+ Reply to Thread
Page 549 of 599 FirstFirst ... 49 449 499 539 547 548 549 550 551 559 ... LastLast
Results 5,481 to 5,490 of 5984

Thread: Lets go Uptown: Real Football Talk

Quote Originally Posted by PatSox View Post
    Oh crap, I thought it was for the dvision and seeding, but apparently not, as Cincy has a crappy division record and can't catch them

Oh well. At least that means I don't have to watch Flacco play
    Regardless of win/loss in bengals/ravens (barring a miracle Kansas City upset) it looks like the Patriots will get Cincy in the wildcard round at home - very winnable game for the Patriots. Just don't think Cincy can hold Brady and Darth Bill under 25 points...and don't think they can score that much. Only drama in that game will be Law Firm returning home to try and stick it to his former team...
    The Underdog Challenge IX: Champion
    The Underdog Challenge X: Champion

By the time the playoffs roll around, every game is a winnable game for every team. Sure, the Patriots vs Cincy is a winnable game for New England, but it was a winnable game for Pittsburg as well.

We've seen the Gmen get hot and run through the playoffs on the road. We saw Pitt do it a few years back. In the top 6 teams in each division, any team can beat the other, home or on the road.

I'll be pulling for Cincy. I like them 2nd most behind the Aint's, who ain't in the playoffs. Cincy's been playing good ball lately, and would have a nice win streak going in if not for a last second FG against the Cowboys. Cincy's got a damn good chance to beat Balt this Sunday and carry more momentum into the playoffs.

New England can lay an egg just as easy in the playoffs.
    07/07/10.. Brock Lesnar will beat any HW he faces in the next 3 years and will retire with only one loss on his record. (was wrong about this, for sure!)

Jon Jones is the most talented d*ck tucking b*tch in UFC history! Just fight Rashad already if you're not scared like you say you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphs56 View Post
    So does this guy. Before the season, everybody would say Who?!

Everybody?? Uhh Most people fam....He played with the TE from the Cards Rob Housler. And their QB started for the Titans 2 seasons ago - Rusty Smith...You don't watch FAU ball? You gotta see them play FIU. Too bad coach Schnellenberger resigned....

^^^ Love Housler as I mentioned a few posts ago. I hope he breaks out next year.

And I agree with war_spider. Anybody can win, there are no easy games in the playoffs. Sure there are probably some teams you'd rather face, but I don't think anybody is going to be a pushover.

I just did my predictions and have Denver winning the SB... as much as I hate to admit that in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by d3murf View Post
    Everybody?? Uhh Most people fam....He played with the TE from the Cards Rob Housler. And their QB started for the Titans 2 seasons ago - Rusty Smith...You don't watch FAU ball? You gotta see them play FIU. Too bad coach Schnellenberger resigned....
    If anybody knew who the hell he was, he would have obviously been at least a 2nd rounder. Morris did some like fill in work at the senior bowl where Shanahan coached him and thought he was an NFL caliber player. He probably wouldn't have been drafted at all had it not been for Shanahan coaching him.

It's just crazy how it works. You find one NFL talent evaluator who believes in you and gives you a chance and the rest is history. I can only imagine how many talents have been lost by not getting the opportunity like Morris got

"Highly competitive, smart, motivated, productive, college running back lacking the speed and agility to remain there in the pros. Physical, inside, north-south running style, willingness as a blocker and strong intangibles make him ripe for a conversion to fullback. Has played both positions and could get looks for a team that employs one-back power sets."
    Last edited by Murphs56; 12-30-2012 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphs56 View Post
    If anybody knew who the hell he was, he would have obviously been at least a 2nd rounder. Morris did some like fill in work at the senior bowl where Shanahan coached him and thought he was an NFL caliber player. He probably wouldn't have been drafted at all had it not been for Shanahan coaching him.

