; 01-01-2013 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by d3murf View Post
    Thank You. And Sean is RG a running QB? or a QB that can run? ...And I have a message you sent me like in February - you told me RG was coming to Washington. That was some prophetic ****. They hadn't even had the combine yet lol. Good stuff

He's a quarterback. Plain and simple. He makes all the throws and was blessed with 4.3 speed. Griffin can run a normal offense if you want, but Why?! When he's blessed with that speed and nobody in the NFL can stop it, why wouldn't you run it? Did anyone key on Demarcus Ware and how befuddled he was on Sunday? If you want to see what kind of thrower he is, all you need to do is peep Saints week 1, giants first time and cowboys on thanksgiving.

Actually Murf you're being a E-hardass with the saying if you lived in the same city...actually if you lived in the same city NEITHER of you would do anything, because your both semi grown men. Also i dont think either of you would like jail or a nice law suit against you for assault and battery.

He's a quarterback. Plain and simple. He makes all the throws and was blessed with 4.3 speed. Griffin can run a normal offense if you want, but Why?! When he's blessed with that speed and nobody in the NFL can stop it, why wouldn't you run it? Did anyone key on Demarcus Ware and how befuddled he was on Sunday? If you want to see what kind of thrower he is, all you need to do is peep Saints week 1, giants first time and cowboys on thanksgiving.
    Yes all 3 games I have on tape. And I concur. Also you can peep the bowl game against Washington - or even the initial game of last year against TCU. Dude could be Tom Brady easily. He's that accurate. That whole Vick comparison is Super off. He's more like Steve Young to me. But people can't seem to compare people of diff skin tone - which is a joke. Jake Locker is more like Vick. Dude will run when he gets off the team bus! He doesn't go through his full progressions just like Vick in Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by limelight543 View Post
    Actually Murf you're being a E-hardass with the saying if you lived in the same city...actually if you lived in the same city NEITHER of you would do anything, because your both semi grown men. Also i dont think either of you would like jail or a nice law suit against you for assault and battery.
    Uhh wrong. I'd be sitting in the bing for weeks. Real talk. Sorry to say. And yes - I'm pretty sure he would sue me but it is what it is. The thing is - this type of behavior never happens in person. People are really respectful from what I've noticed. We had one problem with a couple of drunk dudes outside of a club last year - handled that real quick like. And didn't even have to see the inside of a cell. But for the most part I get love like a child with the flu. This hate I get from this cat on a message board is way foreign to me...

Quote Originally Posted by limelight543 View Post
    Exactly - all talk is what the guy is and always will be. If you go look at the other forums he is on he's the same way - calling people couch potatoes and getting all riled up if someone challenges him on any subject.

And notice he didn't answer my question - name a running QB that has won a Superbowl. A whole plethora of QB who run have played the game yet it is the pocket passers who win it all. Ever wonder why? Probably not...too busy typing on a forum to figure it out. Much like a PG in the NBA the QB's job is to get others involved. Everytime a running QB takes off down the field, he takes away an opporunity to get someone else involved that also helps spread the defense out. For all his talk on how he doesn't like fantasy football (mostly because he would have to put something on the line) d3metro is sure in love with the big stats instead of the only thing that matters in the NFL: The Superbowl. QB are judged by that criteria...you either have one, or you don't.

Pure pocket passers or running QB who evolved into pure pocket passers equals evey Superbowl ever. Default to run QB zero. History....is your friend.
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion
    The Underdog Challenge X: Champion

That knee brace on his leg means someone found a way to stop it....

Quote Originally Posted by (v2)ROVPitViper View Post
    Exactly - all talk is what the guy is and always will be. If you go look at the other forums he is on he's the same way - calling people couch potatoes and getting all riled up if someone challenges him on any subject.

And notice he didn't answer my question - name a running QB that has won a Superbowl. A whole plethora of QB who run have played the game yet it is the pocket passers who win it all. Ever wonder why? Probably not...too busy typing on a forum to figure it out. Much like a PG in the NBA the QB's job is to get others involved. Everytime a running QB takes off down the field, he takes away an opporunity to get someone else involved that also helps spread the defense out. For all his talk on how he doesn't like fantasy football (mostly because he would have to put something on the line) d3metro is sure in love with the big stats instead of the only thing that matters in the NFL: The Superbowl. QB are judged by that criteria...you either have one, or you don't.

Pure pocket passers or running QB who evolved into pure pocket passers equals evey Superbowl ever. Default to run QB zero. History....is your friend.
    You are calling RG a running QB and I'm not. I'm all about Pocket Passing - that's why I spend these hours studying these college qb's. I'm not studying runners. I never thought of RG or Russell Wilson as running QB's. They are Qb's that can run. Much like Big Ben and Steve Young - both of whom won SB's. People like Mike Vick and Pat White are runners that play QB. There 's a big difference.

And what am I putting on the line in fantasy football? I have broken down whole teams and made top 5 lists for pretty much every position. I'm the one who said D.T. was every bit as good as Julio and will prove it. Guess what? I said it here and can quote it. That's putting something on the line. I said the Seahawks were just as good as the 49ers and would win the NFC West. Guess What? They didn't win it - and it's on here for people to see. So what don't I put on the line? There is not one person here with more thoughts on who's a good player and will step up than me. Can you read? This is absurd to even say. This thread is full of me make player predictions on rookies all the way to vets...I'm not into fantasy football b/c I don't care to play it. I know a million people who do - and they always ask me thoughts on who will be a good player. But drafting players in rounds and saying I'll take uhh Tom Brady. is not interesting to me. And I rarely do what i see everyone else do, especially people like you. You play fantasy, let me study college players and project them into the league. We don't all have to do the same things in life. You want me to put something on the line? Go back and read pretty much most of my posts...

Quote Originally Posted by d3murf View Post
    You are calling RG a running QB and I'm not. I'm all about Pocket Passing - that's why I spend these hours studying these college qb's. I'm not studying runners. I never thought of RG or Russell Wilson as running QB's. They are Qb's that can run. Much like Big Ben and Steve Young - both of whom won SB's. People like Mike Vick and Pat White are runners that play QB. There 's a big difference.

And what am I putting on the line in fantasy football? I have broken down whole teams and made top 5 lists for pretty much every position. I'm the one who said D.T. was every bit as good as Julio and will prove it. Guess what? I said it here and can quote it. That's putting something on the line. I said the Seahawks were just as good as the 49ers and would win the NFC West. Guess What? They didn't win it - and it's on here for people to see. So what don't I put on the line? There is not one person here with more thoughts on who's a good player and will step up than me. Can you read? This is absurd to even say. This thread is full of me make player predictions on rookies all the way to vets...I'm not into fantasy football b/c I don't care to play it. I know a million people who do - and they always ask me thoughts on who will be a good player. But drafting players in rounds and saying I'll take uhh Tom Brady. is not interesting to me. And I rarely do what i see everyone else do, especially people like you. You play fantasy, let me study college players and project them into the league. We don't all have to do the same things in life. You want me to put something on the line? Go back and read pretty much most of my posts...
    Oh you mean those predictions where you were sub .500 on them while mmaguru made you look like a little schoolgirl in comparison? If I'm an NFL team I'd hire him long before I even look at you. At least he looked at the whole picture instead of trying to google up some wisdom. We can keep doing this all the way til' next season if you want - only way you are going to get any "cred" here is if you put your money where your mouth is (well...seeing as how you like those dick/ball references maybe not where your mouth is). You either step up and actually put your "knowledge" on the line or just shut up. Your sub .500 predictions suck, and your football IQ sucks. Nothing you have done or said has changed anyone's mind on that other than to think you haven't focused on your education at all.

+ Reply to Thread