It's just crazy how it works. You find one NFL talent evaluator who believes in you and gives you a chance and the rest is history. I can only imagine how many talents have been lost by not getting the opportunity like Morris got

"Highly competitive, smart, motivated, productive, college running back lacking the speed and agility to remain there in the pros. Physical, inside, north-south running style, willingness as a blocker and strong intangibles make him ripe for a conversion to fullback. Has played both positions and could get looks for a team that employs one-back power sets."
    The thing with Alfred was first of all he was at FAU in the sunbelt conference. So that's a strike in scouts eyes because of the perceived lack of talent in the Sun Belt. Strike two was his 40 yd time and 3 cone drill. So you have someone playing against mid level comp with not very good measurables as far as speed and hips. He is like 5'11 - 220 lbs - which I think is ideal size for that Old Denver/New Skins run game. (Shanahan holla at ya boy Uptown - I'm the same size!!)

I saw Alfred play 2-3 times last year. He played against them Gators to open the season and didn't do ANYTHING. I would be surprised if he had 20 yards - and he ran the ball atleast 15 times. I also saw him play against Auburn. He has a pretty good game then. Probably like 80 yds. They played Kirk Cousins last year too ironically. He had a game like he had at Florida...So against the 3 best teams on his schedule he had less than stellar production. Small name school prospects - versus big time comp is HUUUGE as far as draft status. That's how some of the smaller school prospects make names for themselves...So I can easily see how Morris was almost not drafted. He's doing great - but to be honest he's doing as good as Mike Anderson (1500 yds!!), Olandis Gary(1150 yds in 12 games), Terrell Davis(That DUDE!), Clinton Portis (1500 yds two straight times to open his career), Rueben Droughns (1200 yds out of nowhere) etc. All those Denver guys under Shanny that were undrafted or late rd picks

I know he's on your squad so you're going to be excited. But the fact is - the Shanahans can make a 1000 yd rusher out of chicken **** as well. But I like Morris and his patience fits that scheme. I still wanna see Helu Jr come back. He's one of the fastest backs Shanny has ever had.

A guy who should complain about his draft - is Arian Foster who dominated against the best competition available. At Tennessee he was the man. He put it on UGA so bad quite a few times. But a slow 40 time and bad attitude left him undrafted. He was also hurt at the combine....So it happens bro. But congrats on the season kid.
    Last edited by d3murf; 12-30-2012 at 11:52 AM.

I gotta say this. Coach Pagano coming back right know is kinda selfish.

The Colts are humming like a diesel engine. A loss here can take away

momentum and send this fool into a depression...No? ..Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by purekane View Post
    I gotta say this. Coach Pagano coming back right know is kinda selfish.

The Colts are humming like a diesel engine. A loss here can take away

momentum and send this fool into a depression...No? ..Thoughts?
    The Colts really don't need the game though - they can't win their division and are locked into the wild card. So they just really need to stay sharp for wild-card weekend at the most.

Edit: And last time I checked he was the coach of the Colts. He should rightfully reclaim his spot. He earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by d3murf View Post
    The Colts really don't need the game though - they can't win their division and are locked into the wild card. So they just really need to stay sharp for wild-card weekend at the most.

Edit: And last time I checked he was the coach of the Colts. He should rightfully reclaim his spot. He earned it.
    Hell yeah he should Murf! If he's healthy enough to be there its his job and Arians would agree Im sure.

This is the first time since week one that The Colts are on tv for me here in the desert and i was amped as hell to see Chuck out there. Things are looking good so far, lets hope they keep this up. Nothing better then ****ing things up for the Texans

Speaking of the Colt's, I've found myself rooting for them all year and I don't know why. It's not because of the Pagano/cancer thing. It's not because of Luck. It's not because I've liked them before, I certainly HAVEN'T. I really didn't know why

Now I know why......because I need them to be good enough to beat the Texans today and give NE a shot at a bye. So COME ON COLTS!!! You guys fucking RULE!!!

+ Reply to Thread